The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

lol, loving the Lambo flood. Been driving those way too little

---------------

after doing just cars so far I've been fiddling with a little track modelling too on the side, so far with no real results. But this one may end up somewhere.
Except the A320 model from Blendswap everything there is modelled in Blender and texture in Gimp by me. No RTB, no 1236575 XPacks :roflmao: (I mean I like the idea behind RTB, but please do a cleanup in a real modelling program after you made a track ;))

all the orange stuff is temporary, like the floating blocks to arrange a starting grid with enough space

[QUOTE = "malinenp, post: 3132386, membro: 1043235"]
Ciao!

Ho fatto un sacco di skin per tracciati "tropicali" per tracce europee e nordamericane. Solo per divertimento. Eccone alcune foto (ho fatto molte più tracce di queste, inclusa Nordscleife). Qualcuno pensa che varrebbe la pena condividerli?

Red Bull Ring
View attachment 355711

Brands Hatch
View attachment 355712

Vallelunga
View attachment 355713

terme
View attachment 355714
[/CITAZIONE]

Penso che ci siano sempre molte persone interessate a questo contenuto, sono tra quelli che ti direbbero di andare in giro e mi piacerebbe averli :)

It's always so nerve wracking posting wireframes for you guys :D. Though probably best to get it out of the way. Still in need of substantial optimisation and cleaning up, but getting there.
SOER43S.jpg
I never tought you guys are using so much vertices for a car.

I was away from the all AC things for 2 months, but now I'm back with my little or big fails too. I fixed the suspension problems, but made two others.:D
Here is the preview, I hope you guys will like it.
preview.jpg

It's very dark, but I was in a hurry, so didn't want to set anything in KS editor.

btw does your Ks editor work in black and white only?

Last edited:
Polycount really depends on the car, I think to be efficient it makes more sense to define how closely zoomed in on the model you want to be able to go and have it look smooth.

eg. on the P13C I decided to go with wheels fitting vertical height of my display before faint hints of polycount should be visible (and for ref. it is 265k):
zC6kU9H.jpg

Doing it this way helps consistency - when you add new objects, zoom to the set distance and see how much detail they need. So you don't end up with a 40k poly pitot tube or something. (in the Cortina's case, the green stripe has way too many polies)

Reduced polycount is its own reward though; it's much easier to do most operations (including uv unwrap) on a lower poly mesh.
sLXaZuJ.jpg

Round things - lots. Flat things - almost none

Sooooo, I am getting some quality time with my own pc the coming weeks (thanks Corona), figured I might as well learn Blender. Don't get your hopes up for an update to the TT Circuit Assen just yet, but who knows what the coming weeks will bring.

I've always used LightWave and while it's a great package, it's not suited for track making. FBX export is horrible, spline arrays are 'baked' rather than 'modified', etc. It's a bit too late to remake all barriers and stuff, just so they fit a spline, they're all in place and it's fine like that.

I did get to rework the trees and get them in game (should save me a couple of thousand draw calls, don't ask...), so for now they should be allright.
I'm now working on adding some much needed polygons on the corners. Again, not using any spline so I can't just up the iterations. All manual labour, and that's fine. It might look bad still, but the pitlane already has twice the segments as it had before :p
update_ttassen.png

Once the corners are done, I might try my luck at 3D kerbs. That should make a ton of difference.
And I'll look into the new grassfx settings.

Also, my country has released new height data, so maybe I'll adjust some of it (Ruskenhoek on motorsport layout was always a guess, Junior track the same, as they were created after the latest data at the time). Who knows.

Just wanted to let you guys know :p

Last edited:
hello, can someone explain to me how I can implement the camera in my car mod or activate the function that goes onboard in the showroom when I press the "ENTER" button?

Hi, who of you used blender versions up to 2.79 had the same problem in kseditor?
The problem that you cannot select objects directly from the car 3d with right click on the object but you have to do it in the left window from the scene objects list, while with version 2.8 the click selection works well.
Has anyone solved it somehow?
because I have a lot of material made with 2.79 and even if I load these old fbx or blend files made with 2.8, the problem is not solved.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 119 70.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 20.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 34 20.0%