The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Mine won't be that accurate unfortunately in this aspect, as the scan isn't fine enough, but hopefully still miles better.
Just as a heads up in case you hadn't thought about this: scale up your scan data in vertical direction by a large factor (say 10-50). It will make certain details visible where you might think things are flat.

1620817272200.png

versus
1620817318293.png

Anyway, it's looking good! :)

I'm working on my first track. I wanted to go racing IRL, but I don't have enough money to go lapping. However, I might do it some day at the local track near me. So I wanted to practice and download a mod of my local track, hoping it existed... but ALAS, Pacific Raceways was very hard to find / not for assetto corsa. So I decided to make it myself.

Here is what I've got so far. I've probably focused a little too much on the surroundings and flora for right now, but I started by following LilSki's tutorial series on youtube so the roads and surroundings are pretty dang accurate. I hand placed all the trees to be the same size and location of the real trees too, but I've been a little lazy so far with getting the right species per spot.

Progress1.jpgProgress2.jpgProgress3.jpgProgress4.jpg

wNGZuph.jpg

Stalled out a bit cause I'm right at the point where, if I want to be able to easily adapt it into a Camaro, I should make a backup of the mesh the way it stands, so it's just working from plain sheetmetal, not deleting and redoing more than necessary (obviously hood/front grille are from scratch, but they have minimally different quarter panels). So instead of just working on whatever will stand out the most, I'm trying to find the little details that have to come before that happens. But I got the Firebird 14" wheels done.

Last edited:
I'm working on my first track. I wanted to go racing IRL, but I don't have enough money to go lapping. However, I might do it some day at the local track near me. So I wanted to practice and download a mod of my local track, hoping it existed... but ALAS, Pacific Raceways was very hard to find / not for assetto corsa. So I decided to make it myself.

Here is what I've got so far. I've probably focused a little too much on the surroundings and flora for right now, but I started by following LilSki's tutorial series on youtube so the roads and surroundings are pretty dang accurate. I hand placed all the trees to be the same size and location of the real trees too, but I've been a little lazy so far with getting the right species per spot.

View attachment 474026View attachment 474027View attachment 474028View attachment 474029
Sim Traxx had a version of PR that was part of their monthly mailshot but it was never quite finished.
Are you using LIDAR data (if it's available)?

Last edited:
is that build after a real location? ...what were they thinking twisting it around that rockface? Wtf :confused::confused: "Too far out and you'll just fly off the side, too far in and you'll bash your (no helmet wearing) head into the stone."

---
7.jpg

there's some mental gymnastics in this so that I'll only have to build everything around one garage door and mirror/multiply it along the full length... also why can't I deactivate writing in italics again...

edit: given I extrapolated most of the metrics of a Tiguan medical car parked right next to the wall on one single photo, I seem to have matched the dimensions relatively well so far:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea