Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Are you sure you have installed the right version 1.2.4. You can see it in the sol_weather app. It looks like wrong dynamic ambient light. SOl has its own parameters which fits the scene. With a version of CSP, i think it was 110 or so, the code of dynamic ambient light was changed. Sol 1.2.4 take care of this.

You have to activate it here:
View attachment 317742

Or just try to deactivate it - but this will not solve the real problem.

Thanks for the reply. I am using 1.2.4 but this problem did exist in previous 1.2 version too. Dynamic ambient was active but disabling it had no effect.

It looks like there is some sort of auto exposure setting for when inside a car, is this a part of Sol?

cockpit camera angled to the side
iPbYKeR.png

jvjHKfj.png
same camera moved further away from car

I'm not sure if I should count this as Sol or Shader Patch problem, but my Nordschleife track has some weird stuff going on. I use preview140 version on SP and Sol 1.2.4.
The ground is changing color from green to purple tint in a few second cycles. And grass/tree objects far away and some of them close up are turning almost completely transparent. This happens only in Nordschleife, with or with out skins enabled.
Here is a lap, you can notice the effect through out the lap.

At 2:45 trees on the hill are almost invisible, and ground on the right is pulsating from purple to green.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/page-125#post-3007047

Thanks for the reply. I am using 1.2.4 but this problem did exist in previous 1.2 version too. Dynamic ambient was active but disabling it had no effect.

It looks like there is some sort of auto exposure setting for when inside a car, is this a part of Sol?

cockpit camera angled to the side
iPbYKeR.png

jvjHKfj.png
same camera moved further away from car
Could you make a screenshot ingame of the sol_weather app. something looks strange.
DXC222B.png

I've got quite an issue trying to get Sol to work. Currently I can only run in "performance mode", which disables dynamic weather, and results in the same sunny, ridiculously over-exposed/over-reflective conditions regardless of weather. Anytime I try to disable "performance mode" or select any specific weather program, the game crashes. I have installed CSP140 through CM, then SOL1.2.4 manually (as requested). I've attached a screenshot that I hope shows the over-exposed and extremely reflective track surface.
I'm assuming both problems are related in some fashion. I used to have Sol working properly when I also had gBw installed, both through JSGME. But since then, after removing most gBw files and installing Sol manually, I've had these issues.
Please make a screenshot ingame of the sol_weather app!
DXC222B.png

Sure thing, here's it. This doesn't show the issue nearly as bad, but all the kerbs are blindingly bright when on top of them. I should also mention that I have post-processing disabled as well as Lighting FX from CSP.View attachment 317834
Just don't take "performance mode". its just a test to find out thinks. It has nearly no big fps improvement compared to select "no Clouds". I will remove it, its not setup right.

I've also noticed in v1.2.4 if I change weather while on track with the app, PP filters do not work normally. For example, switching to the Kunos defaults like Sepia and B&W do not look sepia or black and white and Im not sure my main choice Sol_ACC looks normal either.

I've also noticed in v1.2.4 if I change weather while on track with the app, PP filters do not work normally. For example, switching to the Kunos defaults like Sepia and B&W do not look sepia or black and white and Im not sure my main choice Sol_ACC looks normal either.
There is a bug in the __Sol_ACC filter. Just remove the dot there:

[VIGNETTING]
; SetVignetteParameters()
STRENGTH=0.

Its already fixed in Sol1 .3

Reactions: EIF
Just don't take "performance mode". its just a test to find out thinks. It has nearly no big fps improvement compared to select "no Clouds". I will remove it, its not setup right.
I believe you missed where I said in my first post that, if I attempt disabling "performance mode" in game it will immediately crash, and editing the config file results in the game never launching. If the solution is "wait until the next version", then so be it. But if there's a solution that will work until then, please do share.

I believe you missed where I said in my first post that, if I attempt disabling "performance mode" in game it will immediately crash, and editing the config file results in the game never launching. If the solution is "wait until the next version", then so be it. But if there's a solution that will work until then, please do share.
Oh sorry! I think its caused by a wrong installation or so. o just reinstall CSP 140 in CM
upload_2019-8-1_10-0-6.png

and install Sol 1.2.4 manually:

With Sol 1.3 - which is will be released very soon, i will remove the "performance mode".

To provide a very light weight weatherFX implementation, i'm in the making of "Simple PP off".
Its completely independent of Sol, it just uses the Starts and Moon textures from it.

With Simple PP off you got a very basic day/night cycle, moon and stars, a simple sun effect and the fewest code to run this.

Be aware its meant to run without PostProcessing to achieve the highest frame rates for VR...

If you like, you can test the very first version.
https://discord.gg/e5YzEzQ
For some feedbacl, please use the discussion channel:
https://discord.gg/68zgAuv

I wish Ilja could provide 'bright brake lights' through the shader patch - that's the only reason I'm still using post processing in VR. I'd like to turn PP off for performance reasons, but the brake lights are very faint without PP. I have asked on the Discord channel, no reply unfortunately. Peter, maybe you can bring this to his attention?

Hello! I have a problem with the track surface of the nordschleife, but I don't know if it is connected to Sol or the Shaders Patch. The surface has a blue tint to it and is a bit reflective, almost like it is wet. And it is only the Nordscheife, even when driving the VLN or 24H Versions. There is ab sharp edge in terms of colour on the track when entering the Nordschleife after the GP track.
Any help is very welcome

Hello! I have a problem with the track surface of the nordschleife, but I don't know if it is connected to Sol or the Shaders Patch. The surface has a blue tint to it and is a bit reflective, almost like it is wet. And it is only the Nordscheife, even when driving the VLN or 24H Versions. There is ab sharp edge in terms of colour on the track when entering the Nordschleife after the GP track.
Any help is very welcome
It's meant to be a Fata Morgana. You can deactivate it in the Settings. Road reflections in the CSP graphics tab I think

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%