Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Look at the video on the overview page.
Gotcha, thanks. So I am on 1.4, if I want to update to 1.42 what do I do? I followed the 1.4 manual to initially instal 1.4 but could not see anything about upgrading, I already have CSP 1.39 installed.
No doubt it is something simple that I have overlooked!!
Cheers

Gotcha, thanks. So I am on 1.4, if I want to update to 1.42 what do I do? I followed the 1.4 manual to initially instal 1.4 but could not see anything about upgrading, I already have CSP 1.39 installed.
No doubt it is something simple that I have overlooked!!
Cheers
It the same procedure for every update. The zip is always a complete install...

Tried googling for the headlight issue but can't seem to find anything. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction? Or how to edit this issue, wouldn't mind doing it myself if it comes to it.

Wondering if someone could test this custom pp filter I made. It's based off the _Sol_Extra filter so if you can't use that filter for performance reasons, then i'd suggest you don't try it.

I realize everyone has their screens configured differently so it may not look good on your screen, but what I tried to do was create something a bit warmer in color than the original _Sol_Extra filter. I wanted something that looked more summertime...ish. I'd say it falls in color somewhere between the _Sol_Extra filter and the _Sol_ACC filter.

If you give it a shot, you can PM me any thoughts or suggestions. No sense using this thread for that. Wasn't even sure this was the right place to post this but since it was Sol related, I thought i'd have a better chance getting a tester here.

File: Alt_Sol_Extra

back to the rev LED lights on the steering wheels. I am running Sol 1.40 and CSP 136. I do see some green, yellow, the blue colour in the in-game lights but it is either very faded or far too bright. Past combinations of SoL and CSP did not affect the rev lights and using CSP 128 was the last time things looked normal. I use the "in car view with some steering wheel for most of my driving and really miss the colourful, sharp looking rev LED lights.

back to the rev LED lights on the steering wheels. I am running Sol 1.40 and CSP 136. I do see some green, yellow, the blue colour in the in-game lights but it is either very faded or far too bright. Past combinations of SoL and CSP did not affect the rev lights and using CSP 128 was the last time things looked normal. I use the "in car view with some steering wheel for most of my driving and really miss the colourful, sharp looking rev LED lights.
not a known issue, go back to csp v0.1.28 then if it works there, there is no specific option to address that

I have tried downgrading to previous versions of Sol (1.3.2) and way back to CSP 0.1.2.5 183 and I can no longer retrieve colour in the rev light LEDs. Look very faded with no colour. Is there a residual file in remaining from some of the later versions that I've not overwritten or that need to be deleted?

Sorry if obvious, but are you on a pp filter like the ks natural that reduces saturation instead of a _Sol* one (or made for it), or have you reduced the main saturation setting from 100% on the regular video options? (ctrl+shift+ numpad +/- will change it ingame)

I have been running with ppf "On" and have been using the _Sol setting for months with no issues. Installed everything as per the Sol manual.....Brightness set to 100%. Tried using the _Sol_extra filter and a few of the others and saw little if any colour in the LEDs.
so.....I just tried running with ppf "off" and now see some colour again in the wheel rev LEDs. It must be related to the ppfs and trying to use the more recent versions pf Sol and CSP.

just turned ppf back on tried running _Sol_extra filter. Played with the in game video colouration adjustment (ctrl+shift+ num pad + or -) and presto, I can tune the overall colour balance - including the rev light LEDs. Thanks for the guidance!

Glad you figured it,
I wasn't pointing to Brightness (either main ac exposure setting/or csp's lighting fx), I meant Saturation (cm>settings>assetto corsa>video, under post-processing), which is another main video setting that will work on top of the currently selected pp filter, and for which that shortcut acts on ingame.

Last edited:
I was about to post pretty much the same screen shot as above. It's gorgeous, no doubt about it, but is there a way to disable or turn the effect down please?

I found another way to adjust the sun glare if you wanted to keep the Luminace setting at the default 1.6 in case you find it messes with any other lighting effects. For this you might need notepad++ because it requires editing the .lua file.

Open the _Sol_Extra.lua file with notepad++. Look around line 88 for the Section marked Dazzle Effect and lower the value for the sun__dazzle_strength setting. Same rule applies here to make a backup or note the original value.

I've decided to go this route myself because I figured the glare setting in the pp filter might have something to do with light glare for all lights, where the .lua file adjustment seems to only work on the sun effect.

Sorry if it has been already asked.
I installed CSP and SOL as explained in the PDF from discord.
I tried it quickly the Tokyo SRP at night on my monitor with game pad, everything was nice and beautiful.
Then I switch to my cockpit which only has VR, and the left eyes is super bright and right eye is darker than the monitors.
Do somebody else have the issue and how to fix it?
Thanks
Cheers.

Sorry if it has been already asked.
I installed CSP and SOL as explained in the PDF from discord.
I tried it quickly the Tokyo SRP at night on my monitor with game pad, everything was nice and beautiful.
Then I switch to my cockpit which only has VR, and the left eyes is super bright and right eye is darker than the monitors.
Do somebody else have the issue and how to fix it?
Thanks
Cheers.
You have to try out different versions of CSP. Some users said it ok with that or with that version. I think there are many little things to cause this, but it's different for different users. Maybe try the CSP versions from version 1.30 to 1.39.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 77 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.4%