Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
After installing SOL I've got a amall problem choosing the time in CM. There's a weird 7-hour-21-minute-interval between the time I choose and the actually time loaded in game. For example if I choose 14:00 in cm and load the circuit, WeatherFX debug says it's 21:21 in game.
6NgTbhO.png

LV7ThHt.png

if I choose 3:00 in cm and load the circuit, WeatherFX debug says it's 10:21 in game.
O2ISl0K.png

NfdhX42.png
Could you please activate "real condition" and the go in the menu (the 3 dots right to it) . Is consider times zones is active. If yes, try to deactivate it and uncheck real conditions again.

Yes some more people reported time shifts with .42
Of the things updated in .42 of the shaders light patch I found that in weather effects.ini (assettocorsa\extension\config) changing 'USE_ORIGINAL_SUN_TRAJECTORY_WITHOUT_DATE' from its default value of 1 to 0 fixes the issue of the time shifts.

Could you please activate "real condition" and the go in the menu (the 3 dots right to it) . Is consider times zones is active. If yes, try to deactivate it and uncheck real conditions again.
First, thanks very much for the reply.
However I do not think it has anything to do with this problem because "consider time zones" should be effective only when we use "real condition", and what "consider time zones" actually does is just to help me choose the time, whether to use the time of my timezone or the circuit's timezone in real life(which I can do manually myself right?).
My problem is, after I or "real condition" finish choosing the time to use in game (no matter track's or my timezone), there's always a persistent interval (what's interesting is that reinstalling SOL will change this interval).
BTW 1, I'm 4 km away from the circuit so "consider time zones" on this circuit basically has no effect at all.
BTW 2, this problem happens in circuits all over the world no matter which timezone it is in. So I think it's just WeatherFX's bug.:rolleyes:
BTW 3, before your reply I've already tried what you told me to and of course it does not work.....
BTW 4, after your reply I tried again and everything goes well now no matter "consider time zones" is checked or not...... What I did was just trying using official weather to load the circuit once and trying again choosing an sol weather and this problem is gone.:O_o: Anyway thanks again for this amazing work and your reply;)

I just tried to use Zandvoort as track, real conditions. I expected snow as it is actually snowing right now. Instead i got evening darkish weather, lights are on, while it is actually 12:15 in the afternoon... and no snow at all. (i set geo tag correct on the track). What am i doing wrong?

Should rain work with this? I don't have any other graphics mods installed. I get the watery smoke trail after the car but I don't see any rain drops for example.

The installation instructions could be better for how to install the shader mod. For someone who uses cm a lot to install all kinds of things it is probably a breeze but for a novice the instructions gave more questions than answers. I have no idea where a "MOD folder" is for example or how to activate it with cm or jsgme. I don't have dwrite.dll either in my root ("root" is \SteamApps\common\assettocorsa?). The shader patch doesn't even come with any kind of readme. In the end I installed both patches manually which got rid of the grey sky and now time can be set anything (before manual install it was locked between 8.00-18.00) but rain doesn't work. Is it suppose to? Do I need to turn up some gfx setting?

This is what the heaviest rain storm looks like now?
https://i.ibb.co/thVGRx1/rainstorm.png

Last edited:
I may have overlooked that it was reported earlier, but as it seems SOL does not work together with the 'Wet Mod' ?
At Brands wet, no matter what SOL weather is activated I get no spray.
At Brands, on a dry track, I get spray if I select SOL rain etc...
It's probably known, but I just wanted to check, because it looks/feels a bit weird.

I finally might install it yesterday in the late evening ... and everything worked perfectly at the 1st time, except I just forgot to install the reshade out of its original place in the zip. ;)
Quickly corrected of course .... once used to it with GBW Suite ... I couldn't make without it.

This Sol is really a jewel for AC ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:.... Congrats Peter and all involved of course without whom this should not have been possible.... and many thanks for this shared hard work.

I'm staying for the moment with V1.0 and Preview41 shader patch ... waiting that the following versions are perfectly working also.

No single problem with replays ... and the SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua is rather easy to use ... as it is perfectly explained there.

