The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

For font ideeing I lean towards Font Squirrel.
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/matcherator
What I really like about it is that you can hit Manually Adjust and check the Only Free Fonts option.

Then all of the results should be free for commercial and noncommercial use. An extremely good thing for our use.

I could not find an option like that with whatthefont.

To keep this more on topic, my logos and texts are coming along.
The company logo
au2parts logo.png

The same with attached departments
a2p afdelinger.png

And some text
Alt i auto.png

Happy modding

I have come up with some race numbers for the generic au2parts Transit, but I am undecided about the colors.
Here are a couple of the realworld vans
IMG_6697.jpg
IMG_6698.jpg

They will replace the Glostrup Tlf. 88 77 15 00 part.

And here are my racenumbers
Race numbers.png

Any opinions?
At the moment I am slipping toward the bottom one.

Happy modding

Is there still a Barber Motorsports Park in the works for AC? Can't seem to find much on it but thought I recall there being one in development.

Had the opportunity for some ride-along laps (in instructor's tweaked E92 M3) as well as some driving laps with tuition there this week...what a fantastic circuit. The course is challenging and well maintained. The place is immaculate and it's not just the track, the grounds of the entire complex are held to a high standard. And then there's the museum...

barber.jpg
@Rigel is doing it :)

I have come up with some race numbers for the generic au2parts Transit, but I am undecided about the colors.
View attachment 262907 View attachment 262908

View attachment 262909

Any opinions?

Happy modding
Looks good! I just wouldn’t use those tiny contrasting outlines like no. 2 and 3

View attachment 262907 View attachment 262908

View attachment 262909

Any opinions?

Happy modding
looking good !
bottom one look a little like a speed limitation sign :p

I am going to show these 4 temporary versions to the top au2parts Director at their stall at CHGP today.
Showroom_ford_transit_4-7-2018-2-55-43.jpg
Showroom_ford_transit_4-7-2018-2-57-6.jpg
Showroom_ford_transit_4-7-2018-2-56-38.jpg
Showroom_ford_transit_4-7-2018-2-57-32.jpg

There are still some details and minor issues to work on. The 2 nonracing versions will get proper licence plates with normal maps + weight classification and CVR markings.
Not to mention parking discs
Parkeringsskive 1.png

Happy modding

2D skin fun while watching GT Masters ;)

BF4_Spa2018WIP.jpg

Colors are temporary, wanted to get the alignment of those darn stripes right first. Coming together now, time to tinker with colors and the reflection map before applying the remaining decals and stuff.

Thanks to @Isaac Chavira for the plates! One less thing to worry about.

By the way, if anyone else does skins for Spa 24h, I´ve found a free font for the numbers.

Ok, some more work done, started the reflecion map and recreated the 320changesdirection logo, even if the font isn´t perfect yet.

__custom_showroom_1533394300.jpg

Last edited:
Hey it's time for... the TIP OF THE DAY
upload_2018-8-5_19-55-7.png

(this is the colorful picture meant to attract your eyes)

How to improve your package size with 7zip (which is free and advert-free)
try settings below :

upload_2018-8-5_19-52-39.png

Example with LACanyon mod between test (screen above) and basic zip file
upload_2018-8-5_19-53-50.png

*.rar format stands in between.

Takes a little longer to create the archive, but i think it can be worth it :p

Thank you for your attention.
PS; this is not a sponsored message, just finding workaround due to slow internet connection...

Last edited:
Hey it's time for... the TIP OF THE DAY
View attachment 263281
(this is the colorful picture meant to attract your eyes)

How to improve your package size with 7zip (which is free and advert-free)
try settings below :

View attachment 263279

Example with LACanyon mod between test (screen above) and basic zip file
View attachment 263280
*.rar format stands in between.

Takes a little longer to create the archive, but i think it can be worth it :p

Thank you for your attention.
PS; this is not a sponsored message, just finding workaround due to slow internet connection...
Great advice, but then you'll have people rating it 1 star cause they can't extract it with winrar :/

Great advice, but then you'll have people rating it 1 star cause they can't extract it with winrar :/
it's what i thought too at the beginning, but then i did most of the caterhams in 7z.
And something miraculous in the world of modding happened... Nobody complained!
At least not about the 7z part...

Super looking forward to this :)

You made me do it. :D 3am now here, work as usual tomorrow, but I sure had some fun with it.

Contains custom tyres (with 24h of Spa logo ;) ), rims, calipers, 2k carbon mapping with higher fiber density all around, in total 11 texture files. Might be my personal high score so far ;)

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_spa_6-8-118-2-9-47.jpg

Sadly there are some issues as usual with skinning. The car itself had some updates over the years (cutouts at the exhaust, the front light housing changed somehow, spoiler mount is different...), the fog lights are closed (only had that problem the other way around with the 911 till now), the ripoff windshield cover edge is not paintable, etc.
Also I couldn´t manage to get the color of the first stripe (that lilac color) to show during direct sunlight. Might tinker a bit more, but I allready tried a lot of things with the reflection map and so on.

Also it felt really bad first going down to 4k (made all body textures in 8k while WIP) and finally adding DXT5 compression. But the original 8k skin file was like 300 Mb...

Hope you guys enjoy, seeing some screens of the car would be a nice reward. If anybody finds any room for improvement, feel free to say it.

it's what i thought too at the beginning, but then i did most of the caterhams in 7z.
And something miraculous in the world of modding happened... Nobody complained!
At least not about the 7z part...
I unpacked your Caterhams with winRAR... already sharpening my pitchfork for the day when I can't! :cautious:

Trying to get my model working correctly in the editor...to keep it simple just working with the wheels for now but I got the following issues:

XwuLpyw.png

That's a bit far out isn't it? I got the hierarchy and naming set, scale in Blender set to 1, metric and all values are correct in Blender. Using standard export and the little button next to Scale=1 is deselected...

oUMSo8B.png

Also when moving the cam around a bit the screen eventually turns black. Do all objects require textures assigned? Can I just use any material from Blender? I do have some using the Cycles engine - I guess that doesn't work well with the editor?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back