Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
got it working and its magnificent! had to COMPLETELY delete everything related to AC and fresh install. only thing i cant get working is getting the new apps to show up in game. they are activated, but still wont show up. really sucks because i cant turn on rain effects on the windows. also kinda sucks that i have to turn them on manually in the first place, if its raining it should just be raining. only thing i dont like about the mod (its probably a shaders patch thing rather than a sol thing) is in rain the cars get really dirty, like they just drove a few days through rain, mud, and snow. also the headlights seem to project unreasonably far. like, i get we want to be able to see while going fast, but cmon, thats the excitement/challenge of night racing. i dont want the next half mile of track in front of me to look like midday sun is shining.

• Deleted member 197115

Just drop brightness in Lighing FX to something like 200 so it looks more like night.

VR over pancake racing any day of the week for me :cool: plus I messed with my settings a little bit and have it pretty dialed in. Just gotta put in the effort to find what graphical settings work best for your system.
I was the same for over 18 months, VR exclusive, wouldn't even consider pancake mode until I moved my rig back over to my 55" 4k TV to play AMS again and loved it! So I decided to get a 40" 4k monitor and put it up against my wheel base and am back in love with 4k glory :)

If you have gbw installed does sol just overwrite it or do you have to uninstall it first
The pieces that are shared by G&BW and Sol are overwritten when you install Sol; you don't have to go hunting for them. You do, however, need to disable G&BW's weather types, as described in detail in the Sol documentation.

got it working and its magnificent! had to COMPLETELY delete everything related to AC and fresh install. only thing i cant get working is getting the new apps to show up in game. they are activated, but still wont show up. really sucks because i cant turn on rain effects on the windows. also kinda sucks that i have to turn them on manually in the first place, if its raining it should just be raining. only thing i dont like about the mod (its probably a shaders patch thing rather than a sol thing) is in rain the cars get really dirty, like they just drove a few days through rain, mud, and snow. also the headlights seem to project unreasonably far. like, i get we want to be able to see while going fast, but cmon, thats the excitement/challenge of night racing. i dont want the next half mile of track in front of me to look like midday sun is shining.
This is just the start of the whole thing. We could have wait an additional half year to work every thing out, but we decided to release it to show what AC can be. This is also not the product of a company which is getting constant money for it. It's mainly a community project where many parts come together now. But for this we have to build up interfaces to work together. This needs time. And the cars get dirty because the wet mod uses a workaround to get spray and sparkles to the normal road. It just sets the road to dirt part. With the development of the new particles this will be fixed again. BUT IT NEEDS TIME TO DO THIS.

RIFT VR User...FPS Drop?

I gone from a standard Vanilla AC (for 3years) to CM and also installed the Shaders Light Patch along Sol 1.0, so everything is working as it should and looks great.

However, as I only race in VR (Rift), I notice the framerate has significantly dropped and fluctuates a lot more than the standard Vanilla AC. In Vanilla, I get a good 90fps apart from the start of the grid.

Now using CM and Sol1.0, I get around 45fps as I always have AWS on Auto in the Oculus tray tool (this was the case with Vanilla setup).

As I’m new to CM, there’s seems to be a lot more video settings options and not sure what best to adjust, can you advise what settings to turn on or off to get a better fps in VR (rift), when I launch CM, I guessing the settings are ported from the vanilla setup, is this correct? If so I’ve not change anything as such.

I love CM and the Sol1.0 mod, but the fps drop is bothering me so much so that I cannot concentrate on the race. Any advice or set up would be appreciated.

My system is i7-4600k, 1080gpu, 16gb Ram.

@Peter Boese is it possible to use some of the 'wet' weathers (like 'typhoon') with a dry track, ie without spray being generated behind the car? My preferred skies are always the 'moody' ones but I often don't want a wet track. 'Autumn' from the original GBW was easily my favourite - it's awesome having lightly-clouded blue skies and sun in front of you then go around a bend to be faced with black rain-clouds approaching, like a cloudburst could be possible at any time.

If you could add a sky that closely resembles 'Autumn' from GBW then I'd be one eternally grateful bunny as I don't think there's any current weathers in Sol that quite capture that fantastic atmosphere.

Also, is it possible for user-created weathers to be shared? If so, then I'm surprised I haven't seen any yet.

Thanks.

RIFT VR User...FPS Drop?

I gone from a standard Vanilla AC (for 3years) to CM and also installed the Shaders Light Patch along Sol 1.0, so everything is working as it should and looks great.

However, as I only race in VR (Rift), I notice the framerate has significantly dropped and fluctuates a lot more than the standard Vanilla AC. In Vanilla, I get a good 90fps apart from the start of the grid.

Now using CM and Sol1.0, I get around 45fps as I always have AWS on Auto in the Oculus tray tool (this was the case with Vanilla setup).

As I’m new to CM, there’s seems to be a lot more video settings options and not sure what best to adjust, can you advise what settings to turn on or off to get a better fps in VR (rift), when I launch CM, I guessing the settings are ported from the vanilla setup, is this correct? If so I’ve not change anything as such.

I love CM and the Sol1.0 mod, but the fps drop is bothering me so much so that I cannot concentrate on the race. Any advice or set up would be appreciated.

My system is i7-4600k, 1080gpu, 16gb Ram.
Please try the new beta os Sol. Its now compatible if PP is deactivated, which gives you much more performance.
https://discord.gg/fM8zVzP
Please open the sol_config.lua in /extension/weather/sol and set nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing = true.

Hey Peter,

The Reshade log file is filled with this error (multiple lines every seconds):
[06612] | ERROR | Failed to create depth stencil replacement resource view! HRESULT is '0x80070057'.

I tried to update Reshade manually but it didn't change anything. Can this have any impact on performance?

Hey Peter,

The Reshade log file is filled with this error:
[06612] | ERROR | Failed to create depth stencil replacement resource view! HRESULT is '0x80070057'.

I tried to update Reshade manually but it didn't change anything. Can this have any impact on performance?
Does this happens if you switch off all shaders?

I'm not sure of a question someone asked me .... concerning the use of SOL in private and racing online.
Is it necessary to unactivate something in CM ... before joining a usual server ?

I quickly tried it yesterday night without unactivating anything and it seemed to work as usual without any problem ( the "normal" weathers being used in this case ).

Should it be better at the minimum to check if time acceleration in CM is not set too high ?

I have no clouds at all on any of these new weather setups. Followed the instructions to the letter and the only clouds that work now are with the default weathers. Any idea what could be wrong?

Mid Clear (Default)
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_monza_24-1-119-9-57-15.jpg

Windy (Sol)
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_monza_24-1-119-9-57-56.jpg

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I will try the new Beta 3 version of Sol 1.1, also do I turn off all the PP entirely or set some settings to off? sorry new to CM....
Goto settings->assetto corsa->video and switch off postprocessing

Then open /extension/weather/sol/sol_config.lua and search for nopp__use_sol_without_postprocessing and set it to true.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 98 72.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 28 20.6%