Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
hello, for a while I have problems with the traffic lights on the edge of the track, they no longer work, I tried to reset the sun and install the latest version but I have not solved, can someone help me? thank you
Have you tried enabling global illumination controlled by Sol in the Sol Config under the rightside UI?

Have a few odd things going on with the new 1.6

- the harshest weather conditions (heavy rain, hurricane, etc.) produce nearly black clouds and basically turns noon to night, yet everything is fine in earlier versions.

- Sol Rain produces flat low res 2D cloud texture, but appears normal (3D) under earlier versions.

I used the uninstall.bat, installed CSP 1.52 or above (rainFX preview), and defaulted Sol Config.
Assuming the Sol 1.6 option is an early access or preview?

Thanks.

Have you tried enabling global illumination controlled by Sol in the Sol Config under the rightside UI?

Thank you for the answer, I tried to balance global lighting through G but it did not solve the problem, both the traffic lights at the exit of the pits and on the track are not lit, I attach a photo to identify the problem.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20200719_180253_LI~1.jpg
    InkedIMG_20200719_180253_LI~1.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 103
Thank you for the answer, I tried to balance global lighting through G but it did not solve the problem, both the traffic lights at the exit of the pits and on the track are not lit, I attach a photo to identify the problem.
No problem,
I don't know much about this but figured any advice could hold you over until the developer returns.
Maybe try deleting and redownloading the latest track config/VAO.

Edit: I too am waiting for some assistance so might as well pitch a few ideas.

Might be a silly question, but is there a way to make sol_config files that load certain values based on the ppfilter you use? Different filters require me to make different sol_config changes in the app to render correctly on my machine. I sometimes forget what filters need what changes so I was wondering if there was a way to link certain values to a specific filter? I guess I could manually edit each filter with the values I need, but was curious if it could be done another way? Something like an 'if' command that points to a specific filter name and then defines certain values.

Might be a silly question, but is there a way to make sol_config files that load certain values based on the ppfilter you use? Different filters require me to make different sol_config changes in the app to render correctly on my machine. I sometimes forget what filters need what changes so I was wondering if there was a way to link certain values to a specific filter? I guess I could manually edit each filter with the values I need, but was curious if it could be done another way? Something like an 'if' command that points to a specific filter name and then defines certain values.
It's called "sol custom config" :

Look at _Sol and _Sol_Extra ppfilter and many other ppfilters here at RD have a sol custom config.

Also there is a Discord server where they work on filters. :

View attachment 385415

Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
CSP 0.1.52
Sol. 1.6

Does anyone get the "can't run weather script - attempt to call a nil value" CM error info still with 1.6.1 RC2?

I released a new beta in Sol's Discord

If someone also got this error, please try the new beta and report back.

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, improvements, new sky preset, new features

Sol 1.5.5 + 1.6.1

Sol is being further developed with a new sky environment. With this, there are only procedural generated clouds. Sol 1.5.x marks the state, where 2d clouds and a modified base of 3d clouds are used. So i decided to split the releases into Sol 1.5.x, a final version and the beginning of a new sky development - Sol 1.6 and higher.

With this release, you can switch those two branches easily in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dear Sol users,

For now, please avoid to install "Adam's Sol Enhanced" until it is in the right format.
It will overwrite all Sol files. You must reinstall Sol to use again all functionalities...

Sorry for the trouble....

It looks great, but in the replay it always starts at night, at 00:00. Then jump to the day. It was happening to me before the update ... I installed something wrong?

Sol_weather.png

Weird problem in CM with the Sol Config and Sol Weather app on the latest version of Sol. In the CM apps list, my Sol Config options are the same options as Sol Weather. I no longer have the Save Load and app scale options, but rather all of Sol Weather options instead. Any ideas on what's causing that?

EDIT: Sort of fixed the problem. I deleted the Sol Config folder from the app\python directory and copied the Sol Config folder from the previous version into the app\python directory and everything seems fine now. Guess I will have to use an older Sol Config app version with the newest Sol version. Hope that doesn't cause any problems.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea