Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I assume you've replied to my post about tinted glass, could you expand on what you mean?
I've completely uninstalled AC, fresh install, fresh MyDocuments folder and glass looked fine only until I've once again installed Sol... Not sure what to do now/
could you make a screenshot of the glass before and after? Just disable weatherFX to bypass Sol

could you make a screenshot of the glass before and after? Just disable weatherFX to bypass Sol
Both at noon, Clear.
Before Sol
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-imola-12-7-119-15-18-17.jpg

After Sol
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-imola-12-7-119-15-20-53.jpg

Actually i'm working on the next version 1.3. Its focus is visual improvement. With 1.3 i introduce a new feature called "ppfilter-brightness-sun-link". With less sun the ppfilter brightness is increased. This is working like an iris of a camera and it could be selected as an interior only effect or also for external cameras. It will improve the driving in low light conditions.
Next feature is an overhauld blue sky booster. Its more natural now.
Version 1.3 now uses CSP's cloud shadow effect - this will work also with the "ppfilter-brightness-sun-link". If the sun is covered by clouds, the ppfilter brightness is increased.
I also changed the glare settings and many other things to improve the balance of bright and dark objects/areas.
The overall CSP lights brightness is now controlled by Sol (can be deactivated), which brings much more balance of headlights and tracklights in night races.

imDgOYD.jpg

4lWGjMC.jpg

HJCvFx4.jpg

SwxOk2T.jpg

OY6xsi0.jpg

IH9lcGW.jpg

tj57YdS.jpg

Last edited:
could you try it on another track like spa or brands hatch. actually with imola a exposure fix is introduced to compensate the to bright textures. it will be removed when there is a proper track light config to adjust the textures.
Many thanks for the reply! Will try several other tracks tomorrow and report back.

Really sorry for this question but I’m slightly confused. Does the CM download include the custom shaders patch or do I need to download separately?

Can I install SOL without the content manager?

Again sorry for this, everyone else seems to be able to manage :roflmao:

Really sorry for this question but I’m slightly confused. Does the CM download include the custom shaders patch or do I need to download separately?

All three are separate entities. You must have CM for this to work. Be sure to follow the Sol installation guide step by step and you should be fine. If you encounter any issues along the way, their are many experienced users here that will help out, just as they did with me when I took the steps about a week ago :)

Sorry if this has been asked. But just a quick question about Sol.

When you set it raining and tracker get wet, this does not effect the car physics. Or is there a setting that needs to be set for this.

Maybe this is just a visual mod.

I've just checked a few other tracks and the issue is consistent with all of them. Here is an example on Silverstone. Another curious thing is that heavy tint disappears when using Broken Clouds or even Rain, it is only there on Clear and "clear like" presets ("Few Clouds") and so on.
All pics taken at Noon, current date, hot lap starting position.
No Sol, Clear, default pp preset
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-34-23.jpg

Sol, Clear, pp preset "Sol" (I had to change angle as sun glare became in the way with Sol)
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-37-53.jpg

Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-39-29.jpg

Sol, Rain, pp preset Sol. Notice untintend clear glass
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-41-14.jpg

Sol, Broken Clouds, pp preset Sol. Clear glass again
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-42-16.jpg

in CM you can MANAGE the shader patch - its realy easy! just select your version here:
(recommended version for Sol 1.2.4 is 140)
upload_2019-7-13_11-31-45.png

You have to install Sol manually, NOT via drag'n'drop to CM!

1. Open the Sol zip.
2. In the zip, go into the folder /MODS and then /Sol
3. Copy the folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files

I've just checked a few other tracks and the issue is consistent with all of them. Here is an example on Silverstone. Another curious thing is that heavy tint disappears when using Broken Clouds or even Rain, it is only there on Clear and "clear like" presets ("Few Clouds") and so on.
All pics taken at Noon, current date, hot lap starting position.
No Sol, Clear, default pp preset
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-34-23.jpg

Sol, Clear, pp preset "Sol" (I had to change angle as sun glare became in the way with Sol)
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-37-53.jpg

Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-39-29.jpg

Sol, Rain, pp preset Sol. Notice untintend clear glass
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-41-14.jpg

Sol, Broken Clouds, pp preset Sol. Clear glass again
Screenshot-ks-toyota-supra-mkiv-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-9-42-16.jpg
But shouldn't it be this way? With just a blue sky, just blue can reflect on the glass. And with more and more overcast it reflects more and more white.

upload_2019-7-13_11-42-29.png

just blue reflection.

upload_2019-7-13_11-43-49.png

overcast

In CSP+Sol:
upload_2019-7-13_11-46-45.png

upload_2019-7-13_11-47-53.png

But the reflection amount could be a tad more, maybe its what you mean? I could look for....

You have to install Sol manually, NOT via drag'n'drop to CM!
1. Open the Sol zip.
2. In the zip, go into the folder /MODS and then /Sol
3. Copy the folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files
I've installed Sol via CM :) I am always hesitant to do manual installs as it is much harder/impossible to undo them (am I wrong?).
But shouldn't it be this way? With just a blue sky, just blue can reflect on the glass. And with more and more overcast it reflects more and more white.
I think at the moment the blue reflects too much, in real life on a clear day we can clearly see other drivers eyes and all the little details inside his car (unless there is glare or reflection of a building/sky/etc - then the driver is obscured like in your BMW shot above. But those reflections can only be seen from some angles, from other angles we just see through the glass). Unless that driver is behind tinted glass. And in RL it is not harder to see the other driver's eyes on a junction on a clear midday, compared to an overcast midday. AC's Sol may indeed be reflecting blue sky, but the end result seems more like :)
oem-slingshot-windshield-vs-f4-tinted-windscreen.jpg

Smoky tint is most obvious on a white car,
Screenshot-abarth500-ks-silverstone-13-7-119-12-32-54.jpg

there is no way this windscreen is legal in the UK ;)
tint-law-1.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Just copy the whole Sol zip content into AC root folder. It will all end up under MODs directory.
After that inside CM go to Content/Mods and activate it. This way it's using JSGME and you can revert it back cleanly at any time.
When upgrading to new version, deactivate, right click and select Delete.

Pulsating colors in trees and other features for Kunos Nordshleife
I
'm trying to troubleshoot this recent issue I've noticed with Kunos' versions of the Nordschleife. The trees and other features like dirt and runoff areas seem to pulsate or cycle through different colors. It's more on the subtle side, but definitely noticeable. Very likely I've installed something that's causing this. It ONLY appears for the Nordschleife track.

Any ideas on where I can start to try and troubleshoot this?

Could it be something caused by the stFlow shader that animates billboards and other features on some tracks?

I'm using Content Manager with SOL (latest versions) and Few Clouds (SOL) weather. I do have a summer and autumn skin for the Nordschleife, and the pulsating occurs no matter what skin you select, or if's default.

It's caused by duplicated files stored in one unnecessary Nords folder (located in /extension/config/tracks/) that you just have to remove. Check out Peter's response in that thread:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol-and-nordschleife.164110/#post-3007184

Yep! That was it! It's fixed!

I think I had accidentally "manually" copied some files into the "track" folder (there were a bunch of them) and they were overriding the files in the "loaded" subfolder. I removed all of those, but backed them up to a temporary folder in case I needed them for some reason.

This may not be SOL-related, but how do I reduced "slivered" and dancing shadows, like on barriers and walls? It's not bad, but noticeable.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and your great work to make AC an incredible simulator.

Excellent work on this mod! I'm really enjoying it :) :)
One slight issue though, I've noticed that when using SOL the interiors of some cars are no longer shiny when they should be. Example, the dark, shiny plastic on the wheel of the Supra becomes a matte cloth-like finish.

TOP is SOL enabled, bottom is disabled.

n67WZZs.jpg

Is there anything I can do to remedy this problem?

@Cohen Singh Please check if that's not just related to a CSP "Reflection FX" page feature. Disable "interior masking" if that's just the sky being reflected on every interior shape in the screen without Sol (and probably without CSP too).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.