The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Well, as it happens I have 8gb of memory. I do sometimes get some cuda errors as well. Did blender become any faster with more memory?
Doesn't get faster per say but can handle much more overall. With tracks you load lots of textures and data especially if you have lidar loaded in scene. You need the memory to deal with that data. It's not unheard of for blender to take 6 or 7 gb of memory when working. With only 8gb that's not a lot of head room.

Last edited:
My Blender only gets iffy when I'm using plugins or some of the modifiers, for basic "large scene" stuff it's not a problem but having a few decimated meshes visible really quickly slows it down. (eg. making road noise from high res square grid that first shrinkwraps onto the known data, then decimated to 10-20% as many faces). Better to keep the originals of those in a separate layer and collapse all the modifiers on the version you're actually using (for export + shrinkwrapping visible mesh onto). Or you could even have them in a separate .blend file and only link the collapsed versions.

almost there
Untitled.jpg

does anyone here have "poweredbyblackbull.com" text decal/logo?

well, not that. i have vector of this logo.

i'm currently (still) searching for this. no luck so far.
can't even find a super large pic/photos with good angle of the text to use :/
View attachment 262459

if only i can find it, i can release this and start making the #77
View attachment 262462

View attachment 262461

View attachment 262460
aaaaah
yeah so no.
i tried "font finder" thing but it couldn't match anything...
few cowboy fonts on dafont could make the trick... but they ain't the same!

aaaaah
yeah so no.
i tried "font finder" thing but it couldn't match anything...
few cowboy fonts on dafont could make the trick... but they ain't the same!
if only there's someone who still have the photographs of Ecurie Ecosse Z4 it would be helpful.

best thing i have only found is the image below. but it'll be super pixelated if i put it on the skin
EE-Header.jpg

if only there's someone who still have the photographs of Ecurie Ecosse Z4 it would be helpful.

best thing i have only found is the image below. but it'll be super pixelated if i put it on the skin
View attachment 262467

found the font
only needs to manually add the little bits in each letters :p
upload_2018-7-30_22-17-24.png

it's called News706 (bold)
just need to find a "free" version of it as well cause it's not free font...
that's as good as it gets!

might as well send them an email ;)

found the font
only needs to manually add the little bits in each letters :p
View attachment 262468

it's called News706 (bold)
just need to find a "free" version of it as well cause it's not free font...
that's as good as it gets!

might as well send them an email ;)
you both have given me an idea.. use the BC pro font preview and modify it to match the look :rolleyes:

thanks a lot!

Gary have pulled me back into the active AC mod fold.

I am currently working on 4 skins for a certain Transit. 3 that i hope to present in the company area at Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix in the coming weekend. I have been a part of the company and out of respect I will ask them for permission to share them.
The last is a fictional army version.

I am learning to use Inkscape to recreate the logos as vectors. I have tried to use the trace bitmap function, but am not satisfied with the result.
Instead i have used different shapes to create the first set of letters and are now using copies of those to reshape into the other letters.

The best about vectors is that they can be resized up or down without any loss of quality.
a2p inkscape 1.jpg

a2p inkscape 2.jpg

Gary have pulled me back into the active AC mod fold.

I am currently working on 4 skins for a certain Transit. 3 that i hope to present in the company area at Copenhagen Historic GrandPrix in the coming weekend. I have been a part of the company and out of respect I will ask them for permission to share them.
The last is a fictional army version.

I am learning to use Inkscape to recreate the logos as vectors. I have tried to use the trace bitmap function, but am not satisfied with the result.
Instead i have used different shapes to create the first set of letters and are now using copies of those to reshape into the other letters.

The best about vectors is that they can be resized up or down without any loss of quality.
View attachment 262575

View attachment 262576
Welcome to the world of vectors! :thumbsup: :D
vectorworld.jpg

For text it's often very useful to get the actual (or similar) font and convert it into a shape object in PS. ;)

Anybody doing this one?

__custom_showroom_1533070207.jpg

Just started sketching some things up, haven´t done this in a while, but I was there and loved the livery. If someone is allready seriously on it, please continue, otherwise I´ll work on it, but it´ll take some time.

(Black Falcon #4, Total 24h Spa 2018 btw.)

Anybody doing this one?

View attachment 262702

Just started sketching some things up, haven´t done this in a while, but I was there and loved the livery. If someone is allready seriously on it, please continue, otherwise I´ll work on it, but it´ll take some time.

(Black Falcon #4, Total 24h Spa 2018 btw.)

I sure hope someone's working on it, it's currently a skin I really want. It was one of the most interesting cars when I watched the 24h hours of Spa.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.