Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes the auto exposure system seems to be completely replaced with shader patch and SOL both installed and enabled. The AE limits set by user are also being ignored and replaced by some calculated values from the new AE system.

Code:
[AUTO_EXPOSURE]
TARGET=0.4

Wouldn't the above be a better source of the "starting" needed/reference exposure value instead of in every existing preset with original AE the unused [TONEMAPPING] EXPOSURE? The one used right now was meant for static exposure setting and thus pretty much no one sets it when they use AE.

The area limited AE used to work before until Kunos nerfed the whole Yebis/PPfilters when updating their graphics some years back. Nowadays it seems it all has to be added back if possible via the shader patch hack.

I don't use the default "2 PFXTM_SENSITOMETRIC" function in my PP so I'm going over the settings to get it to look as close as before shader patch and SOL.

---

So far the mod looks great. The only issue I've encountered so far was that online on SOL enabled server the image would freeze for a few frames here and then, don't know why because same server runs flawlessly smooth with shader patch and SOL uninstalled. There is plenty hardware performance to go around, 100fps+ running.

Last edited:
On discord there is a version 1.1b6 that allows adjustment of IMHO in 1.0 missing ambient light at night.
It can be found in the 1.1b6 Weather FX app. With my preset I'm using value 60 but with SOL PPpreset maybe 100 would work since SOL PPpreset uses function 2 that crushes darks and whites and the darks are overly into blacks.

1.0 with no ambient light at night looks very weird.
At daylight SOL can be, too bright? Such as ground is brighter than sky, yeah... probably should not be that way so much.

Awesome mod! I really enjoy it and it breaths new life into Assetto Corsa.

I was wondering how the tyre spray is implemented and how to get it working properly on a custom track. There must be a threshold for surface friction. If its below 0.9 no spray is produced. Is this configurable in SOL or in an AC ini? I couldn't find any place in the scripts.

Can s.o. help figure out, what I am doing wrong and how to fix this.

Last edited:
First of all, thx guys for what you've brought to the game. Peter, Ilja and all the others involve in this project, you're all genius, it's just awesome what you have achieved so far. Just a small question : in the weather plans, it's possible to set the ambient and track temps but on my side even if I use a plan with different temps among the blocks, the temps remain the same as the ones set in CM (fixed temps). I've probably missed something on the way but I don't know what... Thx for your help

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this mod, where the skies just do not look right... I followed all the guidlines. Including some of the youtube videos by Highness. For instance, when I go to Singapore at night, no matter which SOL setting I choose, I end up with a sky that is way too light for night time with white clouds. And I get the wrong skies when I choose any of the "Assetto at Night" options too. And when I go to another track (like ks Nord for instance) and try setting it to have either overcast, rain, or thunderstorms, the sky is always just a boring solid grey... no clouds or anything. So I must have a wrong setting somewhere that's overriding whatever weather effect I'm trying to get. Any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this mod, where the skies just do not look right... I followed all the guidlines. Including some of the youtube videos by Highness. For instance, when I go to Singapore at night, no matter which SOL setting I choose, I end up with a sky that is way too light for night time with white clouds. And I get the wrong skies when I choose any of the "Assetto at Night" options too. And when I go to another track (like ks Nord for instance) and try setting it to have either overcast, rain, or thunderstorms, the sky is always just a boring solid grey... no clouds or anything. So I must have a wrong setting somewhere that's overriding whatever weather effect I'm trying to get. Any suggestions?
It seems your installation has some errors. Could you please make a screenshot with the opened "custom Shader weather" app in game!

I love SOL and the shaderpatch. But i have a little issue with tireshadows. Maybe someone can help me out.

2561DE7DEBBC30E08BDD2DD8A466879A9B77D40B

Thanks alot!

It seems your installation has some errors. Could you please make a screenshot with the opened "custom Shader weather" app in game!

Thank you for responding Peter. I'll get a screenshot of that tomorrow. But in the meantime, I did just remember one thing that happened when I was re-installing everything... In one of the Youtube videos Highness made on how to set up SOL, he suggested going into Steam and doing a "Verify integrity of game files"... When I did that, something came up about 5 files that it couldn't repair... maybe it has something to do with that? How do I find what 5 files couldn't be verified?

Now that I've had some time to get on the simulator today, I've looked at trying to save a screenshot of what you were asking for Peter... Not 100% sure what it is though, so here's a few screenshots relating to what I think you're asking for, along with a few others that might help diagnose the problem... First one I have here is the Custom Shaders Patch...

Attachments

• Custom Shaders Patch.jpg
    Custom Shaders Patch.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 294
And to help explain my problem better, here is my weather setting for Singapore, where instead of a dark sky I get a bluish sky with white clouds...

Attachments

• Weather1.jpg
    Weather1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 186
  • Weather1 result.jpg
    Weather1 result.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 145
And then when I try to get a nice dark cloudy SOL option at ks Nord, I just get a solid grey sky...

Attachments

• Weather2.jpg
    Weather2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Weather2 result.jpg
    Weather2 result.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 160
Oh and I did run the file verification again in Steam, this time it showed 36 files, but then it corrected the files after running it a second time.

Attachments

• 36 files.jpg
    36 files.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 140
So I did just now do a re-install, and there does seem to be some things fixed now, where the skies are correct, but now the Singapore night lighting isn't correct (its not all lit up like the real track). Also, when I go to the AC Apps page, there's now not as many apps listed under activated apps... Not sure why. Before I had Shaders Extension Debug, Shaders Extension Mirrors, and ACC Ext Rain. See the screen shot below. This is all pretty frustrating...

Attachments

• Apps.jpg
    Apps.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 162
Hi. i installed Sol along with the shaders patch ( all up to date) and it worked fine! after a few days i figured i'd set up a dynamic weather plan, and followed an appropriate step-by-step guide on how to set it up. i tried it. and it didnt work. also none of my other sol weathers seemed to work after. if i set time to 23:59 its not night and it seems to swtich a default weather mode(even though i disabled those), without clouds etc. i reinstalled Sol and removed the files i made creating a dynamic weather pattern, but i can't seem to get it fixed. i can no longer drive in the nighttime nor can i select foggy/rainy weather. anyone possible have the same issue? or even better, a solution :)

Read more about this resource...[/QUOTE]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years