Featured VRC Formula NA Released (Paid): Premium Member Discount Available!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle
    Banned

Ratings:
    +2,729
    Yes, templates are now included, both 2d and 3d

2. lhcaetano

lhcaetano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    They are the old time communists.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,725
    And how is that CartExtreme mod in VR? Oh, right...... :p

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +681
    @xoph

Thank you for taking time to give your opinion, i will try to answer some points:

Those things are not present by default on AC, it has nothing to do with the mod.

I'm also surprised that you're expecting to notice some big differences on an oval :D

And indeed, it had a lot of downforce in real life too, on both the road kit and oval one, actually there was only like a 2000 pounds at 200mph between the two kits.

I have to agree with you on this one, it was intentional due to the simplicity of AC's damage model, i decided to make 100% damage moderate, to avoid situations in which you lose too much downforce for small contacts.

Again, i wish i could add those aero options you mentioned (and i know exactly what you are talking about), but knowing how the aero is designed on AC, it would be just an extra complication for the user with no real addition to the "simulation".

Engine modes are not possible yet on AC, and the 2012 oval version uses a different engine than that of the road config with a different turbo behaviour. It's not noticeable because the lag is minimal.

Why are you surprised by this ? it's a car with low downforce, although i wouldn't label a 20secs laptime difference as "not bad"

Not having power steering doesn't mean that you necessarely should feel massively stronger steering forces, teams in real life will try to work on the suspension geometry (by reducing mechanical trail, kingpin angle etc) to reduce the steering effort ...

I have a thrustmaster T300, and i try to set FFB in a way to minimize clipping on that steering wheel, you can always boost FFB using +/- buttons in case you find it too weak.

True! it generates more power but a bit less torque than the 2012 road version ... But anyway, you can't reduce a car to just "power" ... if only it were that easy :p

• Like Like x 8
    • Beer Beer x 3
  5. nico80131

nico80131

Ratings:
    +69
    Lol, I only have a DFGT

6. chili pepper

chili pepper

Ratings:
    +137
    Some people's kids... I wouldn't sweat it too much, Daniel. There are plenty of people who appreciate the time and effort invested in things like this, those people just aren't making the most noise (probably because they're too busy driving and enjoying the thing).

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything here. You do as you like with you hard earned money. These two simple facts alone should terminate any debates, though I know it never will.

I only purchased the '99 car (as the newer car doesn't interest me much, no offense to VRC) and haven't had much seat time in it yet but it seems to be very good value for dollar. A well put together package of very good quality at first glance. I'm not sure I could comment with any authority on the specifics of physics and FFB because I've never come close to driving one of these machines for real, but it certainly feels believable and has enough credibility to take me to that virtual place where the brain starts buying what it's being fed, a suspension of disbelief if you will.

For $4.50, I'd be a fool to complain. I pissed away more money than that at a faulty coin-operated car wash yesterday...

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. seanstar

seanstar

Ratings:
    +6
    I've been waiting for a mod like the '99 car in AC for years :) The model textures and sound are all excellent...My new favorite car in AC and well worth five dollars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,728
    Thanks for coming here to give explanations for the decisions you made in modelling the cars and for staying on topic.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Pedro17

Pedro17

Ratings:
    +9
    Mod Edit: Off topic
    No more warnings about staying on topic.

10. larre90

larre90

Ratings:
    +51
    This is starting to get out of borders, in my honest opinion. Every good moddingteam is starting now to put a paywall for their content.

No special offence against that. Good work should be paid well. BUT... If you buy it, but don't like it or you don't have the community for that? There's no refund-option. And no guarantee, that the mod will be updated, if a bug occures.

Also, I do organize endurance-events for a well-known german simrace-community. We could hardly use that stuff of paid content in a multiclass-event. Because EVERYBODY in the grid is forced to have that content, even if the driver is not in the class. And theres no real reason to pay 30 bucks for cars, that you never will try yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. xoph

xoph
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for replying, Qazdar, with the many details. Ok, so AC is not ready for the carts and indycars (rf2 neither, btw and Automobilista also does not provides wedges, but there are no good ovals anywaym and Southstar is quite fun).
    But can't there really be done more with the aero settings, there are options in AC, as seen in the Dallaras 312 and 317 with the upper and lower wings e.g., and aero and/or suspension damage should be possible as well?
    As of the downforce, 2000 is not much, it was reduced between 96 and 99 from nearly 5000 to 2000 - and that reduction in conjunction with the power was partly blamed for the casualities, and now CART Extreme has less downforce (agreed, this one might not have enough), and the DW12 had 2200-3000, so there should be a difference.
    As of the FFB, I am in a big mige with 25nm output and over 60% gain, which is not enough to mirror reality, but should be good enough to get a more prounounced feedback from the road and the steering input. Don't get me wrong, feedback from bumps or dips is well detected, e.g. T1 at Indy or Detroit, but it comes across as a bit numb. Is there no way to provide more details? At Road America, a mod, which is too smooth on the surface, I got still more feedback from the road in the Audi R8 LMS 2016 which I took for a ride to compare (because not long ago I ran the car there pretty much) than from the Indycar99.
    As of the oval config on road, the AI road ran 44s at 100% difficulty, the oval config 47s, where are the remaing 17 secs.? At Spa, oval99s were about 4-5 secs slower. The breaking distance is much longer, and that is not only due to 350 kph at the end of the straights. But the oval config is pretty agile and fast around the corners as well. I thought the oval config should just kill you on a road course.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +10
    CART machines and the cars from my favourite race ever (2012 Indy 500)? Time to reinstall AC!

• Love Love x 1
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +439
    I have not read any comments about the sound, how is it?

14. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,494
    My opinion on SFX is self-admittedly not worth a jot - but both cars sounds wonderful to me.

SFX is an area that I just lack the nuance to tell the good from the great, so long as its not a Gran Turismo vacuum cleaner I'm pretty happy.

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +681
    @xoph

Forget the ai, test it yourself, oval kit still has a good amount of rear downforce. I tried it at Catalunya and i was 20 secs slower.
    Also, i can add as many wings as you wish with all road/oval kits settings , but in the end, it adds nothing special, just split cl/cd values, no effects on the car's wake or whatsoever, that's why i kept just front/rear wing configs in the aero tab, similar to what kunos did with their lmp cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DKGORACE

DKGORACE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    So there's 94 comments posted, and not one about how the cars drive. Just a place to piss I guess

• Like Like x 1
  17. DKGORACE

DKGORACE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Thank you Qazdar You saved the day for my post!! +1 beer to you.

18. ChaosZeroJK

ChaosZeroJK

Ratings:
    +54
    So expressing whether or not these mods should be free is not accepted but flat-out insulting people is?

Such double standards.

Also, at least CartFactor in 2007 had 5 or 6 complete seasons and full trackpacks for free, for this you pay more for less and still find it acceptable? Good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,728
    They can express their opinions I even suggested that they create a thread to do so, but this thread is not about that and I warned people posting to stick to the topic.
    If it had been personal insults then it would have breached our ToS and would have been dealt with.

20. ChaosZeroJK

ChaosZeroJK

Ratings:
    +54
    You have a very wierd view of what is a personal insult. Saying that people are morons and comunists is fine but saying that a dlc for a game is "lipstick on a pig" warrants a suspension. Good to know.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.