The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

F1 1997 skinpack is up. No helmets or suits for the drivers or crew yet but will be included once the car is fully released.
qakhgq1qhqa46wgzg.jpg

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-1997-skinpack-vrc-f310b.23146/

@chili pepper
Perfect brake cooling ;)

Yeah, but they do look cool. I was like an 8 year old around that particular machine for some reason. It might not have been the fastest or the prettiest at the track that day but...because race car...

DSC04136B.JPG

View attachment 268382
searching and maybe fixing issues

What I imagine post-apocalyptic motor racing might look like, assuming there would be such an event and humans would survive to race once again...

What I imagine post-apocalyptic motor racing might look like, assuming there would be such an event and humans would survive to race once again...
:roflmao: thas was just "vertex AO mode" of Shader mod, it replaces every texture in a txDiffuse slot with the same grey so that you can see what the vertex stuff is doing.. really impressive

I also did something else recently (out of frustration :cautious:), pulled out some very old WIP and tried my hand on subdivision modelling
1.jpg

some old folks may recognoice the overall idea of this car
2.jpg

(also showing that even just 20k of tris look good if you set up the shaders right...)

Yeah, but they do look cool. I was like an 8 year old around that particular machine for some reason. It might not have been the fastest or the prettiest at the track that day but...because race car...

DSC04136B.JPG

that's one sexy ass lotus though
looking strong with these rims
i love the exhaust :D
Did you take these pictures? Do you have more?

:roflmao: thas was just "vertex AO mode" of Shader mod, it replaces every texture in a txDiffuse slot with the same grey so that you can see what the vertex stuff is doing.. really impressive

I also did something else recently (out of frustration :cautious:), pulled out some very old WIP and tried my hand on subdivision modelling
View attachment 268426
some old folks may recognoice the overall idea of this car
View attachment 268427
(also showing that even just 20k of tris look good if you set up the shaders right...)
I am going to make a really wild guess and say it is the special car from nfs3. El nino! I started trying to make an "el nino" style car at one point too but very quickly it morphed into totally something else. I don't think it was even front engined anymore..

I am going to make a really wild guess and say it is the special car from nfs3. El nino! I started trying to make an "el nino" style car at one point too but very quickly it morphed into totally something else. I don't think it was even front engined anymore..
:D that did not take long. Yes thats the inspiration. There is a Catia made chassis underneath and the engine is a (hypothetical) V12 made out of BMW K1600 R6s plus a supercharger.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.