Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello,
is there a way to uninstall this beautiful mod? Im driving in a league and I have problems with lags since I installed Sol so I sadly have to remove it somehow :(
Just verify your game trought steam , and it will redownload over it original files.
If you installed it the right way with Content Manager , simply disable the mods.

If not using a mod manager and the prior Sol installation was manual, the current files will depend on version you're using:
delete from \assettocorsa:
apps\python\sol_*
apps\python\AccExtWeather (note)
content\gui\icons\Sol *
content\weather\sol_*
extension\config\weather_fx.ini (note)
extension\weather\sol
extension\weather-controllers\sol
system\cfg\ppfilters\__Sol.ini
system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs

(note): For safety, after deleting these, then you should completely reinstall shaders patch to restore these things that will be missing, because Sol has overwritten them before. First the older lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview49, because its the last to contain its own apps and full configs. And then overwrite with the latest, currently lights-patch-v0.1.25-preview63-full. After this run a steam integrity check. On the CM drive menu confirm if time is again limited to 8-18h. Remember to apply your previously preferred pp filter back, as __Sol.ini is removed. Apply your own custom extension\configs if needed (those newer than the ones that come with preview49).

Last edited:
Hello,
is there a way to uninstall this beautiful mod? Im driving in a league and I have problems with lags since I installed Sol so I sadly have to remove it somehow :(
You can just switch off "weatherFX":
upload_2019-3-21_8-6-1.png

I got this in my errors.log file (in the server folder) while trying to launch the server manager after installing SOL.

acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 267
at acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 267

I got this in my errors.log file (in the server folder) while trying to launch the server manager after installing SOL.

Sorry, this is fixed in the beta Programm of Sol and with the next release. If you like, just install the beta:
https://discord.gg/XHvuTtv

The sky is now completely black, no sky at all but the track, car, etc look properly and I've reinstalled Assetto Corsa, the Shaders patch, and SOL to no avail. I did get an error message under the SOL weather app when its open that stated:
error:...ps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\sol\weather.lua:33: in main chunk

Link to the screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1689287997
Because you need Shader Patch 63 for Sol 1.1 beta 7.
Don't remove preview 49, Just copy 63 over it!

Solved... I updated my lights patch file... Thanks for quick response tho....

Also want to say that this along with the shader lights patch is amazing!!!

Thank you...

Last edited:
Hello, I am having trouble with the Sol installation. I`m using CM Ver: 0.8.1959.36002 (x86). I installed the Lights Shader Patch and it is in my Mods list and enabled. I noticed that some of the file locations in the PDF differ slightly with my actual AC install. I finally got all the Sol weather types listed in the weather section of CM. But each weather type is showing an error with missing colorCurves.ini file. I checked the download zip file and it does not contain any colorCurves files. CM will generate one but they are all generic. I may have messed up somewhat, not sure.
Any advise is appreciated, thanks.

Hello, I am having trouble with the Sol installation. I`m using CM Ver: 0.8.1959.36002 (x86). I installed the Lights Shader Patch and it is in my Mods list and enabled. I noticed that some of the file locations in the PDF differ slightly with my actual AC install. I finally got all the Sol weather types listed in the weather section of CM. But each weather type is showing an error with missing colorCurves.ini file. I checked the download zip file and it does not contain any colorCurves files. CM will generate one but they are all generic. I may have messed up somewhat, not sure.
Any advise is appreciated, thanks.
You don't need those AC files anymore to get the weather working when weatherFX is activated. Sol based completely on weatherFX, a Modul of Shader patch - the new graphics Modul. But it's needed for the AC Server Manager. So I integrated it again, just for reason. Otherwise CM is giving this warning, but it's just a remnent of the classic AC Era.

Today i tryed the Neck option trought the shader pach in content manager , this is avesome, but sync i turned this option on ( active ) im especting frame skipping for apsolutelly no reason , FPS stays stable , actually its not going under 100 FPS , but the frame skipping feels like my car is jumping a fev steps forward without to show it on the screen.

Is this a known issue or am i the only one getting this as i could not find any info about it ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.