260.PNG

259.PNG

Loosely for now. I think I will just get the overall form right, but no holes or ribs or anything complicated. That comes later, whenever I get around to stripped cars, which will probably entail a lot of remodeling anyway, which is beyond my skill level currently.

This is just to place things.

B3.PNG

B4.PNG

I don't think I can do the interior right without this. Not 100% sure about the placement, still comparing. Might need to put the dash in for it to make sense.

EDIT: More pics. No idea about accuracy but front of dash at least is reasonable.

B5.PNG

B6.PNG

B7.PNG

Last edited:
B11.PNG

B12.PNG

B13.PNG

This is the real hard part, but I know from 2D art that the rough shapes and lines are the most important. I'll gladly use a bunch of time at this stage, making sense of the dimensions, then just model in the nicer shapes with little pain and have it all more or less fit. Even if it doesn't look as sexy for most of the time.

B18.PNG

B19.PNG

Subject to change, and I will have to tidy it up closer to the end when placements are more sure, but it's looking alright. I needed to make the form closer to reality so I can compare it to reference better. Now, towards the rear cards.

B20.PNG

This was a real pain to figure out, but now I think I have most of the side figured out. Time for the bottom sills and top.

Also, normals were flipped on the top of the door trim on the earlier pic, so that's why it looks weird.

B22.PNG

Finally found enough refs to make some parts of this area. No idea why door and B pillar don't line up; no idea which is wrong. I'm inclined to believe maybe the B pillar, as that I have much less ref on. *sigh*

B25.PNG

*flex*

I didn't even try to line it up intentionally, just noticed now. The frame was modeled, what, a week ago? Something is right, at least. ;)

B29.PNG

Premium ™ gaps. Of course later I will add more geometry and flesh out the edges, but I need to figure out the placement of everything first.

B33.PNG

B34.PNG

B35.PNG

That was a lot of pain for no actual gain; but it helps me place things.

Modeled in the proper ridge for the rubber lining. It's a complex shape which blends from a flat into a ridge, then continues to extend off the pillar as almost a separate object.
The latter part is missing more or less, as it won't ever be visible and would be *really* hard to model in part of this object.

At least it is correctly placed more or less.

B38.PNG

Need to still figure out what exact liners and panels are on the pillar and in front of the dash. That white shouldn't be visible, but I'm not 100% sure how the panels actually are. Quite difficult stuff. I had to rearrange the position of the dash and frame A LOT to get a sensible match.

B39.PNG

B44.PNG

B43.PNG

Now stuff is really starting to line up well. It'd be acceptable to being detail modeling from here probably, but I'll still match it closer. Now when I do it once, I'll do it well.

Decided to clear my head of the interior a bit and improve the overall impression of the car significantly, via...

Wheels!

B48.PNG

175 wide 13 inchers, which came stock on the GT Apexes IIRC. I think the 185 14's were optional, and are more prominently featured in the catalog, but I *really* don't like them. I will first do these as they are common, then decide if I want those other ones too. I kind of want the smaller tire, for less grip, and more fun.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed I lined up the 13inch marker with the middle of the lip now, when I was adjusting the ref. To my understanding, the dimensions of the wheel do not take the lip into account, so I'll have to scale it smaller again. Is that correct?

B49.PNG

That's more like it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back