Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ive long since had a little problem which I still cant figure out how to resolve and wondered if anyone could assist? Basically, I find the ambient lighting inside the cokpit too high in some cars, especially the BMW 1M. The whole dash, floor and seats are all a pretty flat light grey all the time when in reality this would be quite dark. I have tried changing dynamic ambient light settings in both CSP and Sol config but neither seems to do anything. I can change ambient light on a global level but this then makes the outside dark too which is not what I am trying to achieve, Am I missing something? Running SOL 1.3.1 and CSP 0.1.25-preview205. Thanks for any input.

Guys, you have the Content Manager (CM)? If you do, then it`s an easy-peasy. But if the moderator finds this as too offtopic from Sol please move it to forums.
So, in CM you select a car with the said problem in "Content" and open it in "CM Showroom". Right after that you can left-click select parts of the model:
int1.jpg

Solution to the problem with too bright cockpit is there -> "Material" -> "Change values". Click on the triple column and reach this:
int2.jpg

Observe how the brightness changes immediately when you enter a value and when satisfied with the preview, click save. Select and repeat the above change for other materials that poke your eyes. After all is done try it in game and if necessary do fine-tuning of the values. It`s helpful to increase the light in the "CM Showroom"
int3.jpg

PS. The cockpit of that 1M was really in need of editing. Values for ksAmbient were 2x higher. If you are thorough you should repeat the changes at least for the "bmw_1m_LOD_2.kn5" which opens with CM from the Windows Explorer
int4.jpg

That way the dash would not switch from dark to light in replays.

Last edited:
Have a look at the bottom of the overview at 1st page of this thread and you'll find the Sol Discord Channel link.
There you will find a server tutorial. ;)

Kello

I've a pb with sol_check_config()
line78: ambient_blue_shadows = math.max(0, math.min(1, ambient_blue_shadows))
error: function min expect a value

It's good when I replace by
ambient_blue_shadows = math.max(0, math.min(1, 1))

Thanks for your help

Guys, you have the Content Manager (CM)? If you do, then it`s an easy-peasy. But if the moderator finds this as too offtopic from Sol please move it to forums.
So, in CM you select a car with the said problem in "Content" and open it in "CM Showroom". Right after that you can left-click select parts of the model:
View attachment 330154
Solution to the problem with too bright cockpit is there -> "Material" -> "Change values". Click on the triple column and reach this:
View attachment 330155
Observe how the brightness changes immediately when you enter a value and when satisfied with the preview, click save. Select and repeat the above change for other materials that poke your eyes. After all is done try it in game and if necessary do fine-tuning of the values. It`s helpful to increase the light in the "CM Showroom"
View attachment 330157
PS. The cockpit of that 1M was really in need of editing. Values for ksAmbient were 2x higher. If you are thorough you should repeat the changes at least for the "bmw_1m_LOD_2.kn5" which opens with CM from the Windows Explorer
View attachment 330163
That way the dash would not switch from dark to light in replays.

Wait. All of that is in CM?

No more 3dSimED and Blender for this?

Guys, you have the Content Manager (CM)? If you do, then it`s an easy-peasy....
Not all heros wear capes! Thanks mate this has worked perfectly and I could never for the life of me figure out what it was causing the problem. Ive had it for years! Many thanks for taking the time to reply! This is the icing on the cake for me with the SOL mod.

problem is that all cars get a too bright cockpit at night in races when the car from behind gets closer

What you have is a VR-specific problem with auto exposure in PP-filters. Some long time ago it was discussed and there are some tips for solution. Try different PP-filters or disable PP altogether to check if that changes the cockpit at night. Open in editor the filter from "..\AssettoCorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\" that you prefer to use and look for
AE.jpg

Options: disable it "=0" or decrease "MAX=0.55" until you get good result in game.

• Deleted member 197115

I have the same question, did you end up finding out?
https://discordapp.com/channels/533310059405377546/542750013743431690/610890139903721486
- PPFilter "Sol" base filter, this is now a "safe" filter to be used as a reference
- PPFilter/CC "__Sol_Extra", former Sol filter, warm & well balanced, activated Sol extra controls
- PPFilter/CC "__Sol_ACC", colder colors, brighter sky, activated Sol extra controls
- PPFilter/CC "__Sol_HC", neutral colors, high contrast, bright sky, activated Sol extra controls
__Sol_VR used to be __Sol_Extra with some tweaks for VR and defaul.lua matching __Sol_VR.lua.
In the latest alpha Peter started experimenting with exposure and gamma settings in Sol_Extra, so it's deviated from Sol_VR.

Good Morning P.B. ;-))
without sol, assetto corsa is nothing! SOL its great.
Please excuse my english, I am an old German.
I have a problem, but maybe you can help." Particel FX " with activ new smoke and dust, with
three more changes on this page. The new Spray ist GREAT and with color brown.
In the rain there is no more spray! By WET Tracks its the spray BROWN!
Have tried other settings, but without success.
Can you help me or us? Thank you very much and greetings

Good evening everyone , I need some help with sun glare/ god rays from the videos I've seen of other people my settings are very minimal . Where do i go to adjust sun glare/god rays to be more pronounced? I'm running in VR. Also should I have PP disabled or enabled ? Thank you for the help.

What you have is a VR-specific problem with auto exposure in PP-filters. Some long time ago it was discussed and there are some tips for solution. Try different PP-filters or disable PP altogether to check if that changes the cockpit at night. Open in editor the filter from "..\AssettoCorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\" that you prefer to use and look for

Options: disable it "=0" or decrease "MAX=0.55" until you get good result in game.
Hi!
Thank you very much for the feedback, I'm gonna try it today and let you know what was the result.
Cheers :thumbsup:

gonna try it today

Actually to try it I found that it`s a bit tricky. After you load the game and get the unwanted brightness at night (better tested stationary in front of start grid of kunos cars ...) you change the values in editor and see no effect - you have to change the PP-filters forth and back, and then move the view in cockpit with "Neck FX" > right click dragging so the AE picks the new values (or glance back/ switch "F5" and "F1" for a second). Tried it with
TARGET=0.45 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
changed to "TARGET=0.85" and moved the head. Works like a charm. To assure the AE keeps the dynamic exposure from exceeding the threshold I decreased the static exposure to 0 (hold PgDown until reaching it).

Attachments

• Screenshot_adc_holden_maloo_ute__420_doriftomountain_0.3_31-10-119-19-22-44.jpg
    Screenshot_adc_holden_maloo_ute__420_doriftomountain_0.3_31-10-119-19-22-44.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_adc_holden_maloo_ute__420_doriftomountain_0.3_31-10-119-19-22-53.jpg
    Screenshot_adc_holden_maloo_ute__420_doriftomountain_0.3_31-10-119-19-22-53.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Actually to try it I found that it`s a bit tricky. After you load the game and get the unwanted brightness at night (better tested stationary in front of start grid of kunos cars ...) you change the values in editor and see no effect - you have to change the PP-filters forth and back, and then move the view in cockpit with "Neck FX" > right click dragging so the AE picks the new values. Tried it with
TARGET=0.45 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
changed to "TARGET=0.85" and moved the head. Works like a charm.
Wow!
Thanks a lot, I'll try it tonight as soon as I get home. So, you could reproduce the issue, this is comforting.
Cheers, my friend!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back