I like how the blinkers slightly misalign with headlamps. Nice detail that. Gives it a sense of realism.
Yeah, I had them aligned in the beginning, but a lot of references show a more subtle relationship. The main lights are also a little misaligned on the yaw axis.

Some of it can be from age though so it's difficult to be truthful. Just need to think and compare a lot. It's still a little wrong; but better.

Btw, those are corner lamps, and the blinker is integrated into the unit as a separate piece.

What's the status of the roof lines? have you checked it yet?

Judging from your last screenshot they could use some smoothing there, specially the top of the C pillar

1587819135089.png

What's the status of the roof lines? have you checked it yet?

Judging from your last screenshot they could use some smoothing there, specially the top of the C pillar

View attachment 366346

Yep, that's the main area what I was working on alongside the pillars and door. I'm keeping it a little low poly so it's easy to adjust, but I've felt a need to add a few more loops especially in the rear. The front hasn't been developed so much yet. Most of the focus was in the door, as it's the most off and would potentially affect the placement of the roof loops; so I left the roof for a little later.

Roof shape is looking a LOT better. Windows rubber (or plastic?) trim should be thicker I think. Also mirrors look way too small right now.
Yeah that's I think too. The rubber trim is quite deceptive actually, need to compare that more. I had it bigger before, but more comparisons was showing otherwise.

Mirror is probably too small indeed, which means the rubber attachment piece on the A pillar corner is too small as well. It's a bitch to compare because all of the pics have either a different spec mirror or a different adjustment position, so I don't know if it will ever be perfect...

My guess would be; mirror bigger, rubber bigger and move the mirror a little rearward so it still fits.

Yeah that's I think too. The rubber trim is quite deceptive actually, need to compare that more. I had it bigger before, but more comparisons was showing otherwise.

Mirror is probably too small indeed, which means the rubber attachment piece on the A pillar corner is too small as well. It's a bitch to compare because all of the pics have either a different spec mirror or a different adjustment position, so I don't know if it will ever be perfect...

My guess would be; mirror bigger, rubber bigger and move the mirror a little rearward so it still fits.
To put it in a picture:

1587900802508.png

Nothing too special today. Just finding reference and figuring out the rubber lining and frame around the windshield and A pillars, and refining the shape.

Soon I will forget about this and bring the general exterior shape to completion, as I consider this part a section of the "2nd layer frame" before the interior. Also improving the physics yet some more, and working on other cars too.

222.PNG

221.PNG

Motivation is running lower than before, because this job is ****ing difficult, but I think it'll start coming back up again once the frame starts being modeled. Also I really need to smooth that ^^^^ curve out.

Once you start getting inside that's where things can get boring and repetitive at times. Might take a lot of time to do a small part for very little visual impact, but can't skip those if you want a solid model in the end.

Once you start getting inside that's where things can get boring and repetitive at times. Might take a lot of time to do a small part for very little visual impact, but can't skip those if you want a solid model in the end.
I'm actually waiting anxiously to get to doing the inside; the 106 was a very fun puzzle to figure out and I like looking at interiors. :alien:

223.PNG

Oh man, those were big corrections. This area wasn't making sense up to now and I kind of ignored it. Looking back it wasn't the best course of action, but I came out in the end. Several centimeters off.

It's still a good bit off in absolute size but the shape is there.

EDIT:

A bit closer, but some dimensions aren't making sense. Gotta do more photomatching, that'll show it.

224.PNG

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes