Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hy, im having a unusal problem i guess.

Installed SOL according to the instructions. Started the Game and it seemed to work out like it shoud. Im not sure about the clouds but i think if there is a problem it coud be fixed ony my own. Now the Problem i've got is a bit more complicated.

Im running acserver.exe out of my AC folder. So the Server takes the data from my original content folder. Now since i installed sol i can't start the server manager at all to configure the server inis to start it. I can still host Servers but i can't configure them with the server manager wich can be very timeconsuming to go back to the inis and type in every skin and car for each slot aswell for the track settings. Hope you Guys can fix this at some point.

Here is my Crashlog from the Server Manager:

acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:Zeile 267.

Im sorry it's written in German. (Thx Kunos) :)
This has been answered several posts back. You should upgrade to sol beta 2. Then you can run ac server manager again. You find it on sol discord channel

How do i make it cycle through the day and night ? So 24 hrs in 24 minutes or similar .
A little math is all that's needed. There are 1,440 minutes in a day (24hr x 60min/hr). If you wish to cover that time within a 24 minute window, divide 1440 by 24 to get 60....so 60 is the time multiplier you should insert using the "3-dot" menu accessed to the right of the Content Manager "Drive" menu.

Hi Peter,
There is a way to use Sol without Post Processing filter in AC ?
Not really for now. I haven't tied it in the development. But i'm trying it now and it seems to work with some adjustments. But i have to put in more "nerd" options to change core values of sol. And then its possible to lower all values and you can use it then....

Not really for now. I haven't tied it in the development. But i'm trying it now and it seems to work with some adjustments. But i have to put in more "nerd" options to change core values of sol. And then its possible to lower all values and you can use it then....

Then i hope in next your "magic" touch:)

Then i hope in next your "magic" touch:)
Btw, would anyone know what could be the problem that makes my oculus rift´s right eye lens go distorted (like spilt screen) always when I try to enable PP filters? Left eye is fine. It has behaved like that always with me so I have just turned pp filters off so far. -but now I would like to get pp filter enabled because of this awesome mod :)

20190123001407_1.jpg

Mercedes AMG GT3 at Brands Hatch around 22 hours. Car behind illuminates the cockpit like crazy. It's actually worse in VR. It's not as pronounced in other cars though.

Is this something that can be tweaked ?

Also just tried the Porsche 962 C and that was way better, but was at Spa and car not directly behind in the pits.

Other than that I have to try much more, but this is really awesome !!

There is no winter grass at Spa ?

Damn, that's a beast of a build. I have a 1080ti, 8700K, 32 GB RAM. Driving by myself is not an issue at all. Racing with 20+ cars on track basically locks me in ASW and/or bounces my frame rate around like crazy. Once the field spreads out, it's much better though. I need to do some graphical settings work and figure out a preset that is both friendly for day/night racing. I think it's possible but the game is going to look not-so-great during the day time. Wish VR wasn't so demanding :(
I sold my Rift just because of this :( was sick of the constant compromise! I was spending so much time in menu's trying to get rid of ASW that I was just not having fun, back to 4k Ultra is brilliant :)

Thanks Guys, I found the time option, wow how good is going through the night and seeing that first sign of sunrise, then that red glow starts to cross the sun! Really impressed that this type of mod exists and that Kunos couldn't do this amazes me! I really hope Kunos have offered a job to those behind this great piece of work, I find it hard to call it a mod, it's a game changer ;)

View attachment 287487

Mercedes AMG GT3 at Brands Hatch around 22 hours. Car behind illuminates the cockpit like crazy. It's actually worse in VR. It's not as pronounced in other cars though.

Also just tried the Porsche 962 C and that was way better, but was at Spa and car not directly behind in the pits.

I do not modify the lighting_fx.ini any more. So you can freely edit.
Just try to lower the SPECULAR_MULT

I sold my Rift just because of this :( was sick of the constant compromise! I was spending so much time in menu's trying to get rid of ASW that I was just not having fun, back to 4k Ultra is brilliant :)

VR over pancake racing any day of the week for me :cool: plus I messed with my settings a little bit and have it pretty dialed in. Just gotta put in the effort to find what graphical settings work best for your system.

I've followed each step up to page 14 of the installation guide... and then i am lost from page 15 on... on which files exactly do i have to change the values for PP filter, Headlights and so on....? it's not clear, sorry my fault

• Deleted member 197115

View attachment 287487

Same problem here, it's more Shader Mod than SOL issue. Tried different params, the only way to tame it down was droppong overall brightness in Lighting FX, it defaults to 300% for some reason.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.