Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
known problem for triple monitor setups and maybe VR too: lights only appearing when nearby
try this slightly older version of the patch: 0.1.33preview4: https://mega.nz/#!2sxE2IKJ!Rdv66cUNgZcr2G5CLjFMK086risMVIN7DgRr91TeXGo
(install manually, its not available for install in CM ui)
Thanks for the info and the link :) (I have the same problem as @Lynx2000 )
How do I install that version you've linked to? I just unpack it all into the AC root folder and let it overwrite everything, right? Or, even safer, would be to use JGSME, no?

Thanks for that, what is the difference between the smart and real mirrors? I also noticed grass is off by default, does that make that much difference?
Smart mirror is the CSP modul, where all new functions and features of new mirror-reflections are bundled. "real mirror" is a feature of smart mirror. With this activated you see the whole car with interior and your head movement. This will eat some fps. But I found a setting, where this is not that critical. Just look in the manual.

GrassFX is not the fps eating with CSP version 1.37 on. Just try out your self. There is a render stats app coming with AC.

Smart mirror is the CSP modul, where all new functions and features of new mirror-reflections are bundled. "real mirror" is a feature of smart mirror. With this activated you see the whole car with interior and your head movement. This will eat some fps. But I found a setting, where this is not that critical. Just look in the manual.

GrassFX is not the fps eating with CSP version 1.37 on. Just try out your self. There is a render stats app coming with AC.
Thanks Peter, very informative.

Be careful though, the setting you described here Peter adds a very odd behaviour on some mod cars at the interior mirror (they look like a slideshow with the half of the normal FPS). I have had to re-do this after following your settings.

Thanks Peter, very informative.
Be careful though, the setting you described here Peter adds a very odd behaviour on some mod cars at the interior mirror (they look like a slideshow with the half of the normal FPS). I have had to re-do this after following your settings.
Yes, that's right. You can use this settings, if you play with 100+ fps. Than the 1/2 fps in the mirrors is not annoying.

Thanks for the info and the link :) (I have the same problem as @Lynx2000 )
How do I install that version you've linked to? I just unpack it all into the AC root folder and let it overwrite everything, right? Or, even safer, would be to use JGSME, no?
yes, open archive, go into the folders until you see this
1580399587990.png

then unpack all to ac root, overwriting
jgsme is fine too, but if you never used it before, dont use it
if you undo the install with it, it makes everything like before (maybe its going to make all not working like before)

Not sure if this has to do with Sol or not, but...

My in-game time is all of a sudden wrong? When the clock is night, the in game weather/sun is daylight, and when it's day its vice-versa.

I dont think I changed anything, at least not that I know of? Tried installing Sol 1.4.2 today and reinstalling CSP, but its still the same.

Edit: Hmm, not on all tracks? I mostly play Drift Playground at the moment to practice, and that track has that issue, but some other tracks do not. Ive tried reinstalling the Track config in CSP to no avail..

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question, BUT, where do I locate/find the "There are 4 PPFilters coming with Sol: "?

I have CM as well as having installed lasted SOL version and is running perfectly. I am intrigued to try the 4 pp filters.

Is this the intended look of sun glare?

Any way to reduce that to sane levels?

I've been fooling around with this and I found a way to reduce it, but I think it will have an adverse effect on lights at night. It has to do with the Luminance setting under the Glare section of the _Sol_Extra pp filter.

If you use CM, go to Content - Miscellaneous - PP Filters so you can edit the filter. I'd suggest making a backup of the filter or note the original value before you make a change. Find the Glare section and reduce the Luminance number to your liking. I found 1.0 worked well.

As I said, I didn't test any night driving to see what effect changing this number has on track and car lights so you may end up having to set it back to it's original number of 1.6.

Another odd thing was I tried to clone the filter and give it a new name to create my own filter to test with but for some reason the game didn't read the filter properly. When I cloned it and didn't make any changes, the game rendered differently using the cloned version vs. the original. Everything got real bright even though the two filters had the exact same settings. It's almost like Sol is coded in some way to only read certain filter names or something because I don't understand why two filters with the exact same settings render differently.

EDIT: Figured out the what was wrong with my cloned version. I need to have a .lua file with the same name to go along with my filter to get the right lighting. Now I can go ahead and test things without ruining the original files.

EDIT2: Did some screenshot comparisons of night time using my custom filter with the reduced luminance setting vs. the original _Sol_Extra filter and I didn't see any difference between the two. Hopefully this means you can reduce your glare problem by creating your own filter with the changed value or just editing the original without impacting the night time effects.

Last edited:
If you use CM, go to Content - Miscellaneous - PP Filters so you can edit the filter. I'd suggest making a backup of the filter or note the original value before you make a change. Find the Glare section and reduce the Luminance number to your liking. I found 1.0 worked well.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Edit: Perfect. The default settings reminds me more of driving into the sun during winter, with an empty windscreen washer tank, unable to get the salt caking from the windscreen :)
But then again it's hard to balance something like that with video settings, CSP settings, monitor gamma etc. all playing into it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea