fspy19.PNG

Things are finally popping into place a bit.

EDIT:

This angle too is sensible. I wonder what exactly is off in the A pillar. I think X position. Let's see if I can fix that and maintain the above matching too...

fspy21.PNG

Last edited:
176.PNG

Some more literal forms of the front grille, lights and bumper. Need to remodel the foglight cutouts in.

177.PNG

Figured out why the rear license plate area is fatter on all the pics than the frame is. Sneaky little plastic piece put on top. That cutout seems to be there IRL.

178.PNG

And bare metal frame.

EDIT: The piece is still a bit inaccurate. Hard to figure out *exactly* what thickness and form it is.

irs.jpg

Ignore the geo, that's an S13 rear-end swap.

EDIT 2: And that's a coupe too. Very different rear frame.

EDIT 3:

Found it.

IMG_3128-1.jpg

Last edited:
202.PNG

Still needs a bit of proportional tweaks + one more cover inside of the big cover, between the bulb cover and the outside cover + the angle for the front, which comes last. Looking a lot more real though.

The real form is quite complex and I would model it properly if this model was for rendering, but because it's a game model...

203.PNG

Giving a bit of depth to the rubber lining and wheel arch. I hope this + some addon parts is as detailed as it has to go.

I can't find definitive evidence of that missing piece existing in OEM headlights (Is it just a piece of cardboard?!) so I'll leave it out for now. Next would probably be up the side lights.

204.PNG

New door, with the top part completely from scratch again. I think this is close to the true form of the door. Still need to do some minor tweaking to the center loop of the indented area, but that's easy. For the final car I might need to increase poly density of the door a bit to get that blend on the left smoother. Depends how it truly looks ingame.

209.PNG

Need to find a bit more clear pics to understand what's really going on there on the corners, but this is still probably more accurate than most 86 models, so...

I'd still like to have it completely transfer over to for example Kouki lights, with the different trim, with no issues at all. Assuming the frame is the same IRL.

210.PNG

Whole bunch of small changes.

EDIT: Finally could get the headlights shorter and bonnetline lower, like they should be. My eye was telling me so, but it was being difficult to photomatch it definitely and I didn't want to just rely on my eye, so I just needed the right pictures to confirm it. Might not be exact yet, but better!

211.PNG

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back