Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Peter, any reason not to make SOL downloadable same as CSP and all tracks/cars/vao configs in CM.
The functionality is there already.
Unless you automate install, there will be people doing it wrong and you spending your time trying to help them out.

Hello, Peter
Pls,,, I installed the csp 185 + sol 1.3 + Texture CCP
Imola and Zandvort were great, but, Brands Hatch is kind of weird
Could you post a screen of your Brands Hatch track for comparison?
I'm in doubt if there's something wrong, see the colors of the grass on my screen.

BRANDS HATCH1.png

Hello, Peter
Pls,,, I installed the csp 185 + sol 1.3 + Texture CCP
Imola and Zandvort were great, but, Brands Hatch is kind of weird
Could you post a screen of your Brands Hatch track for comparison?
I'm in doubt if there's something wrong, see the colors of the grass on my screen.

View attachment 318554
I think it is supposed to be like that. NPTC who made the config for the track likes to have a look of withered grass in the hot months. I do the same with tracks where this is normal in summer time. Just look at vallelunga...

Last edited:
That's fine. I made some texture color corrections for the Konus tracks. The will work with this version also or with any other version. Maybe you like to try this. It's link is in the guide.

Thanks Peter, I downloaded the link. I think I have installed it ( I am not a techie..........lol). As far as I can tell I have not done any damage, although I must admit I am not sure if I see any difference in tracks (from previously). Is there anyway I can check that i have updated correctly ?

Edit: I have checked the individual updated track(s) skin folders within AC folders and they show today's dates for individual files. So I assume that, yes in fact, they have been updated. Many thanks Peter.

Last edited:
Thanks Peter, I downloaded the link. I think I have installed it ( I am not a techie..........lol). As far as I can tell I have not done any damage, although I must admit I am not sure if I see any difference in tracks (from previously). Is there anyway I can check that i have updated correctly ?
Just look at zandvoort. You will notice it.
upload_2019-8-4_9-42-20.png

Its much greener now

Last edited:
The app looks fantastic and I will surely donate if I can get it to work....

I am using content manager and after a blank install I then installed the latest light shader (file name v0 1.25 preview 140) using drag and drop into CM.

I then manually dropped the 4 latest Sol files (1.3) from an extracted down loaded zip file into the AC root.

Sol doesn’t seem to work. There is no change in weather and sky is always blue regardless of time of day. I do see stars at night time but in the clear blue sky in broad “daylight”.

The shadows track however (disappearing at “night’) as time elapses and the wind blows the trees.

When running the mod and checking the ‘sol weather’ in game I see the error message:-

ERROR:extension\weather\sol\sol_weather.lua;388:attempt to call field ‘getCloudsShadow’ (a nil value)

Can somebody advise what I am doing wrong? I have been faithful to the posted sol manual checking and rechecking settings parameters.

I am at a loss now.

Thanks in advance.

The app looks fantastic and I will surely donate if I can get it to work....

I am using content manager and after a blank install I then installed the latest light shader (file name v0 1.25 preview 140) using drag and drop into CM.

I then manually dropped the 4 latest Sol files (1.3) from an extracted down loaded zip file into the AC root.

Sol doesn’t seem to work. There is no change in weather and sky is always blue regardless of time of day. I do see stars at night time but in the clear blue sky in broad “daylight”.

The shadows track however (disappearing at “night’) as time elapses and the wind blows the trees.

When running the mod and checking the ‘sol weather’ in game I see the error message:-

ERROR:extension\weather\sol\sol_weather.lua;388:attempt to call field ‘getCloudsShadow’ (a nil value)

Can somebody advise what I am doing wrong? I have been faithful to the posted sol manual checking and rechecking settings parameters.

I am at a loss now.

Thanks in advance.
PLEASE read the guide!
upload_2019-8-4_13-13-4.png

Last edited:
New Sol looks good overall but I still have the problems I reported a few days ago

It must be the Interior view controlled dyn. amb. brightness feature that makes my open wheel cars look bad in overcast weather. Is there a way to trun this feature off or have it ignore open cockpit cars?

I dont know if the Sol PP filters are working as they should but the default Kunos ones do not look correct.

Also, changing weather while on track causes Dynamic Weather to be automatically enabled next time a track is loaded rather than use weather chosen in CM menu.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.