Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

M D Gourley

Premium
After seeing the ACC is getting possible Triple Screen support, time to throw out my 8 year old existing triple screen 27" monitors that have 28mm thick bezels:thumbsup: ...I have just purchased 3 new basic 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panel, 75Hz and Freesync.:inlove:...yay, looking forward to them:D.
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q

Last edited:
i dont care about that, we need some modding.

Disagree and here’s why, we already have AC as a very good base for mods, AC is not very focused though and it’s a bit of a Wild West as far as what’s out there racing is concerned.

Some mods are truly epic, some much less so...
ACC goes the other way and is consistent in its quality as well as focused on complete racing series instead of a random collection of bits and pieces, this I think is needed here.

to have this feature or not nvidia is happy to hear that € bell ringing but at the end we need mod support and custom liveries and custom grid and Nords. Looking forward to the 2019 spec cars and the internconti track things.

Chris

Premium
So nothing about fixing ACC+SteamVR=:thumbsdown:?
They haven't fixed this ridiculous performance-loss while using mirrors yet, so I recommend a lot of patience for the triplescreen-support:sleep:.
It doesn't mean they've not been working on anything else. There could very well be several VR improvements in the next update, along with a whole host of other things.

Cue score changes. Here's an easy link.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ty-edition-assetto-corsa-competizione.174167/

I couldn't care less personally, but I can relate. I know how important VR support was to me - I never played the game until it was added - so I'm sure this rates as highly for those with good triple monitor setups.

And kudos Kunos. It seems that this was not easy to implement, and was not a documented feature, so this is something that they didn't need to do, but they did anyway.

M D Gourley

Premium
Which ones exactly if I may ask?
AOC 27V2Q...Just a basic monitor not a Gaming specific monitor...it was cost effective for the 3 and the specs are better than what I have now...especially having the slim bezels:D..really looking forward to ACC having triple screen support and trying them out on all my other Sims:inlove:
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000