Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
hello I have this problem I get this when I activate the sun mod I do not know that it fails or it can help me I like driving a lot at night and the sun mod is the best that it doesView attachment 327966

You need to install -205. You have to do that by direct download and direct placement in the AC folder. The version currently pulled in by Content Manager is not new enough.

I just installed Sol and it really adds to the game. But could someone explain the difference between selecting _Sol and _Simple. In the document it says _Simple is better optimized for VR and triples (I am using VR). But if I use _Simple and select rain I don't have rain at all. Night and day works fine. If it is _Sol then everything works. Is it supposed to be like this? Thanks.

but version 0.1.25-preview 205 is not unstable? It is not recommended but I can see what happens
Yeah. The shader people have not approved of the version required by the newest Sol, which obviously thinks the new shader patch is cool.

I am running current Sol and shader patch -205 with no problems except for the high-beams flash disabling high-beams. The only thing nagging me is that I will have to do one future shader patch update manually, since I did this update manually.

My ISP must block the site that hosts the data for the custom shaders patch.

Without using a proxy server, I can't access https://acstuff.ru/patch/ (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT) and when I start a session from Content Manager using Sol, the "Loading Data for Custom Shaders" times out after a couple minutes.

When I do use a proxy server, I can access that site just fine and my sessions load within seconds.

To get around the minor annoyance of connecting to a proxy server before running a session, is there a way that I can bypass the automatic downloads for the custom shaders each time I start a session?

Thank you kindly for your help.

My ISP must block the site that hosts the data for the custom shaders patch.
[...]
When I do use a proxy server, I can access that site just fine and my sessions load within seconds.

To get around the minor annoyance of connecting to a proxy server before running a session, is there a way that I can bypass the automatic downloads for the custom shaders each time I start a session?

Thank you kindly for your help.

I recall that CM has a proxy setting.

I have updated sol to 1.3.1 with shader patch 205.

No problem at all following peter's advices and manual.

Assetto corsa looks just fantastic, but with the constant addition of new features, I feel lucky to own a pc which can handle that. With time, It will slowly become difficult to keep 100 fps at all time, but what a result !!

I would have a question about extrafx.
They bring something special to the game , but at an heavy cost. Where could we find detailed infos on every options available ? (I just tried peter parameters on page 121).

Nordschleife at 18:15 with scatered clouds looks just insane.

Good question, Manu ... it should be fine to know which are the features in extraFX that can bring a good effect without costing too many fps.
That's why I need to unactivate this extraFX as long as my PC is not upgraded yet... without more info about each setting in this options tab.
Surely 25 upto 35 fps cost with Peter's advised settings.

In order to thank peter and the shader patch team, pleade allow me to post these two picture ingame .
this game is seriouslt becoming close to reality.

Thanks for your fantastic job !

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015_ks_nordschleife_11-10-119-20-33-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015_ks_nordschleife_11-10-119-20-33-57.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015_ks_nordschleife_11-10-119-20-39-20.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015_ks_nordschleife_11-10-119-20-39-20.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 309
Hi. Has anyone else noticed these artifacts? I am using CSP 0.125 preview 185 and SOL 1.3.1. Today I changed to preview 205 but the problem was not solved. I have the shadows set in 2048 X 2048. Any suggestions?
20191013141044_1.jpg
20191013141147_1.jpg

I find the sunny weather too dark (especially in moza). Should i change the brightness in the weather/colour curves.ini? Any advice?

Settings in sol config default...

I have Sol 1.3.1 and Shaders Patch 0.1.25-preview205. Is it normal that the tyres are so black losing every detail? How can I fix it? I tried to search into Lighting FX thinking that the solution was there but couldn't find anything.
Screenshot 2019-10-14 23.44.40.png

I find the sunny weather too dark (especially in moza). Should i change the brightness in the weather/colour curves.ini? Any advice?

Settings in sol config default...

Me too i change filter

I try with A3PP_SolAE is better but sunrays is too strong
I try to find where is possible to change value for have less

Hi, Peter
There is a thing concerning Sol which needs CSP to be corrected. On some tracks the time zones don`t work as expected even after entering the correct geo tags in "ui_track.json" files. Managed a quick solution but that`s not beneficial to all.
I couldn`t find other related info on the problem so I`m posting here because Sol is affected the most by this. If you have contact with Ilja or anyone who prepares the installation of the "data_track_params.ini" please ask them to make a change so the file ends up in the correct place for the patch ("..\Users\********\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\" at the moment).
I`m still using CSP 0.1.25-preview140 and don`t know if the newer aren`t corrected already but some other players have experienced same problem recently.
Thank you!

Ive long since had a little problem which I still cant figure out how to resolve and wondered if anyone could assist? Basically, I find the ambient lighting inside the cokpit too high in some cars, especially the BMW 1M. The whole dash, floor and seats are all a pretty flat light grey all the time when in reality this would be quite dark. I have tried changing dynamic ambient light settings in both CSP and Sol config but neither seems to do anything. I can change ambient light on a global level but this then makes the outside dark too which is not what I am trying to achieve, Am I missing something? Running SOL 1.3.1 and CSP 0.1.25-preview205. Thanks for any input.

Ive long since had a little problem which I still cant figure out how to resolve and wondered if anyone could assist? Basically, I find the ambient lighting inside the cokpit too high in some cars, especially the BMW 1M. The whole dash, floor and seats are all a pretty flat light grey all the time when in reality this would be quite dark. I have tried changing dynamic ambient light settings in both CSP and Sol config but neither seems to do anything. I can change ambient light on a global level but this then makes the outside dark too which is not what I am trying to achieve, Am I missing something? Running SOL 1.3.1 and CSP 0.1.25-preview205. Thanks for any input.
Yes, I have the same issue.
Have you tried a night race? Well, for me, when a car is getting closer from behind, it lights up the cockpit making it too bright and at the same time the track in front of the car gets darker and darker, making it impossible to see. I'm in VR 100% of the time.
I already asked for help here but nobody answered and as I follow this thread it's a little bit rare to get some answer. It wasn't always like this, I'm sure that this is temporary, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer so soon (I hope to be wrong).
If I find some solution, I'll let you know.
Cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back