Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
No, I am refering to the Preview video of SOL 1.3, as you can see, it has some weather FX for rain on track, how fast it dry etc.
It is not the particle smoke on/off that does the job.

Do you have the weather FX as listed in the preview video?
This was just a test for further development. It's already integrated in Sol and it needs to get configured in the track's light config. For now it is/was only in the Monza and RedBullRing config. The Shaders are dynamically modulated by a variable, delivered by Sol.

This was just a test for further development. It's already integrated in Sol and it needs to get configured in the track's light config. For now it is/was only in the Monza and RedBullRing config. The Shaders are dynamically modulated by a variable, delivered by Sol.
Ok, so it is possible to configure this now, or you recommend us to wait for a future update?

Ok, so it is possible to configure this now, or you recommend us to wait for a future update?
Do I even need the Wet Mod installed now if I'm using the latest version of Sol and CM?
It uses the Wet Mod and it blends the "wet" textures in ind out with a variable, set dynamically by Sol:

[CONDITION_3]
NAME=WET_SPEC
INPUT=wfx_WET
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0|0.6=0.1|0.8=0.5|1=1.0)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_4]
NAME=WET_BRIGHT
INPUT=wfx_WET
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0|0.4=1|1=0.7)
LAG=0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_100]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=wet asphalt
MATERIALS=apsh-shader-norm, apsh-shader-mid, apsh-shader-scuro, apsh-shader2
KEY_0=fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_0=0.3
KEY_1=isAdditive
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0
CONDITION=WET_SPEC

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_101]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=wet asphalt
KEY_0=ksAmbient
VALUE_0=0.09
VALUE_0_OFF=0.20
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0.11
VALUE_1_OFF=0.125
KEY_2=ksSpecular
VALUE_2=10
OFF_VALUE_2=0.10
CONDITION=WET_BRIGHT

Its just an test to play a little bit with it. A more useful and better looking thing will come in the future with CSP.

It uses the Wet Mod and it blends the "wet" textures in ind out with a variable, set dynamically by Sol:

[CONDITION_3]
NAME=WET_SPEC
INPUT=wfx_WET
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0|0.6=0.1|0.8=0.5|1=1.0)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_4]
NAME=WET_BRIGHT
INPUT=wfx_WET
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0|0.4=1|1=0.7)
LAG=0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_100]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=wet asphalt
KEY_0=fresnelMaxLevel
VALUE_0=0.3
KEY_1=isAdditive
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0
CONDITION=WET_SPEC

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_101]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=wet asphalt
KEY_0=ksAmbient
VALUE_0=0.09
VALUE_0_OFF=0.20
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0.11
VALUE_1_OFF=0.125
KEY_2=ksSpecular
VALUE_2=10
OFF_VALUE_2=0.10
CONDITION=WET_BRIGHT

Its just an test to play a little bit with it. A more useful and better looking thing will come in the future with CSP.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Enjoying Sol-mod very much!

Am I the only one here that has problems with sparks on SLI rig? Somehow having Sparks=active makes my FPS drop 50% or more on ANY track. Wasnt a problem on single card before with the exact same software and settings.

SOL1.31 + CSP 1.25.185
Ryzen 3700X / GTX980SLI

Hello,
i have a problem with dark screen. In interior my screen is okey, but when i switch camera to outside my screeen is so dark. How can i fixt it? Screen:
20191208131304_1.jpg
20191208131305_1.jpg

Am I the only one here that has problems with sparks on SLI rig? Somehow having Sparks=active makes my FPS drop 50% or more on ANY track. Wasnt a problem on single card before with the exact same software and settings.

SOL1.31 + CSP 1.25.185
Ryzen 3700X / GTX980SLI
Hello,
i have a problem with dark screen. In interior my screen is okey, but when i switch camera to outside my screeen is so dark. How can i fixt it? Screen:
View attachment 338019View attachment 338020

Maybe you both need to use a later Custom Shader - I am using SOL1.31 + CSP0.1.25-preview205, without any issues, that I am aware of. Best of luck.

Darn it, I have the giant hot air balloon on Spa again and can't remember or find out how to fix it again. Deleted the files in J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and reinstalled the track configs and VAO

Is there any way that i can set the "season" to always be summer or spring coz i like the green grass but during these time of the year when i start a race its always winter since i assume it detects the system/PC date to set the season. I dont use CM by the way, so what i do is at the start of a race i popup the menu really fast right before the red lights are all gone and then "minus" the months so its summer and the trees goes back to being green, but a way to completely toggle the season detection would be better.

Is there any way that i can set the "season" to always be summer or spring coz i like the green grass but during these time of the year when i start a race its always winter since i assume it detects the system/PC date to set the season. I dont use CM by the way, so what i do is at the start of a race i popup the menu really fast right before the red lights are all gone and then "minus" the months so its summer and the trees goes back to being green, but a way to completely toggle the season detection would be better.

put this in "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\weather_fx.ini":
(if file does not exist, create it!)

[MISCELLANEOUS]
USE_TRACK_SEASONAL_ADJUSTMENTS=0

Darn it, I have the giant hot air balloon on Spa again and can't remember or find out how to fix it again. Deleted the files in J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and reinstalled the track configs and VAO
delete all in "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa"
then make a steam-verify (in steam lib -> right click assetto, then properties, local files tab, check for damaged files (or what its called in english) )

about the second problem: when does tthat happen, when starting a race? never seen that before...

Last edited:
delete all in "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa"
then make a steam-verify (in steam lib -> right click assetto, then properties, local files tab, check for damaged files (or what its called in english) )

about the second problem: when does tthat happen, when starting a race? never seen that before...
That did the trick, thanks. I think it has something to do with the Bowler mod.

Hey guys!
I've run into an issue with my game:
On some tracks during the night everything is super bright and there are some spots that flash red, if i switch onto day everything looks normal except those red flashes (As you can see in the screenshot). On some other tracks everything seems to works fine. I already checked for the track configs, but according to CM they are up to date.

Attachments

• 20191210050546_1.jpg
    20191210050546_1.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20191210050608_1.jpg
    20191210050608_1.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 162
Hey guys!
On some tracks during the night everything is super bright and there are some spots that flash red, if i switch onto day everything looks normal except those red flashes (As you can see in the screenshot). On some other tracks everything seems to works fine. I already checked for the track configs, but according to CM they are up to date.

I had this and if I remember correctly you need to turn down your exposure settings.

Hey guys!
I had the red flashy issue with imola yesterday and doing this fixed it:

I had the red flashy issue with imola yesterday and doing this fixed it:
That fixed it, thanks man!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back