The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It's been a while since I remembered to put a banana for scale in my screenshots. so now you know how big a Firebird is.
BSd6aL3.jpg

What's 50.000 trees ?
terrain_shadow01.png

baking shadows for 15min thermostat 8 (plus a tea spoon of olive oil)
terrain_shadow02.jpg

then sprinkle it above your terrain diffuse
terrain_shadow03.jpg

and voila, best served with more bushes next time + a minor headache
terrain_shadow05.jpg

that's also me, collapsing all my trees into custom made normals to achieve asome kstree_group-looking trees. There's the actual reason it's already dark outside :x

So, work has been insane the last few months and spare time has been pretty limited as a result. I still haven't been able to figure out the interior design for the Fenix, so while I'm mulling over that I've been trying some new things for the track I'm working on; including an overhaul of the rock faces. I had a few nice comments about them last time I posted an update, but I still wasn't happy with them.

What do you all think about this attempt?

Screenshot 2021-05-10 214214.png

This is what the previous attempt looked like:
20200612211404_1.jpg
20200620200246_1.jpg

Not an apples to apples comparison, of course, but I'd like to know your input all the same!

Sparwood :inlove:

The new ones look more interesting with the silhouette and shading for sure...maybe a tad more colour variation on the texture would help too?

Yeah, some more variation is needed. Right now it's a purely procedural item, so I need to work out an effective method of baking it all down into usable geometry and textures. Still lots of experimenting to do, but I think it's heading in a solid direction.

on another note...isn't that drop in the curb sawtooth a little too insane?

You very well could be right. I'll have to have a look at the values and check :)

Elevation and angles look great. :thumbsup:
Makes a big difference over the old conversion we have in the game already.
Thanks.
Yeah it's really off in many places, mostly elevation, which in the old (Race07 rip based) circulating versions is basically just straights of varying incline connecting the corners. Also no real camber/crowning, the track surface had vertices on each tarmac border, but non in the middle. Mine won't be that accurate unfortunately in this aspect, as the scan isn't fine enough, but hopefully still miles better. I posted some screens on the ACM forums, but the pit-straight on the other versions is comically off because whoever made it did not realise that the pits are level, but the track isn't, and made the pits inclined too, but regarding buildings in the wrong direction :roflmao:
5iGFIgt.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 133 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 31.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.5%