The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The au2parts Transit skins project has grown.
From 4 or 5 to at least 12 versions.

I have green lights for sharing the skins here and have been allowed to use the names of some of my former colleagues on the racing versions as drivers. I am very grateful for that.

I have been working on licence plates in Inkscape for 7 of them. The vector work is complete, now I need to do some bevel and emboss in photoshop and create normal maps.

The grayish area between the blue and yellow represent holographic copy protection strips.
Licence plates.png

I have recreated all of the letters and numbers used on the current Danish licence plates normally used on motorcycles, cars, vans and trucks.

I have yet to drive the Transit, as I have decided, that I will finish at least one of the skins first.

Happy modding

Brother's unite...incredibly these cars were on sale at the same time.

eDaMlhx.jpg

It was a bit of work getting the model scale and rotation right plus a myriad of other issues. Thanks to @garyjpaterson @mclarenf1papa @AccAkut @LilSki and whoever I probably forgot who endured my question assault today. You guys are what makes this community!

4ICL5Ne.jpg

TXLMRxh.jpg

QIIDCIi.jpg

Onto the million other things I got to do now :)

xDTum8P.jpg

ALPINA, Baby.

PS: The dimensions are set correctly now at length 4780mm width 1855mm and height 1330mm

Last edited:
Align using data...wheelbase is off by 5cm but all else is rotating, turning, aligning the way it should:

tHXvndG.png

My subsurf had to be taken out because the main body blew the vert limit of the editor so lots of modeling to do...

BIyIAzC.png

EVItyXB.png

My first transparency shader in KS Editor...yes I need to model the insides of the pop up headlights :)

JT7ijDI.png

Oh and for the modellers out there using Blender, this only started working with correct orientation and scale after I set scale in Blender to metric/meters and exported with scaling FBXALL set to .001 and -Z forward. Guess Blender has changed the FBX exporter settings somewhere down the road.

Last edited:
Well, I for one am sad to see that TWO's Circuit Mont Tremblant mod wip has been deleted. Was hoping it would be completed eventually. Suppose it happens. Does anyone know if the project has been ended?

Well, I for one am sad to see that TWO's Circuit Mont Tremblant mod wip has been deleted. Was hoping it would be completed eventually. Suppose it happens. Does anyone know if the project has been ended?
Yeah, abandoning a project is understandable - people's priorities change, they lose interest, whatever - but why delete it?

Hello you all, I just want to say that from next year on, once I will learn 3D modeling and modding cars, I'm planning to make something ambitious and unique which no one ever thought about (maybe): recreate all of the Gr.4/3/B cars (excluding the Vision GT ones tho) from Gran Turismo SPORT with their proper interiors and templates too so that we can all make our own liveries just like in that game.

Now I already covered this in two threads I made, one that I created about my modding projects and the other on the Mod/App Requests thread, honestly I will only take part on modeling the exterior of all the cars and skinning them + making their templates, while all of you modders here can either take part in interior modeling or physics creation for all the cars, since I honestly don't think I have the skills to do either of these things. lol

(I may probably need tons of pictures from some of you of a Gr.4/3/B you happen to own in GTS from tons of angles and possibly the interior too, but I don't know if that news about taking pictures of interiors was actually true or not...)

Now that the car is set up in the editor and driveable modeling can continue. First up the lights beginning with the light strip. Was fortunate enough to find some spare parts pictures to get the signal and reflector bit right...

From this:

va3vvss.png

To this:

5gKlXYi.png

To this:

C3yWkux.png

Un2vD6j.png

zyF2hkR.png

YvzdLOZ.png

On to the pop ups and rear lights. These headlight units have 6 materials (headlight glas, blinker glas, chrome, black plastic, bulbs and reflector unit).

Yeah, abandoning a project is understandable - people's priorities change, they lose interest, whatever - but why delete it?

I've never known the answer to this question.

Anyways. I'm working on my driving skills, but I just uploaded the most unfinished track, check it out if you have the time to get lost in a track. lol

Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_BB_Mt_V0.099_19-8-118-18-59-57.jpg

You read that correctly...409 MPH in a 787b...a weird little feature of my track ;)

Great work you did here. Great motivation for those like me who are way less talented than you in 3d modelling.

Appreciate the love man. Wouldn't call myself talented just yet, I been learning by doing mostly and benefited from this great community and all the Pros willing to share and guide along the way.

Believe me you can do whatever you want, won't be easy, won't be quick and the payoff is a long way out but you can do it.

Just start somewhere and keep going, this car is not finished by any means but recognizable and in game now and I started with this photo matching:

9J0M9qb.png

And then here...

LI8ie28.png

To here:

eQ3ivw3.png

To here...

RWaTix7.jpg

The photo matching technique really helped my motivation in the beginning!

I heard about photo matching thanks to you on this subject so i tried it without sucess. Then i discovered a great addon BLAM but now i can not find good shots of a 190 to use :(. I plan on forgetting this one in order to model a car we own but i like the 190 :( . It will do 3 years i work with blender and now i am into the car modelling, it seems i have everything to discover.

Edit : in order to avoid double post, i edit this one.

I got bored by the problems i had with the 190 so i tried blueprints of several cars .
Then i found one which works well for the moment, i am extremely happy.
I let you guess what model it is.
Hint : It is a Mercedes and it is related to the 190.

Attachments

• rendu1.png
    rendu1.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
That Alpina is one of my favourites. Are you going to put the big 5.0 in it? ;) Stunner

Well yes but also the 5.7 based on the S70B56 so not the regular 5.7L 387hp V12 found in the E38 B12 5.7 but the 416hp variant found in the E31 B12 5.7 Coupé based on the 850CSi will also be thrown in :).

So there’ll be four cars initially:

- BMW 850i 1989 6 speed 299hp
- BMW 840Ci 1994 6 speed 286hp
- ALPINA B12 5.0 1993 auto 349hp
- ALPINA B12 5.7 Shift-Tronic 1996 + B12 5.7 1992 6 speed (as upgrade) 416hp

Well yes but also the 5.7 based on the S70B56 so not the regular 5.7L 387hp V12 found in the E38 B12 5.7 but the 416hp variant found in the E31 B12 5.7 Coupé based on the 850CSi will also be thrown in :).

So there’ll be four cars initially:

- BMW 850i 1989 6 speed 299hp
- BMW 840Ci 1994 6 speed 286hp
- ALPINA B12 5.0 1993 auto 349hp
- ALPINA B12 5.7 Shift-Tronic 1996 + B12 5.7 1992 6 speed (as upgrade) 416hp
I do not know if you know www.e31.net

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back