The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

At the moment, i am only using 4 blueprints but when the global shape will be done, i will then switch to picture matching.
Geometry is not great but everyday i correct some things so it will not stay as it is.
It is the dark side of the model.
c1.PNG
c2.PNG
c3.PNG

One of the missing pieces...

Ksn7EKJ.png

Yes, that's obviously a rear view mirror! :D

Maybe more recognizable this way:

km2IohF.png

I had some sort of mental blockade when I tried to model it a while back because I didn't start from a cube then.

Looks fitting me thinks, of course now I need the CSi/B12 5.7 M mirror which is so nicely sculpted!

6t5GMEq.png

Without subsurf it's a nice, smooth, low poly object:

BPBVmaf.png

Still need to do the assembly on the door side. Mirror glass is a separate object as it will be quite close to driver's eye...

AC does
needs to play with material settings (fresnel all that) and use _map color to be matte/paint/chrome etc.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...your-knowledge-here.19704/page-11#post-929727

If this is your ford gt and you have access to 3d and export and all kseditor process you can tweak material, otherwise... CM maybe, but it means editing the kn5 most likely
CM should be able to it is this case, but it would require redoing all the map textures for the other skins

If you use the replacement ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt that comes with the Monaco you can add that via maps without touching the kn5, basically you just add an alpha channel to the maps texture at anything other than white (like, 250 if you want near-original specular behavior, 128 for diffuse-coloured specular which is almost always fine) and it changes the range of the blue channel from 'no reflections to normal fresnel' into 'no reflections to normal fresnel to full chrome'

Also can do coloured chrome, just do 0 in maps alpha and 256 in maps blue and pick the diffuse colour you want the chrome to be. Due to how the fresnel works the actual diffuse of the material turns black on its own as reflectivity goes up.

Last edited:
Decided to give a little love to the Lotus 49 this weekend. WiPs follow. What started as an experiment with the 49's tire texture...

lotus_49_tires_3-9.jpg

...progressed to "a" livery, which then turned into a few more...

lotus_49_liveries_3-9.jpg

Then to having a go at some other fixes and texture tweaks most people would never notice (because I suffer from being "detail oriented" and they annoyed me)...

lotus_49_heads_3-9.jpg

...and finally a few coordinated driver helmets. Seppi's was about a bitch and a half. Word.

lotus_49_helmets_3-9.jpg

Last edited:
I've been making slow progress of the 1997 skinpack, hopefully the template doesn't get changed too much in future versions. Here's all the cars so far, only Stewart, Tyrrell, Minardi and MasterCard Lola left to do. Then helmets/suits and crew suits.

au474i4n55m8n8jzg.jpg

Enjoy the work in progress tease ;)

If you use the replacement ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt that comes with the Monaco you can add that via maps without touching the kn5, basically you just add an alpha channel to the maps texture at anything other than white (like, 250 if you want near-original specular behavior, 128 for diffuse-coloured specular which is almost always fine) and it changes the range of the blue channel from 'no reflections to normal fresnel' into 'no reflections to normal fresnel to full chrome'

Also can do coloured chrome, just do 0 in maps alpha and 256 in maps blue and pick the diffuse colour you want the chrome to be. Due to how the fresnel works the actual diffuse of the material turns black on its own as reflectivity goes up.
can you show me the example of the ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt skin map of that can achieve colored chrome (with no messing values needed)? the URD Detroit use that shader.

i saw a post yesterday about how to achieve chrome for ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/chrome-effect-avaliable-on-ac.146622/#post-2676978 but when i compared the shader value of both they're very different so it's impossible to achieve unless i match the value.

this is the shader values (untouched) comes from URD Detroit :
Untitled.jpg

i don't want to mess with the values which means i need to touch the KN5 that cause the car unable to be used online, messing another skins & the modded KN5 is not allowed to be uploaded here.

can you show me the example of the ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt skin map of that can achieve colored chrome (with no messing values needed)? the URD Detroit use that shader.
Once you have the alternate ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt installed, it would be
diffuse: #rgb of the color of chrome, alpha whatever's convenient for the skin (depending if it has detail there or elsewhere)
maps: #ffffff, alpha 0 (transparent white) where colored chrome is. #ffff80, alpha 250 (opaque yellow) where stickers are

That car does have unusually low ksFresnelMax of 0.3 though so it won't be all that reflective. Normal kunos range is 0.5-0.7.

Once you have the alternate ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt installed, it would be
diffuse: #rgb of the color of chrome, alpha whatever's convenient for the skin (depending if it has detail there or elsewhere)
maps: #ffffff, alpha 0 (transparent white) where colored chrome is. #ffff80, alpha 250 (opaque yellow) where stickers are

That car does have unusually low ksFresnelMax of 0.3 though so it won't be all that reflective. Normal kunos range is 0.5-0.7.
how about metal_detail? should be at the same color as diffuse colour wanted to be chrome?

I'd set metal_detail to whichever part of the skin needs it (metallic flake or carbon fibre normally) you can leave it alone if the diffuse alpha is all opaque. For metallic flake you pretty much have to play with the colour of it until it looks right, it's hard to anticipate. Usually somewhere around 50% grey is an ok starting point cause that darkens up the base while leaving specular alone.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.