Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Every time i start a race the weather is on dynamic weather and not the weather i chose before the race, how i can change it?
From Peter on Discord:
unknown.png

• Deleted member 197115

Does this mod need CM? How do I run it in VR with simcommander?
It needs Custom Shader Patch and CM controls all that integration, plus it is a much nicer UI than vanilla launcher.
To launch it from SimCommander, just make "game exe" and "wait on" point to Content Manager.exe
upload_2019-7-7_9-23-13.png

VR mode initialized when you start race, same as vanilla launcher.

Please help! Having run some old version of the lights patch (about a year old if not more), I have recently upgraded to the latest patch and latest Sol. Now the windscreens and headlights are heavily tinted and this persists even when removing the lights patch, Sol, deleting Sol settings from ACapps/python, deleting customs shaders folder from the Users folder, running reapir in Steam and so on...
This is how the game is looking now:
Screenshot-abarth500-imola-11-7-119-17-8-6.jpg

Any idea why the sky is black? I played Silverstone by Kunos and it was ok, but then tried Roller Coaster Race Circuit with Few Clouds and No Clouds Performance - skybox was mising, it was just black. After closing game CM showed this error:
wat.jpg

I have recently updated Sol, SP version 0.1.25-preview140.

Hi, Peter! First of all THANK YOU for the work! I`m having a blast playing with the celestial feature of the mod finding what dates work for solar eclipses at different locations and found that this part of the mod is near perfect. If you strive to make it even better please see why it don`t load dates before 1970-01-01 and why the movement is a little off, giving a total eclipses where there are partial and vice versa. But even in this state it`s great fun, giving a flavor of "Easter egg" search to the game!

Hi, Peter! First of all THANK YOU for the work! I`m having a blast playing with the celestial feature of the mod finding what dates work for solar eclipses at different locations and found that this part of the mod is near perfect. If you strive to make it even better please see why it don`t load dates before 1970-01-01 and why the movement is a little off, giving a total eclipses where there are partial and vice versa. But even in this state it`s great fun, giving a flavor of "Easter egg" search to the game!
Shader Patch uses an online service to retrieve the sun position for a given time, date and GPS position. So it could be this service don't calculate the position before this date. So the solar and lunar eclipses are no Easter eggs, they are just a result of the real sun and moon positions. The only additional thing I have done in Sol, is the behavior and graphical look when such constellations are happen. Imo the online function has a wider calculation in the future than in the past.

Last edited:
Help, the grass changes color in Nordschleife, any idea why? its the only track for now that does this
Its caused by a problem with the track lights configs. track lights configs manages the lights on the tracks, but also material and texture changes and adjustments like seasonal looks ( like autumn and winter ). The last version of a track ligth config is downloaded by CM, when a race is started. The auto loaded configs are located in the path /extension/config/tracks/loaded. You can manage them in CM:
If some problems occur, you can just reinstall the config of a track:
upload_2019-7-12_12-16-52.png

Another method is:
Just delete every files in /extension/config/tracks (Just the files, NOT the folders)
AND also clean the content of the /extension/config/tracks/loaded folder. So CM can start to download all files again.

IMPORTANT IS:
If there is a config in the /extension/config/tracks/ folder, then this config has a higher priority than the autoloaded configs. So it is recommended to have NO files in /extension/config/tracks/ folder, just in the /extension/config/tracks/loaded/ folder !

Don't disable Custom node or else Extra FX won't work
I assume you've replied to my post about tinted glass, could you expand on what you mean?
I've completely uninstalled AC, fresh install, fresh MyDocuments folder and glass looked fine only until I've once again installed Sol... Not sure what to do now/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%