Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

Forgive me for asking, but how do you mount these? Or do you have a table to set them up?
I made my own rig out of 30mmx150mm timber and MDF...so the Monitors are just positioned on a table surface that I jigsawed to shape, also handy for placing notes on as well:D...photo below showing my rig with existing old monitors....just waiting for new ones to show up:inlove:
SIM RIG 2x TSS with SCREENSHOTS Dirt Rally.jpg

I'm looking forward to proper triple screen support (aka Multiview) and that's kept me from purchasing ACC. Somehow I suspect my current triple screen rig is not going to be strong enough, but I need to hold off on a rig update a year more due to autocrossing.

How do you find response times/input latency using a projector. I'll be buying one soon and any advice will be gladly received.

And there is the kicker. I'm a few seconds a lap slower when using my projector, and I don't feel that the driving is as precise. I put this down to the latency/input lag.

If I were playing online then I'd only be using my monitor.

Bearing in mind my projector is a few years old now, Nor was it top of the line when I bought it.

Good news for the triple screeners for sure :thumbsup:! I know how frustrating the similar DiRT Rally 2.0 no VR, then Oculus VR via Steam debacle was.

However, I think we should all take a moment to reflect on the impact we are having on the planet with our hobby. I don't know how so many of you can be so insensitive to the planet at this time, running three monitors when surely one would do. ;)

I mean come on Lewis Hamilton, F1 driver and bang on the extinction trend, has said we've all got to make sacrifices, he's even sold his private jet to show how much he cares. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569

I want all you triple screeners to think of that next time you fire up your monitors, maybe just use 2 next time eh? I mean you could go outside, fly to 21 other countries and drive an ecologically sound F1 car for a couple of hundred laps every other weekend. Then you'd be saving the planet and qualified to tell others to do the same, appreantly.

I'll stick with VR and my bacon roll...ooh no I can't have one of those either according to Lewis. :D

I switched my PC power supply from 240V to 110V. That will help, right? :D

As for that idiot Hamilton. Does he not understand how plants grow? Or does he expect the whole damn world to switch farming practices overnight? Stop wasting **** tonnes of fuel driving a F1 car and race Formula E.

*runs and hides*

Doesn't that just make it so you are in a MASSIVE car if fov is correct?

FOV calculators don't work on screens this size, Not that I bother with them. Your field of view starts at your eyes, not at the screen.

Aside from that, Yes, Big screen, big image. For me, Much better then tiny screen with tiny image.
projector.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back