VRC Formula NA Released (Paid): Premium Member Discount Available!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
VRC Formula NA a.jpg VRC Formula NA b.jpg VRC Formula NA c.jpg VRC Formula NA d.jpg VRC Formula NA e.jpg VRC Formula NA f.jpg
The VRC Modding Team have released the much anticipated Formula NA for Assetto Corsa - with discounts available for RaceDepartment Premium members!

Including two unique high performance open wheel racing cars from two very different eras of the sport and a high quality track, with a 2018 version of the same type of car and additional circuit set to follow suit in the very near future, this is one incredibly exciting mod for Assetto Corsa that covers some of the most popular forms of motorsport in the world of open wheel racing over the last 20 years...

What's included in the pack?

Formula NA VRC Released.jpg

At launch the VRC Formula NA pack will include:
  • Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions)
  • Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions)
  • VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway Track
It is to be noted that the Formula NA 2018 car will be added to the package shortly after release, and will come at no additional cost to those who purchase the initial pack of two cars (four configurations) and the VRC SouthStar Motorspeedway.

Additionally an as yet unannounced circuit will be joining the pack at a future date to be confirmed.

How much will it cost?

The full pack, with the initial two cars and track plus the 2018 version with the unannounced track due to be released later will retail for $15, or alternatively you can purchase the items separately as detailed below:

Formula NA 1999 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
Formula NA 2012 (Road and Oval versions): 4.5$
The VRC southstar track: 4.5$

RD Premium Discount I Hear You Say?

That's right! RaceDepartment Premium members will be able to access the pack at a special price of $10! That's a $5 discount just for being a member of this awesome community! You can sign up for Premium Membership HERE.

Where do I Buy This Pack?

Find out more about this awesome new resource here.

Get your Premium Members 33% discount code to be used at the checkout HERE.

Happy racing everyone!

Last edited:
Sorry. But i will not buy this. 1st at all AssettoCorsa is not the game for this kind of mod. AC has no pace car, rolling start or the regulations for the CART series. 2nd there is a complete free mod for Automobilista with all you need for a complete IndyCar experience. CartExtreme has all the cars, real paint jobs and you can get all the original tracks of this time period. 3rd, AC is now on sale at Steam and cost only 14 bucks. VRC did a good job, but this mod is just too expensive for an old game like AC.

And how is that CartExtreme mod in VR? Oh, right...... :p

@xoph

Thank you for taking time to give your opinion, i will try to answer some points:

However, without a pace car (and without rolling starts), Indycars, esp. on ovals, do not make too much sense anyway.

Those things are not present by default on AC, it has nothing to do with the mod.

At Indy speedway, both 1999 and 2012 basically handle the same, that comes as a surprise.

I'm also surprised that you're expecting to notice some big differences on an oval :D

1999 cars seem to have too much downforce, esp. on ovals.

And indeed, it had a lot of downforce in real life too, on both the road kit and oval one, actually there was only like a 2000 pounds at 200mph between the two kits.

Hitting the walls does not have any impact on the handling, the top speeds or the lap times (100% damage).

I have to agree with you on this one, it was intentional due to the simplicity of AC's damage model, i decided to make 100% damage moderate, to avoid situations in which you lose too much downforce for small contacts.

Wedges are missing, several aero settings on the 2012 are missing, engine mode mapping is missing, oval configs has spools diff, here it's the same as on road.

Again, i wish i could add those aero options you mentioned (and i know exactly what you are talking about), but knowing how the aero is designed on AC, it would be just an extra complication for the user with no real addition to the "simulation".

Engine modes are not possible yet on AC, and the 2012 oval version uses a different engine than that of the road config with a different turbo behaviour. It's not noticeable because the lag is minimal.

Oval configuration can be run on road tracks, and actually is not too bad there - huh?

Why are you surprised by this ? it's a car with low downforce, although i wouldn't label a 20secs laptime difference as "not bad"

FFB is much too weak on road, and too vague (indycars don't have power steering), and has just added friction on ovals which is a bit odd, compensating for that again makes the ffb too weak.

Not having power steering doesn't mean that you necessarely should feel massively stronger steering forces, teams in real life will try to work on the suspension geometry (by reducing mechanical trail, kingpin angle etc) to reduce the steering effort ...

I have a thrustmaster T300, and i try to set FFB in a way to minimize clipping on that steering wheel, you can always boost FFB using +/- buttons in case you find it too weak.

Given the power, the 1999 should be much more unforgiving also on road.

True! it generates more power but a bit less torque than the 2012 road version ... But anyway, you can't reduce a car to just "power" ... if only it were that easy :p

Sheez, I was expecting to read some good or bad comments about our work, feedback from the users, etc. and this turned out into another payware thread. :mad:
@Kenny Paton thanks for putting a stop to it (or trying at least), how depressing this place is turning out to be, makes me want to pack my bags and leave for good.
Some people's kids... I wouldn't sweat it too much, Daniel. There are plenty of people who appreciate the time and effort invested in things like this, those people just aren't making the most noise (probably because they're too busy driving and enjoying the thing).

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything here. You do as you like with you hard earned money. These two simple facts alone should terminate any debates, though I know it never will.

I only purchased the '99 car (as the newer car doesn't interest me much, no offense to VRC) and haven't had much seat time in it yet but it seems to be very good value for dollar. A well put together package of very good quality at first glance. I'm not sure I could comment with any authority on the specifics of physics and FFB because I've never come close to driving one of these machines for real, but it certainly feels believable and has enough credibility to take me to that virtual place where the brain starts buying what it's being fed, a suspension of disbelief if you will.

