Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
just little updates here: tried with reinstalling AC from scratch: then installed CM, CSP 140 from CM and manual installation for Sol. Still not working. also tried with copying both in mods folder and activating them in JSGME, still not working. Don't know why, but i just getg CSP working with the very old preview49.

Why p49? I had issues with p49 before and the new 140 works amazing. Delete everything from Shader mod and sol. Then install 140 inside CM in the settings. For sol just copy the content inside the mod folder in AC root and overwrite. Easy.

Edit: oh I misread that.

I'm having a strange issue with Sol 1.2.4, Custom Shaders Patch 0.1.25-preview140 and the Kunos track Highlands Short. With the Custom Shaders patch active, all of the buildings on this track are missing. With it de-activated, the trackside is rendered normally.

In the "Track Configs" settings of Content manager it is showing that the latest version (458) of the track config is installed (author NoThrottle Control), and the Track VAO settings are also showing latest version installed (451).

Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

OK...I think I've sort of answered my own question. If upgrade to 0.1.25-preview185 then the buildings are back! For whatever reason they don't show up when using 0.1.25-preview140. I've verified this by switching back and forth between the two.

OK...I think I've sort of answered my own question. If upgrade to 0.1.25-preview185 then the buildings are back! For whatever reason they don't show up when using 0.1.25-preview140. I've verified this by switching back and forth between the two.
Sorry for being late.
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Somehow the config file wasn't updated properly or was deleted. I'm glad that this issue is now fixed and that it isn't necessary any more to update the config files manually.

If you should encounter an issue like this in future, though, you can download the latest track config files by yourself from: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config.
These should definitely work.

Hi!
I really like the smoke effect when i passing thru (in VR it's awesome)... It's like a heat effect with visual deformations (?) Is there any chance to tweak this in a kind of transparent mode and simulate the heat when you race behind a car?

It could be cool! :D

• Deleted member 197115

Hi Peter, 1.3 is out, how do we get dynamic wet track, or it's still in work?
Thanks

Been having a strange issue for a while. In cockpit view of open wheel cars, especially in dull weather, shading of the dark cockpit and tyres looks strange.

2Mv88Ld.png

In external views they are fine. It looks like the brightness increases when in cockpit view. This comparison taken by moving the camera from the cockpit to the side using F7 freecam shows the difference in shading.

M5IGkIG.png

The HDR value in Sol app in this example also changes as the image brightness changes, from .98 inside car to 1.0 outside. Is there anythinig I can change to correct it.

Been having a strange issue for a while. In cockpit view of open wheel cars, especially in dull weather, shading of the dark cockpit and tyres looks strange.

2Mv88Ld.png

In external views they are fine. It looks like the brightness increases when in cockpit view. This comparison taken by moving the camera from the cockpit to the side using F7 freecam shows the difference in shading.

M5IGkIG.png

The HDR value in Sol app in this example also changes as the image brightness changes, from .98 inside car to 1.0 outside. Is there anythinig I can change to correct it.
Are you sure you have installed the right version 1.2.4. You can see it in the sol_weather app. It looks like wrong dynamic ambient light. SOl has its own parameters which fits the scene. With a version of CSP, i think it was 110 or so, the code of dynamic ambient light was changed. Sol 1.2.4 take care of this.

You have to activate it here:
upload_2019-7-30_23-12-56.png

Or just try to deactivate it - but this will not solve the real problem.

I've got quite an issue trying to get Sol to work. Currently I can only run in "performance mode", which disables dynamic weather, and results in the same sunny, ridiculously over-exposed/over-reflective conditions regardless of weather. Anytime I try to disable "performance mode" or select any specific weather program, the game crashes. I have installed CSP140 through CM, then SOL1.2.4 manually (as requested). I've attached a screenshot that I hope shows the over-exposed and extremely reflective track surface.
I'm assuming both problems are related in some fashion. I used to have Sol working properly when I also had gBw installed, both through JSGME. But since then, after removing most gBw files and installing Sol manually, I've had these issues.

Attachments

• 20190730235223_1.jpg
    20190730235223_1.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 95
I'm not sure if I should count this as Sol or Shader Patch problem, but my Nordschleife track has some weird stuff going on. I use preview140 version on SP and Sol 1.2.4.
The ground is changing color from green to purple tint in a few second cycles. And grass/tree objects far away and some of them close up are turning almost completely transparent. This happens only in Nordschleife, with or with out skins enabled.
Here is a lap, you can notice the effect through out the lap.

At 2:45 trees on the hill are almost invisible, and ground on the right is pulsating from purple to green.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.3%