Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

It looks ACC is losing the hype, it's time they come up with something major to keep the title alive.
When it was released I guessed it will be a one-summer attraction.
Most games loose their hype after about 3 months, first 6 weeks are the most important. After that sales go downhill, as new games taking over the sales. Unless you offer something unique that keeps enough players buying DLC's or subscriptions. Looking at the steam stats, their all time high was 5 months ago, since than it goes downhill. The Orginal Asetto Corsa sold 10x times as much! People play AC 2,5 hours a week compared to ACC 40 minutes a week. There are well over a 1000 AC players logged in at the moment, compared to just 150 ACC players.

Good news...
Someone at RD should take a look at the current monitor options.
We can now get fast refresh 144Hz models with very small borders/frame.

Some are marketed as "seemless viewing" or "edge-edge" and being "borderless".
Yet to find a comparison/review on which models offer the thinnest bezels and are ideal gaming monitors also with VESA mounting.

Last edited:
Nice. I'll definitely reinstall to try it out. In VR it was just too blurry to live with.

But now I've installed my triples back up, so I have both options VR and triples, even with all the lost room space I couldn't live without titles like AMS and Wreckfest.

Performance should be a little better (on triples) than it has been though. Unreal 4 proved to be tough, I don't envy Kunos who took a plunge into Unknown with Unreal 4... and now have to make the best of it. Great company which I value very much for their work ethic, honest communication and fair pricing. They seem to be devoted for a fight, not giving up on things as easily

You could get them for some time already, running 3x 32" at 144hz for well over a year here.
Those monitors were around 280 euro per piece when we bought them.

Try finding a video review on YT that identifies the ideal monitor for "surround gaming". Most monitor reviews are by "tech guys" that get sent loads of stuff free and doing single monitor reviews.

Some models have thin bezels but are not "gaming centric" based displays and not all have VESA mounting.

Some TV's have very thin bezels. Yet finding a 40" 4K tv with low latency and 120Hz support seems hard to find to compare with. These could bring better imagery and be configured to use either 16:9 or 21:9 based resolutions and still be larger than 34" monitors with the 21:9 aspect ratio.

Yet when was the last time you seen a "Sim Channel" or "Tech Channel" offer a TV review test 120Hz gaming and 21:9 gaming from a "monitor usage" perspective for a TV?

LG Nano-cell models seem to be available, that may be suitable options as well as some Samsung models with either (VRR) variable refresh 120Hz or Freesync2 support. Though at a quick glance 50" size looks to be the smallest in most model ranges.

New VRR TV's can support
21:9 2560x1440 120Hz

A TV can have some advantages for those that want PC/Console/Entertainment multiusage, with likely better viewing angles, better HDR output as well. One of the setbacks with 21:9 and 32:9 monitors is using them with 16:9 content. Some people just need a display for the sole purpose of the sim-rig others for multiusage.

Every option seems to have its own pros/cons but I am curious what actually forms the best display models to buy for different peoples use cases and preferences.

Last edited:
When we first heard about ACC I really wanted it to become a success.
First EA release and no triple screen support, surely they must be working on it, right? Wrong!

I've lost count on how many times I've installed this game to give it another chance, just to uninstall it a few hours later and it's always been because the confusion it creates without proper triple screen support.
But finally, it's here! A little too late Kunos, the servers are as empty as in rf2, ams, rf1, gsce and I don't see this patch change that.
I'll still keep an eye open and dream that one day i can just fire up ACC and have a good race online.

I have missed something here??? I have been running ACC in triple screen ever since it arrived, just change the screen resolution to 5760x1080....it works. I'm running an Eyefinity Radeon graphic card and it works with all racing sims running in 3 screen mode.

I have missed something here??? I have been running ACC in triple screen ever since it arrived, just change the screen resolution to 5760x1080....it works. I'm running an Eyefinity Radeon graphic card and it works with all racing sims running in 3 screen mode.
If you're using your 3 monitor as a flat wall, that is no problem. When monitors are angled, there is no way to adjust and it looks distorted.
Wreckfest doesn't support proper triples, but it's more forgiving as it's not supposed to be 1:1 simulation.
The space warp effect on the side monitors adds to immersion but breaks realism.
I don't like to look at a side mirror as wide as my monitor.
I bought ACC the first time it was available as early access, but still waiting to be "finished".

Nope, image is stretched on side monitors, you can't set angle nor bezel gap.

You basically only have a flat image stretched on 3 screens.

Last edited:
Woha good news, thou i somehow doubt it will support my setup :( oh well ~

"The Unreal Engine supports these usage scenarios through a system called nDisplay. This system addresses some of the most important challenges in rendering 3D content simultaneously to multiple displays:"
Aaand 4th line in that section is?
"For each of the devices an instance of Unreal Engine handles, it renders a single viewpoint on the same 3D scene"
More viewports - more instances, usually ran on other machines.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back