Just 2 questions, Peter, about this SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua .....
- is there a way to change the initial "true" to "false" when needed without having to do it inside the files ? ... maybe a "command" in CM ?
- there are more than 1 __SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({ paragraphs
I suppose the 1st one needs the chosen weathers separated by comas
and the next ones are used to give each weather its own settings.
Am I right or wrong here ? ( I read the not-to-read manual :D about those points, but I'm not sure to have understood it perfectly )

I may have overlooked that it was reported earlier, but as it seems SOL does not work together with the 'Wet Mod' ?
At Brands wet, no matter what SOL weather is activated I get no spray.
At Brands, on a dry track, I get spray if I select SOL rain etc...
It's probably known, but I just wanted to check, because it looks/feels a bit weird.

It definitely does work with the wet mod.
Not sure what your issue is, but I bet Peter does :)

20190122121450-1.jpg

Should rain work with this? I don't have any other graphics mods installed. I get the watery smoke trail after the car but I don't see any rain drops for example.

The installation instructions could be better for how to install the shader mod. For someone who uses cm a lot to install all kinds of things it is probably a breeze but for a novice the instructions gave more questions than answers. I have no idea where a "MOD folder" is for example or how to activate it with cm or jsgme. I don't have dwrite.dll either in my root ("root" is \SteamApps\common\assettocorsa?). The shader patch doesn't even come with any kind of readme. In the end I installed both patches manually which got rid of the grey sky and now time can be set anything (before manual install it was locked between 8.00-18.00) but rain doesn't work. Is it suppose to? Do I need to turn up some gfx setting?

This is what the heaviest rain storm looks like now?
https://i.ibb.co/thVGRx1/rainstorm.png

The easiest way is to simply drag and drop the zip file into the CM window. Those three stripes next the 'about' tab at the top right will turn green. Click that and press install (this also works to install most car/track mods).
You then enable the patch by clicking on the 'Content' then 'Mods' tab.

The MODS folder will be created in your AC install folder. Not there? Create one.
There is no rain, but you can have raindrops on your windscreen. Get the BLM Car app.

Join the shader patch Discord group. It has instructions and lots more. https://discord.gg/pGHjtX

I just tried to use Zandvoort as track, real conditions. I expected snow as it is actually snowing right now. Instead i got evening darkish weather, lights are on, while it is actually 12:15 in the afternoon... and no snow at all. (i set geo tag correct on the track). What am i doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. That's just what it looks like.
I assume it's setting the correct time and choosing 'Light Snow' like mine does?

That weather is just a cloud/lighting setting. There isn't actually any snow.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. That's just what it looks like.
I assume it's setting the correct time and choosing 'Light Snow' like mine does?

That weather is just a cloud/lighting setting. There isn't actually any snow.

Yeah, it's setting light snow. But i live here and trust me, there is snow right now :D. But i don't understand why it's so dark since it is middle of the day?

Yeah, it is fair bit gloomier than it should be. Headlights shouldn't be needed at this time of day in that weather.

As for the snow itself, like I said, there isn't any actual snow (or sleet/hail/rain) in this mod. Guess it would be nice if it had snow textures like it does with some of the other Kunos tracks though.

Yeah, it is fair bit gloomier than it should be. Headlights shouldn't be needed at this time of day in that weather.

As for the snow itself, like I said, there isn't any actual snow (or sleet/hail/rain) in this mod. Guess it would be nice if it had snow textures like it does with some of the other Kunos tracks though.
Ahh, now i get it :D The mod needs the textures in order to see snow... Lol, i thought that SOL added it dynamically (because i don't remember putting any textures in nords or spa and there i do see snow).

Is it still so dark, Sandokhanul ? ...
I just tried Zandvoort ... and weather used is "Light Fog" ...
Luminosity seems quite normal for this type of weather and lights are on as this kind of weather mostly need lights also.

NB: living at +- 20 kms from Spa and same conditions, but no snow yet I think ... it'll surely come in the following minutes or hours. ;)

Now for me too, Pete ... and Spa also, it's snowing for a few minutes now ....
This geotag works perfectly it seems ! :thumbsup:

Well, it seems more acurate now on real setting, still too gloomy/dark though (chooses light snow for me).
From webcam:
upload_2019-1-22_14-39-37.png

In game:
upload_2019-1-22_14-41-53.png

Spa is all green for me though... To be more specific, after some testing, the last meshes fix for spa from leBluem (spa_lightsconfig_v30.rar) breaks the snow. If i put back the "even smaller fix" ini file for spa i get the snow again... So it very much depends on the ini file used.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-22_14-38-20.png
    upload_2019-1-22_14-38-20.png
    607.9 KB · Views: 306
  • upload_2019-1-22_14-38-45.png
    upload_2019-1-22_14-38-45.png
    607.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.5%