Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

When a great sim with proper tire physics, night/day cycle/meticulous recreation of Blancpain championship/esports/etc. is overlooked because triple screen is delayed in order to implement properly because of UE4, THEN you TRULY have the measure how simracing is a joke now...

I corrected your post.

Mate, is nothing good enough for ppl anymore....

Kunos has always done this, same with AC, as the sim/game evolves they always cater to the audience. No surprises here. Also new pics surfacing of incoming v1.1, the good stuff always takes long to make.

There's a really old saying: 3 types of service offered: Good quality - Cheap - Fast (pick two)

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this. I am a bit curious though. I didn't see any announcement that the UE4 engine supports triple screens with any recent releases, so i'm left wondering if this is another work around or if it will truly be properly supported.

The last time they provided the stretched center screen work around, I was really disappointed.

I corrected your post.

Mate, is nothing good enough for ppl anymore....

Kunos has always done this, same with AC, as the sim/game evolves they always cater to the audience. No surprises here. Also new pics surfacing of incoming v1.1, the good stuff always takes long to make.

There's a really old saying: 3 types of service offered: Good quality - Cheap - Fast (pick two)

Thanks but no, I don't need it to be corrected by you, so please remove my name from that post...
I am not talking about ACC overall quality, I am talking about simracing in general and I think ACC like others sim has it its own problems but promoting something should be there from day one as an exciting news (as other sim did in the past) is a joke....

Last edited:
How do you find response times/input latency using a projector. I'll be buying one soon and any advice will be gladly received.
Just a heads up, I had a projector but I didn't really use it for gaming or sim racing but over all my experience with it was they're a hassle to accommodate and will have ongoing costs with regards bulbs. Your room will have to be very dark, I know people will often say it's OK in a bright room but as you get more used to it you'll notice the image quality goes up a lot the darker the room gets and it can be hard to ignore the fact if the room was just a little bit darker I'd have a better picture and next thing you know your sitting in a pitch black room. The more you use it the more it will cost you as bulbs have a self life and mine had noticeable drop off in quality towards the end of the bulbs life.

The picture can be great but there are extra variables like the amount of light in the room that can negatively affect picture quality which can get super annoying, they require more work and patients than a big TV. If you can accommodate it and live with the quirks they are great, but a big TV would be much easier to live with and cost a lot less in the long run.

After seeing the ACC is getting possible Triple Screen support, time to throw out my 8 year old existing triple screen 27" monitors that have 28mm thick bezels:thumbsup: ...I have just purchased 3 new basic 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panel, 75Hz and Freesync.:inlove:...yay, looking forward to them:D.
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q
At least one clever man here, 75hz is so much better than 60hz and thoze almost with out bezel type monitors will suit you very good, i has 3x27” 75hz 1080p lg monitors and they are great, just maybe wished that they would be ips and not VA panels, also was thinking samsun crg9 for better resolution but it seems not the way to go, as a lot of who had 49” crg9 or chg9 went back to tripples!

After seeing the ACC is getting possible Triple Screen support, time to throw out my 8 year old existing triple screen 27" monitors that have 28mm thick bezels:thumbsup: ...I have just purchased 3 new basic 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panel, 75Hz and Freesync.:inlove:...yay, looking forward to them:D.
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q
Forgive me for asking, but how do you mount these? Or do you have a table to set them up?

[QUOTE = "Rob Fitness, publicación: 3057251, miembro: 115661"] Estoy muy emocionado de escuchar que esto viene y con 3 cámaras ... no puedo esperar para probarlo y con la última versión escaneada con láser de Bathurst. pronto también ... :enamorado:. solo espero que funcione decente también, no tiene sentido hacerlo si se ejecuta a 50FPS en medio. en una PC de $ 4000 [/ QUOTE]
Totalmente de acuerdo!!!

[QUOTE = "Rob Fitness, publicación: 3057251, miembro: 115661"] Estoy muy emocionado de escuchar que esto viene y con 3 cámaras ... no puedo esperar para probarlo y con la última versión escaneada con láser de Bathurst. pronto también ... :enamorado:. solo espero que funcione decente también, no tiene sentido hacerlo si se ejecuta a 50FPS en medio. en una PC de $ 4000 [/ QUOTE]
Totalmente de acuerdo!!!

I can’t read French!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%