Yeah, it will be somewhat challenging to get the interior accurate with no measurements and specific pics. But there is enough to do it.

230.PNG

Hatch progress.

I think any proportional issue is more the hatch and the initial curve into the hatch than anything under it, so I'm working that. There will absolutely be some inaccuracy but as long as it looks mostly right and is not super off, I will allow it. Eventually I must move on. I think later I'll also model very barebones frame under the lights area, when I start adding depth to the frame before the interior. It might assist in placing the rear compartment floor.

236.PNG

Not much, but it's what I had courage for tonight. Improving mirror form a bit.

Probably will speed up again once all my physics are up to date.

239.PNG

240.PNG

It's not much, but it's more than the "nothing" I was expecting to do today. Between updating the 86's physics itself and making other cars which take precedence over this alongside any AC-unrelated projects, I can't find too much motivation to continue right now.

Mirrors are quite difficult for me, and the interior is what I'm really waiting for, so maybe I will wrap up the exterior frame, forget the mirrors for now and start the interior.

241.PNG

Ain't much, but I gotta figure it out some time. There's additional paneling on the rear of the 86, above the frame, which blends in well to the metal bodywork, and is pushed out a bit with a bit smoother edges so it'll change the geometry.

I'll model that in too so the dimensions make sense, if I merge it later with the body, I don't know.

There is a quite pronounced gap where it joins, so perhaps I will need to work on that a bit later. I think it's largely part of the metal frame itself.

I'm not gonna use too many sessions anymore on the exterior frame; my skills aren't enough to get it all perfect, not yet. I just want it to be reasonable that it doesn't immediately stick out as off.

242.PNG

One of the last things I want to figure out before I start adding thickness to the chassis and move on to the interior. We will see if it spells my doom.

243.PNG

Can't be arsed to finish it so it stays here for now. Using some EUDM Corolla GT pics as reference mainly. From what I can tell it's the same as JDM Zenki Levin. If it's not I will ****ing scream.

245.PNG

I think right now this is the only way this car can progress. Little micro bites every day. No energy or time for big 12h modeling sprees. This is better than no progress.

On the 106, I spent like a month straight just modeling interior all day, so we see if it happens for this too.

246.PNG

Gonna do same treatment here as in the rear, except the sill itself will be more detailed in case I want openable doors. Anyway, I need to model it out to get the proportions right.

254.PNG

Gross simplification and some forms merged together smoothly, but I think with rubber ontop it will be acceptable. Anyway, I don't want to use 20k tris here to get it truly accurate. I did something similar in the rear window, simplifying a lot of the form but making the overall shape more or less right.

255.PNG

It's a bit above my paygrade to model stuff like this accurately, especially without tracing over that one chassis scan.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%