Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

It looks ACC is losing the hype, it's time they come up with something major to keep the title alive.
When it was released I guessed it will be a one-summer attraction.

Like say an IGTC pack that includes some of the most iconic and hardest to licence tracks in the world? Or a McLaren shadow project e-sports sort of thing? Or maybe some major work to help support the triple screen users?

Just some random ideas I haven’t seen anywhere lately... lol

Im very excited to hear that this is coming and with 3 cameras... can't wait to try it and with the latest laser scanned version of Bathurst getting around soon too... :inlove:. just hope it runs decent as well, no point doing it if it runs at 50FPS on medium.on a $4000 PC

And kudos Kunos. It seems that this was not easy to implement, and was not a documented feature, so this is something that they didn't need to do, but they did anyway.
Maybe I am/was naive, and entitled, but I did take it as given that a racing sim has proper triple screen support. I don't see it as a feature per se. Similarly to VR support. Though it is ofc newer tech and not as established yet. But maybe more common compared to triples these days..?

Certainly happy for the triples support to arrive and thankyou KS :)

to have this feature or not nvidia is happy to hear that € bell ringing
No they won't, at least not because of me. I've bought my 2080 at release of the card anyway :cool: Seriously, some people are unhappy even when good things happen. And as a VR user I don't even care about triple screen the slightest bit, but I can understand a lot of people were waiting for this. And of course they already have a good graphic card, because most of them will play other racing games with their triples, too, so it's really a none issue.

After seeing the ACC is getting possible Triple Screen support, time to throw out my 8 year old existing triple screen 27" monitors that have 28mm thick bezels:thumbsup: ...I have just purchased 3 new basic 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panel, 75Hz and Freesync.:inlove:...yay, looking forward to them:D.
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q
Awesome mate.
I've been looking for some frame less monitors also but it seems that even monitors that have next to no plastic frame they all seem to have a bezel that is part of the actual screen! Small yes, like 0.5mm but when powered off they look to have a 1mm bezel but when on there is a kind of virtual bezel or something. I hope you enjoy your new screens, they do look nice and I'll be interested in you opinion of them.

After seeing the ACC is getting possible Triple Screen support, time to throw out my 8 year old existing triple screen 27" monitors that have 28mm thick bezels:thumbsup: ...I have just purchased 3 new basic 27" 1080 monitors with 3 sides frameless hidden edge design IPS panel, 75Hz and Freesync.:inlove:...yay, looking forward to them:D.
https://eu.aoc.com/en/monitors/27v2q
And no comment about only having 75 fps is trash?
Yet...

Good news for the triple screeners for sure :thumbsup:! I know how frustrating the similar DiRT Rally 2.0 no VR, then Oculus VR via Steam debacle was.

However, I think we should all take a moment to reflect on the impact we are having on the planet with our hobby. I don't know how so many of you can be so insensitive to the planet at this time, running three monitors when surely one would do. ;)

I mean come on Lewis Hamilton, F1 driver and bang on the extinction trend, has said we've all got to make sacrifices, he's even sold his private jet to show how much he cares. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569

I want all you triple screeners to think of that next time you fire up your monitors, maybe just use 2 next time eh? I mean you could go outside, fly to 21 other countries and drive an ecologically sound F1 car for a couple of hundred laps every other weekend. Then you'd be saving the planet and qualified to tell others to do the same, appreantly.

I'll stick with VR and my bacon roll...ooh no I can't have one of those either according to Lewis. :D

I don't know how so many of you can be so insensitive to the planet at this time, running three monitors when surely one would do.
...errr...my new Monitors are...rohs compliant, meaning...The RoHS directive aims to restrict certain dangerous substances commonly used in electronic and electronic equipment:thumbsup:...I'm doing my small bit to save the plant:). while totally enjoying myself:thumbsup:

Triple screen support is good news but considering performance & visual quality isnt exactly stellar when running ACC over 3 screens as it currently is ( even without using projection correction ), I cant wait for my fps to be cut in half on my 2070S.

I'd love to see them use NVidias' SMP to help with the frame hit, but I doubt they'd alienate some of their user base by using a feature tied to a specific gpu brand.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back