The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

hm, the model looks too big maybe 'll scale it
Immagine2.png

Bremgarten :inlove:

Yes indeedy :)

And when I find info like these architect's plans for the timing tower and main grandstand it makes me very excited! There will be no excuses for getting those wrong in my version :whistling:

VDGW29W.jpg

CBaAOB7.jpg

It has some beautiful flowing sections - I am already in love with this circuit :inlove: Theroad layout is done now and the next job is to set up the camber and width changes (and do lots and lots more 'test laps' :laugh:)

hvPWme3.jpg

FGW1vId.jpg

eG3UtOb.jpg

9DTdNPy.jpg

Solid progress on the axle thing
- hubs attached directly to chassis by pivots
- red lines just show where the hubs actually are
- white line is a tie rod connecting the 2 hubs
- yellow line is the only steering link
Now I need to add more physics objects (ie. the solid axle) and springs/dampers so it's actually a beam axle.

Although as it stands it's already a serviceable gokart suspension...
Please please please camber and toe for solid axles if it might be possible?

cpiknlC.jpg

Mixed success with additional features...
- springs: working well
- solid axle with wheels attached on both ends: yes
- tie rod linking from hub to body: makes the game very unhappy (above screenshot has it located hub to axle)

This is never gonna be something affecting builtin cars, at most you'd get something like "Arch's AE86 physics update with solid axle toe-in". None of CSP's physics edits change vanilla physics for any car.

Needs bumpstops, at least one bugfix, dampers, FFB... quite a list.

Thank you formulaHEINE for the input. I would like to know what you think of the new VW logo and the 'R'

5e619f4e692f8-__custom_showroom_1583455973.jpg
Looks better than i expected with the new ones, as i had something for the old R-logo.

Your design is beautiful and definilty in-line with the 'works' liveries. :thumbsup:

Search for 'e1r' and 'id.r' and click on pictures on the following site to get pictures of the latest liveries from the GP Ice Race.

Eliminated one of the major bugs that was making everything vibrate in different directions, so now it can hustle around a track fairly consistently. I'd say we're back down from 99% to 80% crash rate. Fortunately it always crashes in the first 3 seconds of driving, not while hotlapping.

hXKH3jg.jpg

It even has FFB, sort of (actual information is of questionable utility)

The other major bug prevents me inputting accurate geometry so it remains to be seen what that corrects as far as feedback (self-steer atm is nearly nonexistent so it's not too surprising FFB isn't pushing to self-steer)

Last edited:
Eliminated the other major bug I knew about. It still has about 75% failure to launch for unspecified reasons (but now instead of the tires all instantly going to infinity, they fall off, then go to infinity)

Testing its jump capabilities to make sure the hard suspension stops work. In order of timing, main frame 1, middle inset 2, left inset 3. I'd say it jumped a solid 4m straight up, 40m lengthwise, and landing completely flat is the worst case for that.
62DjGx9.jpg

Compared to most cars in AC it's actually pretty good on landings cause the front suspension is so loose that steers itself without the steering wheel moving. On the other hand, not enough brakes to stop before the wall (testpad has only ~100m flat space)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back