Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
amazing mod tbh one of the only mods that have made my jaw drop over the years.

However, is there a way to map or press a buttom for random (not dynamic weather) while in game. So if i select random weather in CM, but then go to race it stays that way until either i go to the sol config app and click something else. or reboot the session.

IF we could have an option in the sol config app or a simple button that chooses a random weather for us be cool! Without the need to reboot session. Im not a fan of the dynamic plans as i get horrendous ffps drops when its changing weather in VR. So maybe every restart of a session randomise the static weather variations again I don't mean changing dynamic weather

anyway just a thought!

cheers again SOL!

Last edited:
If you want to have a random weather but isn’t dynamic in a race, so like static weather but randomises every session use this.

Then enable it in the sol weather app in car. This has a light drizzle but no extreme weather. Enuf to make it feel like its raining, but not enough to make track wet irl

paste into the random file already in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather-controllers\sol\weather_plans:

--[[ avialable weather types :
LightThunderstorm, Thunderstorm, HeavyThunderstorm
LightDrizzle, Drizzle, HeavyDrizzle
LightRain, Rain, HeavyRain
LightSnow, Snow, HeavySnow
LightSleet, Sleet, HeavySleet
Clear, FewClouds, ScatteredClouds, BrokenClouds, OvercastClouds
Fog, Mist, Smoke, Haze
Sand, Dust
Squalls, Tornado, Hurricane
Windy
Hail
]]

-- You can randomize things with the random() function

-- To randomize the weather type, use this format
-- random({"Type1", "Type4", "Type15", "Type28"})

-- To randomize a number, use this format to get a random number between 0 and 10
-- random(0, 10)

-- add a weather in the sequence by calling add_weather_slot()
__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = random({"NoClouds", "Clear", "FewClouds", "ScatteredClouds", "Windy", "BrokenClouds", "OvercastClouds", "Fog", "Mist", "Haze", "LightDrizzle", "Drizzle"}),

-- hold this weather for n seconds
time_holding = 1000,

-- change to next weather in n seconds / if -1 -> no change
time_changing = -1,

-- temperatures
temperature_ambient = random(10.5, 29.5),
temperature_road = random(10, 30),

-- wind
wind_direction = random(0, 360),
wind_speed = random(2, 20),
})

weather = random({"LightRain", "Rain", "HeavyRain"}),

-- hold the weather for random time between 60 and 120 seconds
time_holding = random(60,120),
time_changing = random(240,300),
temperature_ambient = random(10,17),
})

weather = "OvercastClouds",

time_holding = random(120,240),
time_changing = random(60,180),

wind_speed = 15,
})

weather = random({"LightDrizzle", "LightRain", "LightSleet"}),

time_holding = random(60,120),
time_changing = random(120,240),
temperature_ambient = random(10,20),
temperature_road = random(15,25),
wind_speed = random(5,15),
})

...try it yourself? How should we know?

In general AC runs better with CSP and SOL than Vanilla, depends on what special settings you activate in CSP.

Obviously I still don't have my computer but I'm considering to buy one with this GPU. Also obviously you can answer the question if you have this graphics card. Thanks anyway.

I still had a few months ago a GTX 1060 6GB with a I5 4670k CPU and 8 GB RAM .... and there was just an exception I had to do with CSP and SOL .... not activate the extraFX feature which was demanding a bit too much for a good fps result.

I still had a few months ago a GTX 1060 6GB with a I5 4670k CPU and 8 GB RAM .... and there was just an exception I had to do with CSP and SOL .... not activate the extraFX feature which was demanding a bit too much for a good fps result.

I will second what he said. I have that card and I cannot use ExtraFX unless I am driving alone. Strange thing is even if I deactivate every option in ExtraFX but still leave it turned on, I lose frame rates. I would have thought that deactivating every option would be the same as not having it on but I guess not.

Good idea to have tested all that ;)....
but finally without a perfect result ! :O_o:....

At first sight this should mean that once activated it does something even if nothing is turned on ?? .... the options being finally only settings ?

Hey is SOL configuration not available in content manager lite?
I've done as said in the install pdf but I can't find some options for troubleshooting in content manager lite
Can anyone help

hello, for a while I have problems with the traffic lights on the edge of the track, they no longer work, I tried to reset the sun and install the latest version but I have not solved, can someone help me? thank you

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.