The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I realized that a bit late haha. I was a bit on the fence if it was going to be a thread where all my problems would be or my progress would be. Or better to make thread for each problem individually?

For all its hefty weight it is quite compact compared to today's 3 series...

S7ybNUd.jpg

HR FFB road meshes for LA Canyons... Version 2...
LAC_V2_FFB.jpg

Going to give my PC a serious workout... to capture the details I want... I'll be using around 1/3 of a billion polys... Then optimising back to a slightly more sensible 2 - 3 million polys for 115km's of highways.

What's the saying... Go big... or Go home! :D

Note: The above Max screen is with the displacement setting of 2m's while I adjust the settings to get the rhythm / frequency and blur I want.

Working on physics for my concept car. Huge thanks to the countless people who helped me get a working model in game! Now if only there were some good tutorials or something on how to do some of the areas of physics, some pointers even just to know what are real values and what are "unrealistic"...I feel tweaking values without knowing exactly how it can impact other aspects of the sim isn't the way it's done!

WIP thread if you'd like to comment there: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/basics-of-getting-your-mod-car-in-game.158568/#post-2816135

Last edited:
So since I've finished my 2007 F1 skin pack I thought I'd start yet another one.
#20.jpg

I also plan on doing a 1997 skin pack for the FW19 and F310B from the VRC Team.

With my previous packs I felt like the helmets weren't the same quality as the rest of the pack, just due to me not having much experience with helmets.

So I'd like to ask anyone willing to make helmets for the skin packs I have planned (2005 and 1997) that would look better than the ones I've done for the 2007 and 1991 packs.
Not asking for someone to make them all in a day, or commit to making every single helmet. If just want to make one or two it'd be a massive help.
If you feel like you can help with this please pm me, everyone involved will be credited for their work.

Attachments

• #21.jpg
    #21.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 171
At long last all 13 au2parts skins are done. Now i just need to do the read me and download text stuff and upload, but that will be after some sleep.

au2parts 1.gif

au2parts 2.gif

au2parts 3.gif

I had an issue with the resizing of the dds'ses. I have used XnView and the result works as you can see above.
But!
Every single thumbnail embedded in a file resized with XnView has been ruined.
2018-08-31 03_17_45-D__au2parts van_tex opt test_1024x512.jpg

The AE 85 510 is as they should look like. I have not been able to find a way to rebuild the thumbnails, but if i do that will be a future update. It diminishes my sense of accomplishment that it looks so rubbish.

Ohh well, they work so it will have to do for now.

Happy modding

Today progress.
I am still doing the general shape of the car without being looking for perfect accuracy.
Once this is made i will do what Stingray Six Two told me, using perspective from images to get the shape right.
The e31 is an awesome source of inspiration for me. You are doing a great job here on a youngtimer, using same software as me.
rendu5.png

I began a side project for the new Formula RSS2 V6 car by RaceSimStudio.

The project is to as accurately as possible recreate the 2018 Formula 1 grid on the 2018 Formula 2 car. Each team will have their primary drivers and their test driver(s).

As shown below, I am beginning with the McLaren MCL33, which is in a clear WIP stage as I familiarize myself with the car's profile and how to best accommodate the sponsor logos.
McLaren RSS Formula 2 Progress 4.jpg McLaren RSS Formula 2 Progress 2.jpg McLaren RSS Formula 2 Progress 3.jpg McLaren RSS Formula 2 Progress 5.jpg

Another pair of liveries for an upcoming season. Red Bull Ginetta based on the 2018 Red Bull Holden Racing Team in the Australian Supercars Series, and a Ryzen livery based on imagination!

Very early stuff, but can't wait to finish em!

PGDE5I4.jpg

0oHopF3.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.1%