The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Model is still in progress, textures are non-existent, and most of the dummies are in place. This finally might find its way into AC for the first time, once I finally bother with unwrapping and whatnot.

I am really not looking forward to doing the rear end of this car.
Toyota 7 0311.PNG

Update: Going through the obvious teething issues when a mod first makes its way into AC, but things are looking pretty good, I must say!
Showroom 0312.PNG

Last edited:
Model is still in progress, textures are non-existent, and most of the dummies are in place. This finally might find its way into AC for the first time, once I finally bother with unwrapping and whatnot.

I am really not looking forward to doing the rear end of this car.
View attachment 354914

Update: Going through the obvious teething issues when a mod first makes its way into AC, but things are looking pretty good, I must say! View attachment 354952

Awesome stuff! It's been so cool to watch this beauty taking shape :)

5e6b43aaae601-__custom_showroom_1584024114.jpg

Monster Energy V1.1 update
- 4K version of every car
- New window banner (GT World Challenge Europe - Powered by AWS)
- New car numbers (GT World Challenge Europe - Powered by AWS)
- New Led Strip texture
- New Previews
- Complete new Skin_00 map for matte and reflections- effects
- Driver Suits (matching the color scheme)
- Driver helmets Unique and new helmet designs for each driver
- Team Suits & Monster Energy Details

2do:
- Team logos (ingame)

Up until yesterday I had been using a topographical map from 1954 for my Bremgarten track. The layout seemed okay and it gave me a few height reference points to work with - 10m contour lines with a few spot heights at road junctions:
nCGsHAy.jpg

Yesterday I found a slightly older map from 1941, but the detail is much better. This map has 3m contour lines, plus spot heights, and the representation of the road seems to show much smaller variations in its layout; slight double-apexes where the 1955 map just showed a single curve. It even has noticeable changes in road widths, as well as noting where all the fences, hedges and buildings were. I love the Swiss people!
McYUC2F.jpg

IRybi8Z.jpg

iaIHjKB.jpg

Jxh8qjL.jpg

So, just when I thought I had the layout sorted, I'm almost back to square one and the testing stage :O_o:

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because after so many attempts I really need help ..
I made the wheels for a mod that I am doing (pneumatic, brake caliper, rim and brake disc), but I have the following problem.
The wheels in any way that the amount is exact in kseditor, exact in CM showroom,
but not in game, where instead they are tiny, in fact if in CMshowroom I tick the box
"Align usin data" the wheels become tiny compared to the bodywork.
to simplify things and make quick tests I made a simple shape with a cube, I created the hierarchy
empty for wheels and susp and I inserted the wheels.
The empty scales are 1.0, oriented as the pipeline document says, and have never been resized before and after.
the wheel meshes were created outside the empty, assigned scale 1.0 and then inserted inside empty. (I also tried without assigning scale 1.0 but nothing anyway).
The bodywork mesh (or cube) has a scale of 1.0.
Unit of measurement in meters, and in fbx export I select "selected objects", the button on the 1.0 scale is activated, "appli scalings ALL LOCAL", -Z Forward, Y Up.
I hope with what described to be able to help in giving me advice, I will put 2 photos of CM showroom.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because after so many attempts I really need help ..
I made the wheels for a mod that I am doing (pneumatic, brake caliper, rim and brake disc), but I have the following problem.
The wheels in any way that the amount is exact in kseditor, exact in CM showroom,
but not in game, where instead they are tiny, in fact if in CMshowroom I tick the box
"Align usin data" the wheels become tiny compared to the bodywork.
to simplify things and make quick tests I made a simple shape with a cube, I created the hierarchy
empty for wheels and susp and I inserted the wheels.
The empty scales are 1.0, oriented as the pipeline document says, and have never been resized before and after.
the wheel meshes were created outside the empty, assigned scale 1.0 and then inserted inside empty. (I also tried without assigning scale 1.0 but nothing anyway).
The bodywork mesh (or cube) has a scale of 1.0.
Unit of measurement in meters, and in fbx export I select "selected objects", the button on the 1.0 scale is activated, "appli scalings ALL LOCAL", -Z Forward, Y Up.
I hope with what described to be able to help in giving me advice, I will put 2 photos of CM showroom.
I solved it by changing the scales in the empty, bringing them from 1.0 to 0.01

Wow, so much Diablo talk, might as well show our progress on the GT1 Stradale:

Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_5.png

See more at the dedicated thread
That looks promising, hope to see it in game soon!

