Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. i installed Sol along with the shaders patch ( all up to date) and it worked fine! after a few days i figured i'd set up a dynamic weather plan, and followed an appropriate step-by-step guide on how to set it up. i tried it. and it didnt work. also none of my other sol weathers seemed to work after. if i set time to 23:59 its not night and it seems to swtich a default weather mode(even though i disabled those), without clouds etc. i reinstalled Sol and removed the files i made creating a dynamic weather pattern, but i can't seem to get it fixed. i can no longer drive in the nighttime nor can i select foggy/rainy weather. anyone possible have the same issue? or even better, a solution :)

Read more about this resource...
[/QUOTE]
Please make a screenshot of the in-game custom shader weather app:

Attachments

• acs 2019-01-23 18-22-45+1.jpg
    acs 2019-01-23 18-22-45+1.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 205
Im in trouble to get this to work like it shown on the images and video , for some reason when i chose any of the SOL moded weather , i dont get apsolutelly no cloud's on the sky , everything is blank , so far the time is changing , and im runn on long races without any problem into the Night , but for some reasony the problem is only the clouds and the sky.

Im i doing something wrong or did i miss something out there ? I really would like to try this mod like ive seen it so far at some photos and videos @ youtube , wich gives me a feel like its a completly game changer..

Im in trouble to get this to work like it shown on the images and video , for some reason when i chose any of the SOL moded weather , i dont get apsolutelly no cloud's on the sky , everything is blank , so far the time is changing , and im runn on long races without any problem into the Night , but for some reasony the problem is only the clouds and the sky.

Im i doing something wrong or did i miss something out there ? I really would like to try this mod like ive seen it so far at some photos and videos @ youtube , wich gives me a feel like its a completly game changer..

Attachments

• acs 2019-01-23 18-22-45+1.jpg
    acs 2019-01-23 18-22-45+1.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 150
i noticed that too. My conclusion is the, ksDiffuse shader causes this. We are on it, to find out whats the problem...

Do you have any development in this issue causing over-bright spectators? Right now it's the only thing that doesn't look so good even under regular conditions (default weather files/6-18h). Vanilla AC already had a weird behavior at some settings, but when using shaders patch under a near clear weather when the sun is high it becomes much more noticeable (specially on tracks like Spa) and also when night lights illuminate them.

Unfortunately even if future mod tracks had darker spectators with this in mind, it'd cause an inconsistency problem with older tracks, a future system-wide solution, and look bad on vanilla AC. Thanks for all this astonishing work!

Do you have any development in this issue causing over-bright spectators? Right now it's the only thing that doesn't look so good even under regular conditions (default weather files/6-18h). Vanilla AC already had a weird behavior at some settings, but when using shaders patch under a near clear weather when the sun is high it becomes much more noticeable (specially on tracks like Spa) and also when night lights illuminate them.

Unfortunately even if future mod tracks had darker spectators with this in mind, it'd cause an inconsistency problem with older tracks, a future system-wide solution, and look bad on vanilla AC. Thanks for all this astonishing work!
it is addressed for the next version of shaders patch....

I deleted the whole game , redownload it again , and gived a second try step by step , now its working all fine , seems that maybe posible some other mods gets in confusion with this one , as my game vas completly moded. Now with the Content Manager it was all fine and easy to setup at all..

I deleted the whole game , redownload it again , and gived a second try step by step , now its working all fine , seems that maybe posible some other mods gets in confusion with this one , as my game vas completly moded. Now with the Content Manager it was all fine and easy to setup at all..

Maybe I should try doing the same thing then... mine is still totally screwed up.

Today i especting something that i wonder why this happens and it seems to be something wrong. Each time when im close to a curb , the red / white one's , they sudently from no where turning into green / white or green / red , i cant notice it correctly , im not able to find the solution , is it posible its comming from SOL Mod ? i raced last night al night long and all was fine , did not changed anything but today ive noticed it almost on al tracks im raced on.

I just upload a short video to give apreview.

haha you can blame @Blamer for that, he made the curbs into racing flags, what track is that?

these maybe had them, but newer versions dont have them anymore

https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...ig/blob/master/config/tracks/road_america.ini
https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...lob/master/config/tracks/road_atlanta2018.ini
In this video it happens in Road Amerika , but i raced on it yesterday too , a long race 30min practice , 30min Qual and 1hr race , not even once this happens , but today it's really anoying me completly..

Edit: ive just added the ini file you droped the link for Road America , now the curbs not apearing to green when im close , insead the constantly green.. Damn Whats going on..

Edit 2 : Road America 3.6 solved the problem,. not SOL's fail..

Last edited:
it is addressed for the next version of shaders patch....
OT: Unfortunately it didn't make it on today's 0.1.25 preview 63. Fat Alfie's Deutschlandring is coming soon and camera facing crowds on his tracks do a lot for ambience, but stand out in a bad way when looking washed out -- fingers crossed a solution is coming quickly. :)

I have already adjusted all of my camera_facing textures to be correctly exposed using Sol/Patch and planned to release my track with both these and Vanilla AC textures, if that helps :)

Hello,
is there a way to uninstall this beautiful mod? Im driving in a league and I have problems with lags since I installed Sol so I sadly have to remove it somehow :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%