The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Not really sure what I’m doing with it yet. I don’t think it’ll be free if released to the general public though. Considering the features, it’d be nowhere near as expensive as professional tools though. I’d also want to figure out a way that it couldn’t be redistributed easily.

Please please release it free or pay version. :redface:

I see you wrote in java, hmm maybe look into some time of key to unlock like content manager uses with unlock key that is sent by email.

If you ask ilja he could probably help you in right direction.

Also you can't tease us like this :p

,considering kunos suspension look like crap compared to yours (and not even showing correct calculations)

Please please release it free or pay version. :redface:

I see you wrote in java, hmm maybe look into some time of key to unlock like content manager uses with unlock key that is sent by email.

If you ask ilja he could probably help you in right direction.

Also you can't tease us like this :p

,considering kunos suspension look like crap compared to yours (and not even showing correct calculations)
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Anyway, still have some things to add.

y2okRTV.png

Caved and used my first external library (xchart).

Primary reason I decided to learn blender. 1000x more stable than 3ds of any year.

Can't speak for Blender but I've been using 3DS since the days of DOS and that was likely the last time a stable version existed. I still use 3DS but for production 3D work I moved to using Cinema 4D. Pretty good bang for the buck, at least it used to be.

3dsmax is pretty much a joke the way it's done. They have been incrementing old code meaning old bug present since 10 years ago... each version is heavier than the previous. They are releasing a new one every year, and every year it needs service packs to make it less worse, but it also introduces new bugs... ending up in service pack #6 and so on. :rolleyes:
Version 2018 sometimes doesn't know which objects you are trying to select, the one in front of you, or perhaps the one at the very bottom you didn't even know was there.

We have the license at the office (we pay for this!!), so i can send error reports few times a day :cool: i feel i'm trying to make the world a better place each time...

Sadly we are using plugins that are not available on other softwares...

3dsmax is pretty much a joke the way it's done. They have been incrementing old code meaning old bug present since 10 years ago... each version is heavier than the previous. They are releasing a new one every year, and every year it needs service packs to make it less worse, but it also introduces new bugs... ending up in service pack #6 and so on. :rolleyes:
Version 2018 sometimes doesn't know which objects you are trying to select, the one in front of you, or perhaps the one at the very bottom you didn't even know was there.

We have the license at the office (we pay for this!!), so i can send error reports few times a day :cool: i feel i'm trying to make the world a better place each time...

Sadly we are using plugins that are not available on other softwares...

Autodesk is famous for layering crap on top of old crap, as an AutoCAD jockey I suffered the same. I hear you on the plugins.

You ever get the feeling you're just a paying beta tester?

To be fair I found blender for car modelling is pretty much impossible to crash. But for track modelling it does crash at least couple times per session.
Not for me and I've done 4 tracks. Only had issues when I only had 8gb of memory. And that's not really blenders fault. Now with 32gb not one crash during Watkins development.

Not for me and I've done 4 tracks. Only had issues when I only had 8gb of memory. And that's not really blenders fault. Now with 32gb not one crash during Watkins development.
Well, as it happens I have 8gb of memory. I do sometimes get some cuda errors as well. Did blender become any faster with more memory?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%