The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

real time reference picture :p
i wish i had that too !!

so i made my own street view instead

first AI attempt ever!
View attachment 471164

they're not super bright, and some say they're just following my line after all so..
View attachment 471163
Looks incredible! Will there be a track skin, adding racing props, spectators etc. or do you wanna keep it vanilla?
The first Shadow coming along somewhat nicely. I might've left the photogrammetry model of the mechanical bits in so it looks like I've made more progress than I actually have. Those side scoops are a pain to get right, though. :whistling:

Hot mama!

EDIT: @Johnr777 any update on Spa? :)

Last edited:
any update on Spa? :)
I was struggling with excessive specular on the Y trees, specially around the tips and that would really show the trees ugly edges... also found everything over exposed under csp 1.73 and the SOL 2.1 alphas. Decided to remove SOL and use the built in weather FX with Kunos conditions... much simpler but I’m more satisfied with the look and don’t have to constantly fight with every alpha....

So I’m calibrating everything to that now

Really stepping up my game on using incorrect driver animations before I have the interior ready to do the correct one. Since people liked the Porsche driver's head sticking through the roof...
fxJ6cR7.jpg

Last edited:
I was struggling with excessive specular on the Y trees, specially around the tips and that would really show the trees ugly edges... also found everything over exposed under csp 1.73 and the SOL 2.1 alphas. Decided to remove SOL and use the built in weather FX with Kunos conditions... much simpler but I’m more satisfied with the look and don’t have to constantly fight with every alpha....

Awesome, can't wait!

Ignore the ugly textures... anyone knows what causes the side that are getting direct sunlight to be darker?

Front:
View attachment 472134

Back:
View attachment 472133
this thread is your friend ;) https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac-modding-questions-thread.129295/

and this one : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-mod-links-ref.141062/
there's some good tutorial on trees by lilski, or at least solid explanation of the normal system, i think here

Decided to remove SOL and use the built in weather FX with Kunos conditions... much simpler but I’m more satisfied with the look and don’t have to constantly fight with every alpha....

That's just how it is with SOL... Spent hours troubleshooting my car config values and track shaders back in the day just to find out it was sol altering diffuse globally. Now Peter just changed how exposure works again so all filters need to be updated.

Personally I've switched to base implementation couple months ago and I have no reason to go back to SOL whatsoever. It's just simpler, faster, more consistent in almost every regard.
Plus you don't have to worry that a single stray update will **** all of your shaders and then once you started adjusting them that update gets reversed....

Last edited:
A bit unrelated, but does anyone have an idea how to fix the graphics glitch with the windows on the Honda Civic Type R TCR FK7? It's part of this mod and as far as I can tell the only car with this issue. Many thanks in advance!

P.S.: The livery in the video is available here ;)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 134 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.3%