Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
You can switch it only in CM. So just do an Alt-Tab while ingame and open CM. Then switch the versions in weatherFX.

If the custom_config (lua) is located in "/extension/weather/sol", it will be updated with every change...

Thanks. Thought one of the in game apps had the switch. Never thought of the obvious way to do it.

I think I understand about the custom_config. Will try it out and see what happens.

Hey Peter, when I choose Sol 1.5.x in the weather script options, I've got the 3D moving clouds, but when I choose the 1.6 version, the clouds are still moving but look 2D. And also, page 6 in the Sol config app isn't the same anymore. Are my findings normal behevior?
I use VR, and have CSP 1.61 installed at the moment.
Thank you very much for making all these weather options possible

Hey Peter, when I choose Sol 1.5.x in the weather script options, I've got the 3D moving clouds, but when I choose the 1.6 version, the clouds are still moving but look 2D. And also, page 6 in the Sol config app isn't the same anymore. Are my findings normal behevior?
I use VR, and have CSP 1.61 installed at the moment.
Thank you very much for making all these weather options possible
Yes sol 1.6 differ from Sol1.5.x alot, also in the config. Sol 1.6 has a new developed sky. This are the first steps in making it. In some situations the clouds look flat, but while day they should have kind of a 3d look.

It's normal that even at the brightest hour of the day, on the brightest months If I turn the headlights ON I can STILL see the the light beam on the road?

What can I do to correct this?

It's normal that even at the brightest hour of the day, on the brightest months If I turn the headlights ON I can STILL see the the light beam on the road?

What can I do to correct this?
Just use _Sol_Extra filter, or activate this one:
1593345098170.png

Hey, I love Sol, it's fantastic. I am having some problems with clouds in the latest version though. I'm using CSP 0.1.61 and sol 1.5.4 + 1.6. Here's what I'm seeing with the clouds in various circumstances.

When using 1.6 I get some cloud pop-in. Is there a setting I'm missing that can get rid of this or make the transition between detail levels more smooth.

Here is how it looks at first:
1593365093342.png

and then I get a little closer and the details instantly pop in

1593365068726.png

I can back up and move forward and consistently make the details pop out and back in.

I switched to sol 1.5.4 with 3d clouds and I see this seam:

1593364930268.png

2d clouds work fine. I saw the seam with 3d clouds in the last version of Sol too. Are there settings on my end I can tweak for these issues?

EDIT: In the interest of being thorough I downgraded CSP to 0.1.52 and am seeing the same thing with the cloud pop in and the seam.

Last edited:
Thank you for Sol. It's really great. I've only some minor problems / bugs with the latest version 1.5.4/1.6. I use CSP 1.61.

When I use 1.5.4 and sol config v0.87 the "Exposure fix" (ta exp fix, %) on page 16 doesn't work anymore. When I switch to 1.6 in CSP the "Exposure fix" (ta exp fix, %) on page 18 of sol config v0.87 works without a problem. I've tested it with several tracks and it's always the same. With sol 1.5.3 and sol config 0.8 the "Exposure fix" works with these tracks.

When I start the weather app 9.92 with one of the 4 app profiles of AC, the grey text is always missing and I can't see the line with date and time. I have to close the app and start it again to see the text. When the app is still open at the start of AC or I start it by clicking on the app icon, the grey text is always displayed correctly. The weather app 9.7 doesn't have this problem.

Thank you for Sol. It's really great. I've only some minor problems / bugs with the latest version 1.5.4/1.6. I use CSP 1.61.

When I use 1.5.4 and sol config v0.87 the "Exposure fix" (ta exp fix, %) on page 16 doesn't work anymore. When I switch to 1.6 in CSP the "Exposure fix" (ta exp fix, %) on page 18 of sol config v0.87 works without a problem. I've tested it with several tracks and it's always the same. With sol 1.5.3 and sol config 0.8 the "Exposure fix" works with these tracks.