For $4.50, I'd be a fool to complain. I pissed away more money than that at a faulty coin-operated car wash yesterday...

This is starting to get out of borders, in my honest opinion. Every good moddingteam is starting now to put a paywall for their content.

No special offence against that. Good work should be paid well. BUT... If you buy it, but don't like it or you don't have the community for that? There's no refund-option. And no guarantee, that the mod will be updated, if a bug occures.

Also, I do organize endurance-events for a well-known german simrace-community. We could hardly use that stuff of paid content in a multiclass-event. Because EVERYBODY in the grid is forced to have that content, even if the driver is not in the class. And theres no real reason to pay 30 bucks for cars, that you never will try yourself.

Thanks for replying, Qazdar, with the many details. Ok, so AC is not ready for the carts and indycars (rf2 neither, btw and Automobilista also does not provides wedges, but there are no good ovals anywaym and Southstar is quite fun).
But can't there really be done more with the aero settings, there are options in AC, as seen in the Dallaras 312 and 317 with the upper and lower wings e.g., and aero and/or suspension damage should be possible as well?
As of the downforce, 2000 is not much, it was reduced between 96 and 99 from nearly 5000 to 2000 - and that reduction in conjunction with the power was partly blamed for the casualities, and now CART Extreme has less downforce (agreed, this one might not have enough), and the DW12 had 2200-3000, so there should be a difference.
As of the FFB, I am in a big mige with 25nm output and over 60% gain, which is not enough to mirror reality, but should be good enough to get a more prounounced feedback from the road and the steering input. Don't get me wrong, feedback from bumps or dips is well detected, e.g. T1 at Indy or Detroit, but it comes across as a bit numb. Is there no way to provide more details? At Road America, a mod, which is too smooth on the surface, I got still more feedback from the road in the Audi R8 LMS 2016 which I took for a ride to compare (because not long ago I ran the car there pretty much) than from the Indycar99.
As of the oval config on road, the AI road ran 44s at 100% difficulty, the oval config 47s, where are the remaing 17 secs.? At Spa, oval99s were about 4-5 secs slower. The breaking distance is much longer, and that is not only due to 350 kph at the end of the straights. But the oval config is pretty agile and fast around the corners as well. I thought the oval config should just kill you on a road course.
@xoph

Thank you for taking time to give your opinion, i will try to answer some points:

Those things are not present by default on AC, it has nothing to do with the mod.

I'm also surprised that you're expecting to notice some big differences on an oval :D

And indeed, it had a lot of downforce in real life too, on both the road kit and oval one, actually there was only like a 2000 pounds at 200mph between the two kits.

I have to agree with you on this one, it was intentional due to the simplicity of AC's damage model, i decided to make 100% damage moderate, to avoid situations in which you lose too much downforce for small contacts.

Again, i wish i could add those aero options you mentioned (and i know exactly what you are talking about), but knowing how the aero is designed on AC, it would be just an extra complication for the user with no real addition to the "simulation".

Engine modes are not possible yet on AC, and the 2012 oval version uses a different engine than that of the road config with a different turbo behaviour. It's not noticeable because the lag is minimal.

Why are you surprised by this ? it's a car with low downforce, although i wouldn't label a 20secs laptime difference as "not bad"

Not having power steering doesn't mean that you necessarely should feel massively stronger steering forces, teams in real life will try to work on the suspension geometry (by reducing mechanical trail, kingpin angle etc) to reduce the steering effort ...

I have a thrustmaster T300, and i try to set FFB in a way to minimize clipping on that steering wheel, you can always boost FFB using +/- buttons in case you find it too weak.

True! it generates more power but a bit less torque than the 2012 road version ... But anyway, you can't reduce a car to just "power" ... if only it were that easy :p

@xoph

Forget the ai, test it yourself, oval kit still has a good amount of rear downforce. I tried it at Catalunya and i was 20 secs slower.
Also, i can add as many wings as you wish with all road/oval kits settings , but in the end, it adds nothing special, just split cl/cd values, no effects on the car's wake or whatsoever, that's why i kept just front/rear wing configs in the aero tab, similar to what kunos did with their lmp cars.

@xoph

Forget the ai, test it yourself, oval kit still has a good amount of rear downforce. I tried it at Catalunya and i was 20 secs slower.
Also, i can add as many wings as you wish with all road/oval kits settings , but in the end, it adds nothing special, just split cl/cd values, no effects on the car's wake or whatsoever, that's why i kept just front/rear wing configs in the aero tab, similar to what kunos did with their lmp cars.
Thank you Qazdar You saved the day for my post!! +1 beer to you.

Welcome to the world wide web....Giving moron's opinions since 1991!

They are the old time communists.

So expressing whether or not these mods should be free is not accepted but flat-out insulting people is?

Such double standards.

Also, at least CartFactor in 2007 had 5 or 6 complete seasons and full trackpacks for free, for this you pay more for less and still find it acceptable? Good for you.

So expressing whether or not these mods should be free is not accepted but flat-out insulting people is?
Such double standards.
They can express their opinions I even suggested that they create a thread to do so, but this thread is not about that and I warned people posting to stick to the topic.
If it had been personal insults then it would have breached our ToS and would have been dealt with.

They can express their opinions I even suggested that they create a thread to do so, but this thread is not about that and I warned people posting to stick to the topic.
If it had been personal insults then it would have breached our ToS and would have been dealt with.
You have a very wierd view of what is a personal insult. Saying that people are morons and comunists is fine but saying that a dlc for a game is "lipstick on a pig" warrants a suspension. Good to know.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.