Quarter, light profile a bit better. Now when it's still lowpoly is the time to do this stuff IMO.

98.PNG

106.PNG

107.PNG

Bunch of tweaks to bumper, hatch, quarter shapes. I wish I had some good side and front shots of the Zenki bumper, quite difficult this one. I'll settle for a little bit inaccurate bumper if the frame is right, at least.

111.PNG

Need to still figure out exactly how the indent is on the front part of the door, and how it is on the rear windows.

Don't think I've shown wires yet, so:

113.PNG

114.PNG

115.PNG

Gaining an understanding now. The rear-lower part should merge smoothly into the lower part.

57ccbdbcdac3307a-large.jpg

tptqdd9y.jpg

A little bit challenging because it's not a simple surface form, but I can manage it. Just need more and more ref and looking at it. The reason I'm doing under the door so detailed and not just putting the liner directly is because I want to confirm it makes sense. I'll do it for the rest of the windows and the trunk, too.

EDIT: I've got it now. Now to make the inside form more accurate, not like it matters tho. But I want to.

img_4873.jpg

116.PNG

EDIT: Rear area as well. I'll keep these simple for now so they don't really influence much if I have to modify the outside shape. It's more to help me logically fit it all together right now. I might go and model some parts more detailed later, if they will show in the stripped interior.

117.PNG

Last edited:
Wow, that's cool, I never knew you can see the frame from the side window! I was about to pull my hair out because it looked like it wasn't lining up! Details, details...

118.PNG

JCFD4077735-7.jpg

119.PNG

Anyone who knows how I do physics saw this coming. Now when the outside looks pretty good, I'm gonna be modeling (Roughly) the frame under to make sure everything can logically fit in place and to assist in the future. No way in hell am I gonna make it truly accurate, with all the small indents and whatever, but at least the outside is very useful.

122.PNG

123.PNG

EDIT: Was a good move to model that frame. Now the license plate and light area is *much* better.

125.PNG

126.PNG

img_4702.jpg

A bit off still, but this is really a huge help. I'll need to research what differences there are between frames, because I'm *almost* sure that I'm seeing some pics with a bit different profile for some shapes. I don't know why. Maybe a Zenki/Kouki thing? Did the amount the things under the rear lights stick out change over the years/from model to model?

Last edited:
130.PNG

131.PNG

Bunch of changes to the rear area. Much better now; but still off. Next step will be to take a good look at the front; light height and profile is still off a bit.

Handle and indent is just a quick low-poly thing for now, more as a visual guide. It's overall a bit too small I think.

139.PNG

140.PNG

Fixed front lights form a bit and had to make a pretty big change to the side trim line, added mirrors just as a guide for now and corrected rear frame and lights.

fspy3.PNG

Not the best photomatch but it gives some direction.

EDIT:
fspy5.PNG

I'm willing to believe the lights and bonnetline are too low. It looks like it from side-on shots. So I'll fix that and then come back.

EDIT 2:

Yeah.

fspy6.PNG

EDIT 3:

Yeah boi.

fspy7.PNG

Soon going to need to find more angles/improve accuracy of this match, but this is enough to get it kinda close.

EDIT 4:

Bunch of corrections to the side and arches. Still needs more but at least now it's somewhat close.

144.PNG

Last edited:
It is fun to see all of these matchings. Especially in Blender because its matching technique isnt easy.
I use fspy and the Blender plugin. I try my best to get a match, then I export the camera to Blender and continue there if it's close.

I'm not the best as it, so it doesn't really come out exact, but I try. It's better than just completely eyeballing everything.

148.PNG

Whole bunch of changes today. Lots of changes to the front and arches and sides.

Put in some cuts to the lights just for this picture, to get an idea of how it might look final. The lights match up in photomatching, but I can't help but feel they look too tall. I'll need to compare more.

Bonnet and quarter are also shaping up very well.

Please, if someone has some good side-on shots of STOCK BODY AE86's especially the early ones with these harsher arches, please, throw them my way. I'm doing small tweaks to the arch shape all the time. Front is probably more off than rear.

I've never finished a car mesh, so my goal is to just work on the JDM Levin every day I can. I would *like* to make everything; Zenki, Kouki, Trueno, US, Europe, but well, there are human limits too.

Pretty big remodel of the rear quarter and part of the front.

162.PNG

161.PNG

Next up is to check door cutout angles and correlate it to the arches. Bumpers are still cursed, and I removed the indent from the rear one for ease of use.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back