RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bart Matyja i see you scored a laptime on leaderboards with amateur difficulty, keep in mind that there's no assists except clutch on rd servers- just a reminder :p

If you want you can add me on steam, we can practice together or something

I'll probably be in one of the "easier" cars to drive too, so don't worry mate. Either the Capri or BMW will likely be my ride, neither of which has the legs of the beasts they're talking about. ^^ We can fight at the back together. ;)
I do not know about the BMW but the Capri can give as much as it gets in comparison to the Porsche. I drove that to victory at Sonoma against Bock's Fabcar. Yes, strategy did come into play but while he would reel me in on the straights I would get it back in the twisties.
If he had changed tires it would have been close but I do not think it would have been easier for him to win.

The Capri is much easier to handle than the Fabcar and if you can keep it in the powerband it may get passed at the end of the straights but it will outbrake the Fabcar and turn tighter.

At zero wing I was getting into the high 170's low 180's in the Capri. Not as fast as the Fabcar but fast enough to use the better control when needed.

I do not know about the BMW but the Capri can give as much as it gets in comparison to the Porsche. I drove that to victory at Sonoma against Bock's Fabcar. Yes, strategy did come into play but while he would reel me in on the straights I would get it back in the twisties.
If he had changed tires it would have been close but I do not think it would have been easier for him to win.

The Capri is much easier to handle than the Fabcar and if you can keep it in the powerband it may get passed at the end of the straights but it will outbrake the Fabcar and turn tighter.

At zero wing I was getting into the high 170's low 180's in the Capri. Not as fast as the Fabcar but fast enough to use the better control when needed.
The big problem with the Fabcar is the starts. It bogs really bad. Not a problem in longer races when there are plenty of passing opportunities. Sonoma was tough because of traffic, and like Greg was saying, tires. Fabcar chews up tires. My strategy with Fabcar is to try and put a gap between the competition, and hope I can hold on while the tires go away. Anyone that’s raced me when I’m running the 935 will attest to my dropping lap times after 12-20 mins. I might even pit for tires in this race. We shall play it by ear.

If you can last the 20 then you should be ok, since this event is 2x20 mins. :thumbsup: 12 wouldn't be quite so good of course.
Yea 20 mins in that car is very tough. That’s why there is really no magic bullet car in this class. LB times should not be the judge as far as race day goes. @2112 knows all about that

@Bart Matyja i see you scored a laptime on leaderboards with amateur difficulty, keep in mind that there's no assists except clutch on rd servers- just a reminder :p

If you want you can add me on steam, we can practice together or something
I know. I usually drive on realistic difficulty on my own. I didn't actually realise that was set to easy on leaderboard :p. I did a similar time in practice so thought it would feel nice to be on top. Lol
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it some time. I'm patiently waiting for the driving academy to resume.

Had a new warning from Crew Chief - "Detecting rear wheel spin in Turn One." Did a 720 spin, started down the straight and chirped the rears at 120 KPH! :thumbsup:
@sc4dr I am using your Sonoma Monza setup, helped a lot. Driving with 0 wing the car wants to swap ends under braking.
Wish cars were modable - I'd chop a hole in the floor pan and brake Fred Flintstone style. ;)

If not too late, I'd like to join you today.
You can join an event as long as you can join the server (in this case, end of quali :p), still over 5h left
WelcomeBob.jpg

Sorry, but my water heater just went out and the wife wants me to put in one of the new energy efficient tankless types so the rest of my weekend has now been spoken for. Hope you guys have fun, I know I won't:p.

After a loooong time I have finally time to race again and at the beginning of the first race like 5 seconds to start, I suddenly find myself in a multiplayer selection menu :(

Wish you all great racing. See you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back