Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please help, using CSP 1.30 and would like to keep the GrassFX, CSP P205 fixes the problem but doesn't have the GrassFX
Got help on the CS discord, only fix is down grading, but a fix is being worked on.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 21.34.03.56.png
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 21.34.03.56.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_ks_bmw_m4_osth_circuit_17-11-119-21-14-18.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_bmw_m4_osth_circuit_17-11-119-21-14-18.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
please use this, its from PeterBoese on Sol discord, I hope he is fine with me posting this here:

Sol 1.4 Alpha 18
I recommend to use at least Custom Shaders Patch ...preview205 or later!
Please reset to defaults on last page of sol_config app!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fy0mo1kuxqhv44z/Sol_1.4_alpha_18.7z OR
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nyf27tufl6xflk/Sol 1.4 alpha 18.7z?dl=0

changelog (only from Sol 1.4 Alpha 17, not from 1.3.1 and up, there were several alphas inbetween):
- core: lowered sky brightness a little bit
- core: fixed fog illumination in twilight
- stellar: lowered moon light area illumination a little bit
- stellar: fixed a bug with inverted moonlight and high night pollution density
- clouds: adapted clouds lit to the changed sun light curve
- filter: better function to control the CSP lights in dependency to ambient and sun light
- filter: better adaptive brightness from sunset to twilight
- night light pollution: fixed fog illumination
- night light pollution: less enlightment of clouds with raising density
- night light pollution: new default values in sol config
- custom configs: "__Sol_Extra", lowered gamma, better exposure settings

Last edited:
please use this, its from PeterBoese on Sol discord, I hope he is fine with me posting this here:

Sol 1.4 Alpha 18
I recommend to use at least Custom Shaders Patch ...preview205 or later!
Please reset to defaults on last page of sol_config app!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fy0mo1kuxqhv44z/Sol_1.4_alpha_18.7z
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nyf27tufl6xflk/Sol 1.4 alpha 18.7z?dl=0

changelog (only from Sol 1.4 Alpha 17, not from 1.3.1 and up, there were several alphas inbetween):
- core: lowered sky brightness a little bit
- core: fixed fog illumination in twilight
- stellar: lowered moon light area illumination a little bit
- stellar: fixed a bug with inverted moonlight and high night pollution density
- clouds: adapted clouds lit to the changed sun light curve
- filter: better function to control the CSP lights in dependency to ambient and sun light
- filter: better adaptive brightness from sunset to twilight
- night light pollution: fixed fog illumination
- night light pollution: less enlightment of clouds with raising density
- night light pollution: new default values in sol config
- custom configs: "__Sol_Extra", lowered gamma, better exposure settings
Thanks for the response ill do that !

Hi guys. I am running the latest version of CSP (130) and a clean SOL 1.4 Beta. Up until recently I had awesome car reflections on the wet track, now I have none. I've tried rolling back to an earlier CSP but same. I was also running SOL 1.31 before and it was the same. I can get rain, I can get spray. When I have a wet track (using wet track mod) it doesnt seem wet enough- more like its damp. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Hi,
Thanks for this great mod! I've just installed it last night, working out CSP and SOL with the guide, but I think I missed something: tracks getting wet under rain, like in some videos?
EDIT: found it, sorry: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-wet-mod-by-a-fracasso.157483/post-3056127
Nevermind: "I couldn't find any options in CM, do I need to manually update the tracks with wet-mods to get it to work?
I'm on CSP -205, SOL 1.3.1"

Second, is there an Audio option to control rain, wipers and weather sound levels?

Finally, some tracks doesn't load in CM now, with CSP/SOL installed and all track configs updated in CM. Is this the tracks that need updates by the authors or anything I can do? Specifically LA Canyons didn't load, but works when I start it without CM.

All the best! Donated!

Last edited:
Just spoke to a friend that's a pro in Blancpain; the cockpit light is actually more of a blacklight. The drivers don't really see it at all, it's just there to make the button labels stand out. The camera just pick it up, but your eye doesn't. So all these mods with the blue cockpit lights are basically wrong. :)

Perhaps a litttle too late for this discution, and speaking only about cockpit view, I do find night mood to be more like a camera view than a real life experience. Our eyes have far greater dynamic range than any camera, and that should be taken in account.
Both AC with these mods and Project Cars 2, for instance (fantastic in weather and visual presentation), overexpose cars when under other car beams. That's not what I experience when driving at night when, perhaps, only licence plates can achieve that effect.

Like in the movies blue tint is added to make us assume is night time, so images in games should be tweaked to give our brains the same sensation of real life experience - not like viewing it on TV.

Just to give a word of appreciation to all who still make this sim a much better experience, day after day - thank you all.

I can't seem to get rain on track to work, as seen in Peter's 1.3 preview:

Rain Amount, Rain drying Force, Rain water on track...how do I get this?

I tried the Wet mod by Fracasso, but this is just static.

you have this on? particleFX must be on, but this off (i think, try both)

from x4fab: "for now, new smoke doesn’t work with spray
the way spray works, it changes tyre_smoke.ini. but new smoke doesn’t use that config at all, it’s a completely different system. I’ll add custom spray later on once I’ll get to work on new rain (should be pretty soon, hopefully)"

1575139026809.png

Does somebody know why my view looks like this? When I switch on ae the lights from the car are very dark.
Unbenannt.PNG

I also have problems with godrays of the sun and brakelights.

The sun looks like this.

58jyrq8s.png

The brakelights are to bright, not very red I would say. For me I looks sometimes white. I hope you know what I mean.

Sol 1.4 alpha 18
CSP 0.1.25-preview245

Thank you very much for your help.

the wet mod contains only wet mod for "some" certain tracks, read on dl page which ones

No, I am refering to the Preview video of SOL 1.3, as you can see, it has some weather FX for rain on track, how fast it dry etc.
It is not the particle smoke on/off that does the job.

Do you have the weather FX as listed in the preview video?

Yes i did. What track are you trying?
Edit: I watched the video, which tells me nothing about your problem.
Edit2: atm no audio control for the rain sound, it interferes with the track-sound-effects in a buggy way...
Edit3: there is no generic way for all tracks, only for some particular tracks its working atm, only for the wet mod tracks

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea