Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello i just saw this updated on racedepartment... is it only for people still using sol? does sol have any purpose over Pure? i was of the understanding that Pure has completely replaced sol and is better....

Hello i just saw this updated on racedepartment... is it only for people still using sol? does sol have any purpose over Pure? i was of the understanding that Pure has completely replaced sol and is better....
Yes!

I was just outsourcing the Sol archive location to other hosters than Racedepartment, because they had some traffic issues in the past. So this is no update, i just uploaded the Sol archive again to Racedepartment, and the people can download it directly via the download button.
Sol is still used by a lot of people and i just corrected the download....

Last edited:
Hm I had this in a log file:
[sol_config: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_config.py", line 356, in acUpdate
SolCom.update()
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 284, in update
self.receive_from_Sol()
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 126, in receive_from_Sol
self.execute_orders(orders)
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 110, in execute_orders
self.order_executor_dict[v['type']](v)
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_config.py", line 120, in execute_SETVALUE_from_Sol
for tmp in n:
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

What does it mean. I had repair the installation with steam but it says alwas that in the logfile

Hm I had this in a log file:
[sol_config: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_config.py", line 356, in acUpdate
SolCom.update()
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 284, in update
self.receive_from_Sol()
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 126, in receive_from_Sol
self.execute_orders(orders)
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_lib\sol_interface.py", line 110, in execute_orders
self.order_executor_dict[v['type']](v)
File "apps/python/sol_config\sol_config.py", line 120, in execute_SETVALUE_from_Sol
for tmp in n:
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

What does it mean. I had repair the installation with steam but it says alwas that in the logfile
did you install it via Content Manager?

no, always manually. its also in other sol versions. No change than. always that wrong code. I cant change the season with the sol planer also. Always summer.Excause my bad english, i am from Germany
Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:
Ja, habe ich . Habe jetzt auch schon mehrere contentmangerversionen csp versionen uns sol versionen getestet. Immer das gleiche. Irgendwie scheint die Installation durcheinander gekommen zu sein. Ich habe auch kein Sound beim Firework, und sehe die Auspuffflammen nur im Spiegel. Hat bei früheren Versionen mal geklappt Die Steam Intergrationsprüfung hat auch nicht geholfen. Vieleicht auch irgendein Windowsproblem. Ist ein alter i7 2700 k und die Installation ist schon ewig alt, und halt oft updates und Änderungenn am Spiel vorgenommen. Und halt sehr viele Mods Autos und Strecken von GT Planet.
Wie hast du CSP installiert?

Also manually. Excause me that i post in german but its very difficult to answer something in english. Schade in englisch tue ich mich ab und an sehr schwer

Last edited:
for some reason my sol keeps flashing like black and blue in the skybox reseting everything. It turns off my control alt **** h which hides everything and its dropping frames by a good 30. This also happens every 5 seconds I cant send a video because race department doesnt like mp4s. I cant find anything about it online can someone please help me. its about a 15% chance that itll just start working correctly after restarting content manager but i would like to get it working all the time.

for some reason my sol keeps flashing like black and blue in the skybox reseting everything. It turns off my control alt **** h which hides everything and its dropping frames by a good 30. This also happens every 5 seconds I cant send a video because race department doesnt like mp4s. I cant find anything about it online can someone please help me. its about a 15% chance that itll just start working correctly after restarting content manager but i would like to get it working all the time.
Has nothing to do with Sol. This is a conflict between CSP and Microsoft OneDrive. If there are any changes in /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension, CSP will reset the weatherFX system to get the changes working.

So it seems your Microsoft Onedrive is constantly restoring files in your Documents folder. If you don't need Onedrive, uninstall it completely!

If you use it, please have a search, how to deactivate the Onedrive sync for a certain folder and deactivate it for your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder!

Has nothing to do with Sol. This is a conflict between CSP and Microsoft OneDrive. If there are any changes in /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension, CSP will reset the weatherFX system to get the changes working.

So it seems your Microsoft Onedrive is constantly restoring files in your Documents folder. If you don't need Onedrive, uninstall it completely!

If you use it, please have a search, how to deactivate the Onedrive sync for a certain folder and deactivate it for your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder!
I just uninstalled onedrive and that should fix it thank you for your response

What is the minimum CSP 2.0? When I use the 1.79 Sol controler option in Weather Drive disappears?View attachment 722458
Yes that's right. There was a change. It is described on the Sol update pages.

You need the newest CM in the first place. 0.8.2594! Just check "update to untested versions" in CM settings CM general.

And then the controller selection is different between 0.1.79 and later CSP versions.

Please have a look in the Sol update posts.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea