Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
The easiest way is to simply drag and drop the zip file into the CM window. Those three stripes next the 'about' tab at the top right will turn green. Click that and press install (this also works to install most car/track mods).
You then enable the patch by clicking on the 'Content' then 'Mods' tab.

I normally install all mods via CM drag 'n' drop but I'd read in a few places that Sol shouldn't be installed that way (which did make me wonder why Peter hadn't set it up that way). Good to hear it does work, as I've got to reinstall Sol to get my clouds and moving sun back.

Does it change the Kelvin light temperature as the day goes by?

In the porsche video some pages ago, the white in the car paint seemed to be constant during the 24h cycle.

It definitely does work with the wet mod.
Not sure what your issue is, but I bet Peter does :)

After some more testing/trying, I found out it is only the Brands Indy wet track that does not give spray.
The GP layout works fine, as are all other wet track mods (with a little exception for Silverstone where the wet track does not really look wet, but still produces spray).

But what bothers me more atm, is that I seem to have lost raindrops.
It used to work fine (I mapped keys on my wheel (wipers) and button box (rain), but whatever I try, I get no actual raindrops now... :cautious:

Did you try to do it manually with the mouse with BLM Cars displayed .... ?
For me it's working that way ... as my wheel isn't connected at the moment.

EDIT:
Did you check in CM: Settings/Apps/BLM Car if Enable Hotkeys is well checked ?
I noticed in the latest version that it was not enabled.

Last edited:
hey, me again... testing all weathers ahahaha.... I noticed with heavy thunderstorm i still see the sun which i don't expect to be there with all those clouds...

upload_2019-1-22_16-8-47.png

what is even stranger, i do see the sun in my mirror, but not inside or outside of the car...
upload_2019-1-22_16-12-48.png

Did a complete reinstall for assetto corsa, followed all the steps in the manual. set the time at 3:07 in the morning to see if it works and it doesnt work. Why and please help

Did a complete reinstall for assetto corsa, followed all the steps in the manual. set the time at 3:07 in the morning to see if it works and it doesnt work. Why and please help
Need more info.
Are you using content manager? Did you install and activate the shaders light patch?

When you say it doesn't work, what are you seeing?

Last edited:
I have a question. I just installed the latest shader patch and Sol, and I've been using different weather presets through the CM selection. I want to try out the dynamic weather plans, but I honestly have no clue how to select one in-game. Should I move one of the presets into a folder somewhere in the AC root folder? Or is there a setting in CM that I'm missing?

Also, whenever I set the time to 23:59, once I go in-game it isn't dark at all. I using the weather fx debug app in-game to forward time by 6 hours, but nothign is changing. I think I have followed all the steps in the manual correctly, but if someone could help me out I would be very appreciative.

Another update: I noticed when I load up a practice session, track day or race on monza (I'm assuming it will happen on other tracks aswell) that the time is always 08:00. Track grip is set to auto, and changes with changes to the weather. Temperature and wind are set to certain values and are as set, so it's just the time that seems stuck.

Last edited:
@Rens van der Heide
I was confused at first, but it turns out to be quite easy.

Use the SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua for example. Leave the file where it is.
Right now, you could just change 'false' to 'true' and it would run the weathers in the list regardless of whatever weather you've selected in CM.

So just change the weathers in each slot from the list provided to whatever you want, change the timings and add slots on like this for example:

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
weather = "Hurricane",
time_holding = 120,
time_changing = 60,
temperature_ambient = 20,
temperature_road = 25
})

__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
weather = "Sand",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30,
temperature_ambient = 20,
temperature_road = 25
})

Last edited:
After some more testing/trying, I found out it is only the Brands Indy wet track that does not give spray.
The GP layout works fine, as are all other wet track mods (with a little exception for Silverstone where the wet track does not really look wet, but still produces spray).

It used to work fine (I mapped keys on my wheel (wipers) and button box (rain), but whatever I try, I get no actual raindrops now... :cautious:

Brands is a bit weird. My version (Indy and GP) was stuck on Deem's winter snow skin even though I changed it to summer or autumn through CM. I even deleted the snow skin from the Brands directory, but it still kept appearing. All the other tracks with seasonal skins worked fine.

In the end I backed up and removed the Brands config file (ks_brands_hatch) from assettocorsa\mods\Shaders Lights Patch\extension\config\tracks and I was able to choose a seasonal skin again. This fix might not work for you, but it's worth a shot as your problem occurs at the same track.

I change my code - it will work then - sorry...

NO- its a bug with the wet mod:
Just copy the surface.ini
from content\tracks\ks_brands_hatch\gp_wet\data
to content\tracks\ks_brands_hatch\indy_wet\data
now its working. Please tell alberto fracasso that there is a bug.

But i changed the code also. Now when a track's name ended with "Wet", it will have the spray. Should work instantly with new wet tracks.

Sol and ShadersPatch it's a magic. Totally change immersion in AC. Can't find words to say thank you !
Only one small question. Maybe this just impossible to change it in AC.
The Sun is always front of clouds instead to be covered by clouds. Sorry for my english, hope screenshot can help to understand what i mean
P.S. Sol 1.1 beta 2 and ShadersPatch preview 42. Laguna Seca 8 am Weather - Windy
JVBBa6y.jpg

Not sure if this behaviour is correct or not -(Great mod Peter by the way) Sometimes I just want to take an open wheeler out for a 10, 15 min spin @ my favourite track Mugello. What I'm observing is not track dependent but I'll use Mugello for arguments sake..... Since installing Sol V.1 I've notice that if I set CM to default clear (Kunos) optimal track conditions etc etc - so it should be 12 noon, clear mid blue skies, high summer 26 degrees, no wind, optimal track - in other words tick the ideal conditions.... Why doesn't it default to the preset Kunos built into AC?

I understand I can set this up in Sol/CM, but it's January and a 1 tick box for a few hot laps @ my favourite track ends up being a PITA.... what am I missing? Oh, and the default Kunos clear preset has clouds in the sky :( - it's not 12 noon either....

Forgot to mention - I now only have the 7 Kunos presets + Sol, having removed GBW suite plus others.....

Anyone using SOL with VR? I have a pretty strong system and I'm experiencing frame rate issues. It's most likely a combination of SOL + Shaders patch. What settings on shaders patch would you all recommend me disable to allow it to play better in VR?

I can do two seperate races, one with SOL + shader patch, and the other with my base GbW settings. The GbW settings race will hold 90 fps no problem. The SoL + Shader patch race is kind of all over the place in VR.

Sol and ShadersPatch it's a magic. Totally change immersion in AC. Can't find words to say thank you !
Only one small question. Maybe this just impossible to change it in AC.
The Sun is always front of clouds instead to be covered by clouds. Sorry for my english, hope screenshot can help to understand what i mean
P.S. Sol 1.1 beta 2 and ShadersPatch preview 42. Laguna Seca 8 am Weather - Windy
JVBBa6y.jpg
We are working on that. Its pretty difficult now to get the cloud's opacity high enough to cover the sun.
You can test this by increasing "clouds__opacity_multiplier = 1.25" parameter in the sol_config.lua in /extension/weather/sol. But it look strange it there are too opac.

Last edited:
Could you show me a picture of the weatherFX app?
Hi Peter, sorry - forgot to do this last night. Attached.
A reinstallation of Sol seems to have fixed the plain sky/no sun movement issue I had.
Everything looks wonderful now.
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• weatherfx.PNG
    weatherfx.PNG
    455.6 KB · Views: 256

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks