VRC Formula NA Released (Paid): Premium Member Discount Available!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
VRC Formula NA a.jpg VRC Formula NA b.jpg VRC Formula NA c.jpg VRC Formula NA d.jpg VRC Formula NA e.jpg VRC Formula NA f.jpg
The VRC Modding Team have released the much anticipated Formula NA for Assetto Corsa - with discounts available for RaceDepartment Premium members!

Including two unique high performance open wheel racing cars from two very different eras of the sport and a high quality track, with a 2018 version of the same type of car and additional circuit set to follow suit in the very near future, this is one incredibly exciting mod for Assetto Corsa that covers some of the most popular forms of motorsport in the world of open wheel racing over the last 20 years...

What's included in the pack?

Formula NA VRC Released.jpg

At launch the VRC Formula NA pack will include:
  • Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions)
  • Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions)
  • VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway Track
It is to be noted that the Formula NA 2018 car will be added to the package shortly after release, and will come at no additional cost to those who purchase the initial pack of two cars (four configurations) and the VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway.

Additionally an as yet unannounced circuit will be joining the pack at a future date to be confirmed.

How much will it cost?

The full pack, with the initial two cars and track plus the 2018 version with the unannounced track due to be released later will retail for $15, or alternatively you can purchase the items separately as detailed below:

Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
The VRC southstar track: 4.5$

RD Premium Discount I Hear You Say?

That's right! RaceDepartment Premium members will be able to access the pack at a special price of $10! That's a $5 discount just for being a member of this awesome community! You can sign up for Premium Membership HERE.

Where do I Buy This Pack?

Find out more about this awesome new resource here.

Get your Premium Members 33% discount code to be used at the checkout HERE.

Happy racing everyone!

Last edited:
Sheez, I was expecting to read some good or bad comments about our work, feedback from the users, etc. and this turned out into another payware thread. :mad:
@Kenny Paton thanks for putting a stop to it (or trying at least), how depressing this place is turning out to be, makes me want to pack my bags and leave for good.

This mod does not seem to be finished yet, unfortunately, or at least I hope it is not finished, because there is some base there to build on. However, without a pace car (and without rolling starts), Indycars, esp. on ovals, do not make too much sense anyway.
Was very much looking forward to Indycar in AC.
At Indy speedway, both 1999 and 2012 basically handle the same, that comes as a surprise.
1999 cars seem to have too much downforce, esp. on ovals. Hitting the walls does not have any impact on the handling, the top speeds or the lap times (100% damage). After hitting the wall exiting T2 at Indy 4 times, I set the fastest lap in lap5, hitting the wall included. Huh?
Wedges are missing, several aero settings on the 2012 are missing, engine mode mapping is missing, oval configs has spools diff, here it's the same as on road.
Oval configuration can be run on road tracks, and actually is not too bad there - huh?
FFB is much too weak on road, and too vague (indycars don't have power steering), and has just added friction on ovals which is a bit odd, compensating for that again makes the ffb too weak. Road does not seem to be communicated too much via ffb, on oval it seems better to me. Handling is very forgiving, one can even catch spins on ovals, not what you see on TV. Given the power, the 1999 should be much more unforgiving also on road. Handling ffb feedback is great though.
Hope these cars will not stay so much true to the statement of not being indy cars. For the time being, back to Automobilista for the 90s cars (after some hours with these cars, 30 mins with CART Extreme bring back the smile), and iracing for the current cars.
There are so many great tracks in AC these cars could be raced on, so I hope this mod will be further developed.

thanks for putting a stop to it (or trying at least), how depressing this place is turning out to be, makes me want to pack my bags and leave for good.
I have no wish to stifle opinions, but some threads just seem to very quickly go off topic, which often means that members who do want to find out people's impressions of a mod have to wade through countless posts unrelated to the topic.
As I said earlier, if someone is so exercised about something then create your own thread.

For thoses saying this should be free:starting moding yourself and see the huge works that moders have,some ppl dont have ideia.........
Ex:I earn a G27 only to port an AE86 for rFactor2,private project to be used in arcades machines runing rFactor2....

By the way should we post our further impressions here or in the other thread?

I'm itching to learn about people's impressions of v1.1 since i won't be home for another 8 hours. Like how's the handling of cart now? Any meaningful changes?

The 99 CART cars and Texas Motor Speedway are worth the price of the pack IMO. That being said, I really hope the missing track and cars will be added soon so that this doesn't become yet another 'URD/RSS' situation.

I don't like that I had to find out about an update from a thread buried in a modding subsection rather than receiving an email about it; not professional at all.

I've never really been a fan of oval racing but it is great. I had to do a little searching for more oval tracks to race. The only problem I've had is that there are no full course cautions in AC, which is severely needed for ovals. It's almost impossible to get more than 15 laps done before the AI has a massive pileup.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 6 23.1%