Since I've done my model about 3 years ago, age started to show up on certain spots, like the rear tail lights and housing. Improved textures on both the Jota and VT, and did some geometry work around the edges like it can be seen on the Jota screenshot:

__custom_showroom_1584309965.jpg

__custom_showroom_1584309853.jpg

Same treatment will go for all body panels, so it'll make it worth an update along with Jason's physics.

By coincidence I've just sent Jason a small update for the VT's rear lights position/mirror coords under CSP, as cast light was coming out of place like it was in the Viper (Jota is ok).

There is one small detail on these older cars (Viper suffers the same) of yours that you might revise (as there is no need). Emissive for rear lights (~800,0,0) is much higher than for rear brakes (~150,0,0), and because of that the light they'll cast on ground and surrounding car body details under dim conditions seems reversed (faint for brakes, higher for regular rear lights), so it won't change much when you brake over rear lights on, while rear lights look too strong. Setting them also to a bit more orange (so as a more yellowish and fainter reverse) would also look better to mimic 90s lamps.
Sorry if you find these suggestions unwelcome or completely out of place, I've reminded them as they are nice details found on your recent 993s.

Cheers

Last edited:
By coincidence I've just sent Jason a small update for the VT's rear lights position/mirror coords under CSP, as cast light was coming out of place like in the Viper (Jota is ok).

There is one small detail on these older cars (Viper suffers the same) of yours that you might revise (as there is no need). Emissive for rear lights (~800,0,0) is much higher than for rear brakes (~150,0,0), and because of that the light they'll cast on ground and surrounding car body details under dim conditions seems reversed (faint for brakes, higher for regular rear lights), so it won't change much when you brake over rear lights on, while rear lights look too strong. Setting them also to a bit more orange (so as a more yellowish and fainter reverse) would also look better to mimic 90s lamps.
Sorry if you find these suggestions unwelcome or completely out of place, I've reminded them as they are nice details found on your recent 993s.

Cheers
Not at all, all feedback is welcomed, specially when it helps to improve things. I'm taking the 993's as a base for all these refinements so all models will be consistent with each other (plus I do things very differently from 3 years ago, that's part of the constant learning process).
We'll make sure these two (512 and Diablo's) will be up to date once released.

Pretty much the same kind of thing I'm doing on the physics side. Reworking the tires to match the new strategies from the rest of the pack, getting the suspension travel adjusted now that we finally figured out how to do it, just kinda applying the last few years of getting better at this to the old cars. :)

The A pack and Jota are real good on the new physics. Excited to get them brought up to speed.

The best (free) terrain I could find for the area around Bremgarten was 30m SRTM, which is okay for the distant terrain but not exactly ideal for either building a road onto, or for the terrain right next to the road. So when I found the 1941 topographic map with 3m contour lines it seemed logical to not only build the road on that elevation data, but also the surrounding terrain.

I spent last night and this morning digitising the contour lines in 3ds max (c.12,000 mouse clicks! :laugh:) and I think it was the effort :thumbsup:

iEISVqW.jpg

mBCkN7r.jpg

C1XY0jM.jpg

c8Wgcjx.jpg

t6AsBq5.jpg

GTu648Y.jpg

And since the road and the terrain were built on the same elevation data, they match! :inlove:

The best (free) terrain I could find for the area around Bremgarten was 30m SRTM, which is okay for the distant terrain but not exactly ideal for either building a road onto, or for the terrain right next to the road. So when I found the 1941 topographic map with 3m contour lines it seemed logical to not only build the road on that elevation data, but also the surrounding terrain.

I spent last night and this morning digitising the contour lines in 3ds max (c.12,000 mouse clicks! :laugh:) and I think it was the effort :thumbsup:

iEISVqW.jpg

mBCkN7r.jpg

C1XY0jM.jpg

c8Wgcjx.jpg

t6AsBq5.jpg

GTu648Y.jpg

And since the road and the terrain were built on the same elevation data, they match! :inlove:
You're insane. And not saying it as a bad thing :D

I've kept on going through these models to see what could be improved without going insane, so in the end both Diablo's had some cosmetic surgery all around, it started showing it's age compared to my latest releases so it was about time. Not only geometrical work but also new paint finishes.
Small changes to the 512TR S1 as well, also the stock got some minor shader updates.

We'll have to put everything together and it'll make a worth update.

__custom_showroom_1584381657.jpg

__custom_showroom_1584382385.jpg

__custom_showroom_1584382168.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back