Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dont know why it took me so long but I installed Content Manger and gave Sol a shot. Im LOVING CM and will buy the pro version asap. Installed Sol out of curiosity and its really amazing. But Im having an issue with 2 tracks in particular, Road Atlanta and Sebring. I get black streaks like this or patches like this on Atlanta. Followed the installation manual for Sol to the letter. Most other tracks I've tried dont have this issue. Note I am using Sol Simple as I use an Oculus Rift.

ps: does the 911 RSR 2017 use purple ambient light when in dark conditions?

Dont know why it took me so long but I installed Content Manger and gave Sol a shot. Im LOVING CM and will buy the pro version asap. Installed Sol out of curiosity and its really amazing. But Im having an issue with 2 tracks in particular, Road Atlanta and Sebring. I get black streaks like this or patches like this on Atlanta. Followed the installation manual for Sol to the letter. Most other tracks I've tried dont have this issue. Note I am using Sol Simple as I use an Oculus Rift.

ps: does the 911 RSR 2017 use purple ambient light when in dark conditions?

You can "update" tracks via Content Manager. Peter's Sol guide explains. But all you need to do is go to Content Manager - Settings/Custom Shaders Patch/Tracks Congfigs, where it lists quite a number of tracks with "updates (right click and shows current latest version), I also had problems with Laguna and Highlands. If I am able to use this, anyone can (trust me :) ).

This could be more of a shaderspatch related question but what is the correct way to actually set up wet driving surfaces for sol to get the spray effect? Should I use DIRT_ADDITIVE=1 (bigger than 0 value) to get the spray or can I trigger the spray to exist in some other way?

• Deleted member 197115

Rainy weather all spray, just disable new smoke in Particles FX.

Rainy weather all spray, just disable new smoke in Particles FX.
I have it disabled (it is disabled by default?) but only way I get spray if I put DIRT_ADDITIVE=1 for the driving surfaces. I have the latest shaders patch. Only spray I get if I go on grass.
e: reinstalled sol, now it works

Last edited:
Hi all! I am absolutely in love with this mod and I dont want to be nitpicky, but something that has been bothering me is that most tracks at night seem to be too well lit, even the pitboxes and aux. buildings. I managed to turn the cars' headlights a bit dimmer, but that just made the mentioned issue even more visible. My question is, that is there a way to dim the tracks' lights in general, or I have to do them one by one in the config files. Thanks!

Hi, guys, I’d like some advice.
I want to organize a race with day night transition using mod Sol . how can I check that all the members have only active? , is there a server-side app that can help me in this? That is, who has no active server cannot enter the contest server.
Excuse my bad English.

Is the water spray somehow shader related? Does the road surface need certain shader so in the rain the spray appears? I am trying to figure out how to set up my wet track and the water spray just doesn't appear without DIRT_Additive=1. Other tracks work fine. The dry version of my track uses the ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm for the road surface and that is the typical shader used for roads. And in rain weather the spray also appears on that version. But the wet version uses ksPerPixelMultiMap_NMDetail and no spray. That shader is the only difference I can find. My logs are clean and I have no errors.

• Deleted member 197115

Hi all! I am absolutely in love with this mod and I dont want to be nitpicky, but something that has been bothering me is that most tracks at night seem to be too well lit, even the pitboxes and aux. buildings. I managed to turn the cars' headlights a bit dimmer, but that just made the mentioned issue even more visible. My question is, that is there a way to dim the tracks' lights in general, or I have to do them one by one in the config files. Thanks!
Lighting FX/Brightness. Default is 300%, Peter recommends 100%, play with that and with numbers in between to find the value you like.

go CM->settings->CustomShadersPatch->Track Configs
and update imola by right click and selecting "Install now"

if still not working, check folders, you only need one cfg, preferably in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded"
(config-file-name: "imola.ini")

check if there is another in
"assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\"
(if so -> delete it)

if still failing dl config manually from

(right click "Raw", then "Save as...")

Last edited:
Actually to try it I found that it`s a bit tricky. After you load the game and get the unwanted brightness at night (better tested stationary in front of start grid of kunos cars ...) you change the values in editor and see no effect - you have to change the PP-filters forth and back, and then move the view in cockpit with "Neck FX" > right click dragging so the AE picks the new values (or glance back/ switch "F5" and "F1" for a second). Tried it with
TARGET=0.45 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
changed to "TARGET=0.85" and moved the head. Works like a charm. To assure the AE keeps the dynamic exposure from exceeding the threshold I decreased the static exposure to 0 (hold PgDown until reaching it).
Hi!
Sorry for taking so long to give a feedback.
It worked, but still is odd. It is still a little bit too dark outside the car and some tracks are just too bright where the lights are (unde bridges, at the starting line, poles, etc..). Something happened after some changes made to SOL and Custom Shaders Patch, it was better before. Yes, I know, sometimes it is necessary to go through some changes to achieve something better, the "problem" is that it has so many variables that it's hard to know exactly where is the issue and how to solve it. So, I rather to leave it alone and try it again later when a new version come out. It is also happening to the smoke, in particular the TK's smoke mod, that just doesn't work with SOL anymore - i tried so many things, wasted so much time trying to make it work that it just became a frustration, while I should be racing and having fun instead.
Don't get wrong, I am not blaming anybody, even less the developers and modders that work so hard to give us so many wonderful things, for nothing most of the time. It's just that sometimes you have to accept that somethings won't work for you, and let it be, focus on other things and have fun.
Anyway, thank you very much for your tips and tutorials, it really helped.
Cheers :thumbsup:

later when a new version come out

I should have mentioned it sooner but still, I`m using CSP v0.1.25-preview140 (recommended version).
When "Weather FX" is disabled the overexposure at night can happen so I think it`s not related too much with Sol. I hope the next CSP update hepls you with that problem.
Cheers!

I should have mentioned it sooner but still, I`m using CSP v0.1.25-preview140 (recommended version).
When "Weather FX" is disabled the overexposure at night can happen so I think it`s not related too much with Sol. I hope the next CSP update hepls you with that problem.
Cheers!
Yeap, I am using CSP v0.1.25-preview205, because SOL v1.2 requires it.
Sure, it looks like to be a CSP problem, but as SOL interacts with it, it may be a mix of tweaks. But I will never go back to the raw game, I am dedicating the last videos on my channel just for Assetto Corsa with SOL and CSP, it's so rewarding as a racing cars passionate guy.
Cheers! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing