Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can anyone tell me, if I was to install Sol and the shader patch, are they easy to disable? I am working on a track in its final stages and still balancing textures and materials, but I am also desperate to try out this new AC magic :thumbsup:

If it's a case of 'all or nothing' then I will still with GBW for now, but if I can switch back and forth between Vanilla and Sol that would be great.

Personally, I'm using JSGME for all mods install, including the ones here, and just disabling everything works perfectly .... but maybe in this case is it better to launch AC with the usual AC Launcher ... so that you don't have the CM special features and only the usual original ones.

Do you run AC in 32 bit?
YJoFgwB.png
Sorry Pete, life got busy here. No, I run AC on 64bit. I did delete dwrite.dll and the extension folder from the root folder, but I keep getting the error msg that says the chat app crashed, if I try it again, then it says gmeter crashed. Weird! =/

One quick question: Is this mod compatible with the 32 bit version of AC?
For some unknown reasons AC crashes for me with the 64 bit version since day 1.

To all having problems and/or seeing grey skies: I suggest installing JSGME mod enabler and then put the latest Sol / Custom Shader mod into the "MODS" folder of JSGME. Enable it via the Mod enabler.
Of course you also have to do everything inside CM what the manual says. ;)

Worked for me after that.

In the PP filter dropdown _sol isn't listed. I only have the default options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have all the sol presets in content / miscellaneous / weather.

I have only ever dropped in cars and tracks into AC. I've never used CM or any type of shader / weather mod. TBH the PDF is a little hard to follow for 1st time users.

Cheers

Last edited:
I've got really dodgy 3d grass but only at Spa, can't figure it out. Didn't have it with sol 1.0 and preview42 but I do with sol 1.1 beta and preview44. Any ideas or anybody else? Preview44 comes with too much extra that I don't want to roll back. Any help appreciated.

I've got really dodgy 3d grass but only at Spa, can't figure it out. Didn't have it with sol 1.0 and preview42 but I do with sol 1.1 beta and preview44. Any ideas or anybody else? Preview44 comes with too much extra that I don't want to roll back. Any help appreciated.
Also with Sol 1.1 beta 5 i removes a nasty 3d grass bug...

Major issue here, running around Laguna Seca, where the world and the inside of the car will go completely black except for the texture of the dirt on the windscreen and the dash display. Happens a few feet after moving the car from the pits for about 20-30 feet I guess then goes back to normal, and if I stay on track its fine but if I go off track it does it again and can make it difficult to get on track again as I can't see anything.

Major issue here, running around Laguna Seca, where the world and the inside of the car will go completely black except for the texture of the dirt on the windscreen and the dash display. Happens a few feet after moving the car from the pits for about 20-30 feet I guess then goes back to normal, and if I stay on track its fine but if I go off track it does it again and can make it difficult to get on track again as I can't see anything.
Its just on Laguna Seca?

Please make a screenshot of the Shader Patch Weather in-game app:
AONqS4f.jpg

Then its the light config like @Please Stop This said.
Yes, that tip solved it. A strange but minor blip. Only posted the issue because I couldn't find the solution myself. Posted it being lazy hoping a solution would arise whilst offline which it did. Worst case scenario, I would have not drove spa for a while, sol, CM and shader is too much of a technical breakthrough to ignore. Every AC user should have them as standard.

Its just on Laguna Seca?

Please make a screenshot of the Shader Patch Weather in-game app:
AONqS4f.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I don’t have that menu option on the side panel for some reason.

Also just discovered some behaviour linked to this happening, it doesn't happen on every part of the track but if I slow down to 22MPH the blackout happens, if I’m going 23MPH or faster it displays properly again, managed to replicate that fairly constantly just now, that would be the reason why it’s happening off track as I’ll be going slow. Also the ability to see the dirt on the windscreen as a white layer I mentioned seems to be linked to how much light there is in the world, I have it set to 60x time acceleration to test and when it’s at the darkest time of day I can’t even see that dirt, but as the sun rises it will be seen, but the blackout itself will occur no matter the time of day set.

Tried Brands Hatch, Nordschleife, Imola, and Red Bull Ring and the problem didn’t occur even driving below 23MPH, this is all in the McLaren 650S GT3 car. If I drive that car on other tracks I've tried its fine, if I drive other cars I've tested on Laguna Seca its fine so it seems like a combination from the evidence so far.

46869772332_4e72044a4c_h.jpg

46869772282_1163a77119_h.jpg

Peter, I know your busy - I posted this in the forum and forget this thread existed. 2 other people are having the same issue. Thank you very much for this beautiful work you've done.
Its like the shader/sol isn't being applied to the saved replay.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol-doesnt-show-weather-in-saved-replays.164175/

Everything is absolutely perfect with SOL and the latest shader (70fps nearly maxed settings, 16 car grid).
Tera21's Bathurst rain version and SOL rain(wet track), 16 car grid. Sunrise at 7am (time X 6) 2 laps.

Everything looks Awesome in the lights at sun rise and the weather. During race etc.
Watching the replay, before saving - the sun rises, beautiful clouds and track lighting, cars lights, water spray etc.

Save the race (not changing the name or anything).
Exit.
Go into CM and play the replay.

And its pitch black outside, with water spray, track and car lighting.
I have Zero mods installed, no changing files etc or 'tweaking'. Just SOL and the latest shader.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 3 20.0%