When I start the weather app 9.92 with one of the 4 app profiles of AC, the grey text is always missing and I can't see the line with date and time. I have to close the app and start it again to see the text. When the app is still open at the start of AC or I start it by clicking on the app icon, the grey text is always displayed correctly. The weather app 9.7 doesn't have this problem.
Thanks, will look at this and try to fix it with a next version

Hi Peter and again I would just like to say what a fantastic mod Sol is, I have just just came back to Assetto corsa after quite a while and I had to reinstall almost every thing but its well worth it, I'm literally drooling while I'm playing the game :) and I get to drive my favourite bunch of cars ( GT cars made by Race sim studio especially the Ferruccio 55 v12 ;) )
but one small thing I'm running the Sol_Extra filter, (I've also tried the normal Sol and the Sol_VR) but I find that the view from the car is a bit washed out, is there a simple way of adjusting this so as to make it less washed out?

Has anything changed in Sol 1.6 that would impact any dynamic weather plans I created that would require me to re-edit them? I've noticed since switching to Sol 1.6 that my weather transition from one type to another is not a gradual change anymore but rather a sudden one. One second it's cloudy and dark and then next it's bright and sunny. In the past it used to be a nice progressive transition.

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to do my own digging around to see if it's a vram issue or to see if it happens with Sol 1.5.4 so I may have my answer before anyone responds. Thanks for any ideas on what to check.

Hi Peter and again I would just like to say what a fantastic mod Sol is, I have just just came back to Assetto corsa after quite a while and I had to reinstall almost every thing but its well worth it, I'm literally drooling while I'm playing the game :) and I get to drive my favourite bunch of cars ( GT cars made by Race sim studio especially the Ferruccio 55 v12 ;) )
but one small thing I'm running the Sol_Extra filter, (I've also tried the normal Sol and the Sol_VR) but I find that the view from the car is a bit washed out, is there a simple way of adjusting this so as to make it less washed out?

The easiest way I have found to lessen the washed out look in my own filters is to open the Sol Config app and play around with the settings. I have found the best one to start with is Contrast on page 1 (or maybe 2). Increasing the contrast really helps to remove some of the washed out look. Then move to Saturation if a contrast adjustment doesn't do the trick completely. A small tip though. I've found that adding contrast can sometimes darken the image a bit so you may need to bump up the brightness a little bit to compensate. All three settings are on the same page in the config app.

The easiest way I have found to lessen the washed out look in my own filters is to open the Sol Config app and play around with the settings. I have found the best one to start with is Contrast on page 1 (or maybe 2). Increasing the contrast really helps to remove some of the washed out look. Then move to Saturation if a contrast adjustment doesn't do the trick completely. A small tip though. I've found that adding contrast can sometimes darken the image a bit so you may need to bump up the brightness a little bit to compensate. All three settings are on the same page in the config app.

Sorry but I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to all this, do you mean Sol Config app in the content manager and if so where is it ?
I have the content manager open and I just can't find the contrast any where :)

Sorry but I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to all this, do you mean Sol Config app in the content manager and if so where is it ?
I have the content manager open and I just can't find the contrast any where :)

No, I mean the app in the game. If you open up the app list in game by moving the mouse to the right side of the screen, you will find an app named Sol Config (make sure you enable it in the CM app list before entering the game). There you can tweak the Sol settings. You used to be able to tweak some things directly in Content Manager, but for some reason since upgrading to Sol 1.6, I don't see those settings anymore under Sol Config. Maybe Peter can provide some input on how to get them back. Right now the only thing I see in CM for the Sol_Config app is the Save\Load option and the app size multiplier.

EDIT: Think I figured out where my missing options went. Hope I can explain this so it makes sense. I think you have to check the box in CM for Save and Load custom values. Then when you make a change using the in game app, there will be another option in CM that has your changes listed. From there you can tweak things ahead of time instead of having to pause the game to make changes with the in game app.

A little tip and maybe there is a better way to do this. Once you enable the Save\Load option in CM and find the ingame Sol Config app, go through each page (or at least the ones with options you want to fool around with) and tick each option one plus and then one minus to get it back to it's default setting. This will populate the Sol Config section in CM with all of the Sol_Config app options so that you can tweak anything you want outside of the game instead of having to pause the game to make changes.

Last edited:
Is there a hidden setting to adjust the undercar shadows? It appeares too bright here since I moved to CM n SOL, even now when using latest versions with recommended 1.61 CSP in VR (Rift CV1). The regular shadow settings won't do it

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 149 86.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 60 34.9%